You are not logged in. Please register or login.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

Re: Halloween 3D in summer 2010

apex-twin wrote:

Yeah,

What I wrote was obviously something I pretty much came up as I went, barely troubling to double up and spell-check whatever was coming out. Should a script be commissioned, I'd obviously let them know the Stanford Prison Experiment references should be sidelines, because when you have around 4-5 Michaels doing doughnuts around town, you get 45 minutes max on exposition and character development as their 'human' selves and would still need to convincingly portray their respective journeys to madness. At that point, you're looking at a mini-series format if you have any intention of doing things in a believable and structured fashion.

So, I'd probably weed the Michael's back to one, a Loomis sidekick who gets let loose in Haddonfield and reports to the Doctor on a regular basis on Halloween night. This introduces the scene I always wanted to do but didn't dare including - taking a little bit of a piss on Michael by having his body double do pretty regular things like using a cellphone, taking a leak, basically, surviving through rather common tasks in an unfriendly environment while guised as the legendary psycho-killer. Little by little, the human elements would fall off, he'd stop talking, start getting all the less concerned of his surroundings, etc. The point where you stop wearing a mask, because you no longer realize you're wearing one.

The logical conclusion would have him kill the real Michael (or a real copycat thereof) and take the blame for everything. If you can't get Myers' dental records out of the corpse, you'd be sure to think it being just an innocent bystander. So, he kills the real bad guy and ends up getting blamed for it, as underneath the mask, they all look alike anyway. 16

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

"... Weinstein said Rob Zombie, who directed "Halloween II" and 2007's reboot of the 31-year-old horror series, won't return for "Halloween 3-D." That, at least, is very good news.  WTF was Zombie on when he wrote his "vision" for H2??  I'm a huge Halloween fan but I saw H2 over the weekend and this could very well be the absolute worst movie I have ever seen.   

James Lofton wrote:

"This franchise is in trouble."

Big trouble I'm afraid.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

The next director in front of the firing squad has one hell of a task ahead. Do they go the safe popcorn fluff route, or do they do what Zombie said he would do but was unable to... make Michael Myers scary again?

They're gonna go safe-popcorn. Safe. Don't even worry about it.

NO WAY, after the Zombie disaster, will the Weinstein's EVER take a chance, again.

Halloween III - great, but a Myers-less bomb
Zombie's Halloween - played it safe, huge hit at the box office
Zombie's Halloween II - his pure vision, bomb

Halloween 3D will be a safe, straight-forward, dumbed down slasher. Right now at this point, i'm only praying to God, that it doesn't become the next Halloween: Resurrection, because my gut tells me, that's the kind of film they're gonna make.

Mike
 Rep: 13 

Mike wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I personally would like to direct non-3D Halloween III. The first thing i'd do is hire Dean Cundey for Cinematography, and the next, Alan Howarth for the score.

I personally would love to re-reboot Halloween.

Here's how mine would go:

Mine would begin similar to the 1978 original. I rather have his motive for killing be a mystery instead of some sub-plot putting Michael up to be a sympathetic character like in the Zombie remake. He'll kill his 17-year-old sister at age 6 and get locked up like in the original. Around the time Michael would be 18, Smith's Grove Mental Hospital will be forced to be shut down by the government because patients are being mistreated and abused so Michael will take this chance to escape and he'll be missing for three years. Finally at age 21, he'll arrive in Haddonfield. This would probably piss off some or a lot of Halloween fans but I would exclude the character Laurie Strode, Michael would not have a younger sibling in my ideal reboot. Even Carpenter regrets making Laurie his sister. I'd create a new female character, she'll probably still be a babysitter but she won't be Michael's sibling. So really I would like to portray Michael how Carpenter did at first in the original, Michael was like this peeping tom sort of character before they turned him into this killer that was on a quest to kill off remaining family members instead. He was scarier the other way.

I don't mean to post off topic, I just wanted to hear others' thoughts on my idea of a reboot that should've been (or will be cool ).

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

You're not off topic. We're basically just throwing ideas at the wall as potential reboots.

I've mentioned this many times, but I think you can add a revenge theme to this without changing the core concept of the story. Keep Laurie(NOT Scout), and keep the overall vibe of the original. However, in the third act, something unusual happens....

Laurie snaps. Not in a "I'm his sister so must follow in my family's footsteps" kinda way. After a trail of dead bodies including friends and most family, she cant take it anymore. So she acquires a gun, and goes out stalking him just as he is doing with her. Does she kill him? No, but that's not the point. This also puts the Loomis character in a bit of a pickle. Not only does he have Myers to contend with, he has to consider the whereabouts of this rogue teen girl stalking the streets of Haddonfield looking to deliver her own style of vigilante justice.

The town is in utter chaos. News reports warning of Myers killing spree, and also telling people a teenager by the name of Laurie Strode is prowling the streets and considered "armed and extremely dangerous". So much carnage in this town nobody knows who's doing what.

James

James wrote:

I don't like to post rumors that we haven't checked out yet, but other websites are already reporting the rumor, so we might as well too. A reader by the name of "The Egg Man" e-mailed all of us claiming that they know who is directing Halloween 3D, which was just announced yesterday after a less than stellar opening weekend for Michael Myers. Read on to see what our reader has heard and remember to keep this filed under rumor until we confirm.

From THE EGG MAN:

"I figured I would let you in on a little info that came my way via my agent. I don't know if this is 100% accurate, but if it is, it wouldn't surprise me.

Word is, that the person who will be directing this next film, not only has horror experience, but also has experience with Michael Myers, and 3-D films as well.

I heard that Dimension is in negotiations with STEVE MINER to come back to the franchise. Steve directed Halloween:H20, as well as Friday the 13th parts II and III. Do whatever you want with this info. If you choose to use it, feel free to call me THE EGG MAN."

Well, we've got an e-mail out to Mr. Miner and will let you know what he says as soon as he returns. Miner also directed the Day of the Dead direct-to-DVD release from First Look.

The reason I DON'T believe this rumor is that I've been doing some heavy digging since it was announced and have learned that Dimension Films might have actually jumped the gun on the announcement, and still have yet to decide if they're doing it or not.

As always, we'll keep you posted, and remember RUMOR, RUMOR, RUMOR.

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/17242

---------------------

Dimension needs to step away from the crack pipe. Go to rehab for two years and then consider a reboot/stand alone/sequel. Yes, Miner directed one of my all time favorite horror flicks (F13 part II), and also did F13 3D, but that was decades ago and H20 was pure shit.

I will be avoiding this like the plague if it becomes official news.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

H2O is the best film you're gonna get at this point. If you're holding out for that magic reboot that'll be the best since the original, forget it. H2O looks like a masterpiece compared to what came after, and frankly, what came before.

BUT, with that said... it was a film of it's time. In 1998, Halloween H2O was a pretty decent slasher flick, that simply co-opted the Halloween premise. We all know the characters and actions of Michael were straight out of a "Scream" film, and the kids were basically just like that, with more tone to the Dawson's Creek crowd. Like I said, in 1998, it was a horror film of it's time, and not a bad one at all. Now... we don't look on it so kindly was we're getting further and further away from 90's. H2O is over 10 years old now (which just blows my fucking mind, wow), and we've all just moved on.

Steve Miner coming back would be a disaster. James had mentioned Dwight Little. You want me to hope on board that boat? Bring back Steve fucking Miner. The dude did some good films at one time. Love Friday Part 2, Loved House (anybody remember that oldie but goodie with William Katt), Friday Part III had it's own charm, and I enjoyed Halloween H2O. But Miner is a total has been, that would bring NOTHING to the franchise. His last total classic was the DTV Day of the Dead 2008, which makes Halloween II (2009), look like The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974) by comparison.

Miner would simply put out another stinker, just like Rick Rosenthal did with Halloween: Resurrection, when he returned. Bad move.

Oh, and as far as Halloween 3D goes... the only question here is whether they will be doing it in '3D'. A new Halloween III is most certaintly going to happen, sooner or later, and with the Weinstein's needing the money - soon is the word.

I like Mike's idea, but everyone, including myself has been talking re-reboot. Has anyone given any thoughts to just ignoring Zombie's H2, picking up with Zombie's H1, and retconning a bunch of shit to keep it going? Lighten it up, and streamline it more, that kind of thing?

At this point I think it's the most likely scenario.

Oh, and by the way, I finally posted a review of H2 (2009) in that thread, in case anyone is interested.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Like I said earlier, this is just a huge joke at this point. It was bad enough that they remade the original, but now they even have the sequel names being reused. "Halloween II." LOL, what the hell? The franchise just needs to end. Period. No more remakes, no more bullshit "fresh approaches." Time for Hollywood to stop sucking on the Michael Myers teet. If they have a fresh approach, then use it on an original film instead of pidgeonholing it into a well-known franchise.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I took a friend to H2-2009 yesterday, and on the way home, I was telling them, honestly... the franchise should've died with Donald Pleasence.

He was the heart and soul. It's even clearer to me now, than it was then. Sure H5 & H6 stunk, but who wouldn't normally think a Part 5 & 6 would suck? It was over in 1995!

They should've stopped then.

He was the Bruce Willis of the franchise. How many people want to see Die Hard sequels for the next 20 years, sans Bruce Willis?

I rest my case

James

James wrote:

Until the public walks away from the remake trend completely, it's never gonna stop. So just keep rebooting this crap until someone gets it right. Obviously nothing they do is gonna top the original series, but the least they can do is give us an entertaining flick. Dumping Zombie is a good first step.

In a perfect world the original series would have ended at 4.

Board footer