You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Re: Halloween 3D in summer 2010

Gunslinger wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

That's actually not a bad idea. Problem is, it'd be the THIRD time they've tried to do that.

H4 picked up 10 years later. H2O ignored H4-H6, and picked up 20 years later, and this would be the third time we'd get a direct-sequel to H2(81).

True, but it is also the perfect time to do it.  This is the only plausible way of getting the series back on track (outside of taking only the first 15 mins of Resurrection, scrapping the rest and contine from there) unless they go with the "non-Myers" route on H3D.  We all know how that worked out first time, lol. Great movie to be fair but not accepted, an H3 without Myers would do the same. 

If you continue H3 from RZ's "vision" you are screwed.  H2 was the worst movie in the franchise and that's saying something when you consider turd-fests like Resurrection and Halloween 5.   

The first two movies are the only true reason why the franchise has survived.  If you go back to where part two (the original) left off and then work from there with some RESPECT to the franchise and fans it could work.  Going to happen?  Not likely but I think IF this were to happen it could save a stale franchise that is just one more bad movie away from extinction.

Axllin08 wrote:

My guess if they tie into the old franchise, like F13(2009), would be to just pick up where H1(78) leaves off, Michael vanishes after the film, and doesn't re-emerge until over 30 years later. By that point, Loomis is dead, Laurie is dead, you have a whole new cast of characters, and Michael can be taken back to the roots of the first film. That'd probably be the best option is to just abandon the sequels.

I actually really like this idea.

IF they go this route (not going to happen, of course...they only want fast bucks) that would get rid of the "sister" problem as well.  Great idea...too bad we aren't rich and could make it happen, lol

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
copperye wrote:

Anyone else noticed 'shooting this fall'? The Weinsteins are clutching straws to keep the machine going, with every possible production packed up and on the shelf before Goldman-Sachs catches their hands in the cookie jar, slamming an IOU on the table so hard that it'll be heard across Tinseltown.

Yeah, that's even more worrisome than the 3D angle and who they have signed up for this. While horror films don't really require oodles of time to be spent on them, they don't need to be rushed either. Last time a Halloween was fast tracked was Halloween 5, and we know how that turned out.

If you continue H3 from RZ's "vision" you are screwed.

If they attempt that, then I hope Dimension goes under. They cant possibly be that stupid.....can they?

I think Zombie's flicks should be considered a stand alone vision and either go back to the original time line or do a new reboot. Either direction they go, hit fans over the head with it so everyone knows what to expect and no confusion sets in. Hell, some sort of viral marketing campaign beginning early 2010 would be a good idea.

The first two movies are the only true reason why the franchise has survived.  If you go back to where part two (the original) left off and then work from there with some RESPECT to the franchise and fans it could work.

Halloween 4 did wonders for the franchise. It was irrelevant at that point and the franchise could not have been relaunched any better than that. It also stuck to the original Carpenter story. Awesome cliffhanger that could have either been a perfect ending to the series(evil comes full circle) or a great sequel made years down the road.

If they hadn't fucked up the Jamie character, I would say go back to that story line.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:

True, but it is also the perfect time to do it.  This is the only plausible way of getting the series back on track (outside of taking only the first 15 mins of Resurrection, scrapping the rest and contine from there) unless they go with the "non-Myers" route on H3D.

A retcon of a shit-fest like Resurrection would be a waste of their and everyone's time.

Gunslinger wrote:

If you continue H3 from RZ's "vision" you are screwed.  H2 was the worst movie in the franchise and that's saying something when you consider turd-fests like Resurrection and Halloween 5.

I never thought i'd see Halloween films that would make H5 look like a great film... 'til Zombie came along. That film looks better and better by comparison.

At the end of the day, it did at least have Donald Pleasence.

Gunslinger wrote:

The first two movies are the only true reason why the franchise has survived.  If you go back to where part two (the original) left off and then work from there with some RESPECT to the franchise and fans it could work.  Going to happen?  Not likely but I think IF this were to happen it could save a stale franchise that is just one more bad movie away from extinction.

H1 is obviously the most popular. H2 & H4 have their respective fanbases inside the fans, including a 'vs' war that's went on for years of what camp you're in (I was an H2 guy). Even H3 has seemingly found it's audience, and has become a bit of a cult film, and is slowly becoming one of the more popular films in the franchise, among younger fans who appreciate it more.

The ones that are falling are the H2O's and Zombie's film. It's amazing, when H1(2007) came out, how many people liked it, yet within only two years, have turned on it, like a rabid dog... like I knew they would. The same thing will happen to F13(2009). The same thing did happen with TCM(2003).

James Lofton wrote:

Halloween 4 did wonders for the franchise. It was irrelevant at that point and the franchise could not have been relaunched any better than that. It also stuck to the original Carpenter story. Awesome cliffhanger that could have either been a perfect ending to the series(evil comes full circle) or a great sequel made years down the road.

If they hadn't fucked up the Jamie character, I would say go back to that story line

TONS of squandared opportunities within the H4-H6 era.

1) Jamie - Danielle Harris was a good actress, carried the films, and was an instant fan fave. Not only was she recast by H6, but she was also killed off for no reason at all.

2) Rachel - a new heroine for the franchise emerged by the beautiful, but believable Rachel. She went from girl next door, to Sarah fuckin' Connor by the end of H4, and we all liked her. For some reason she deserved death within the first act of H5. Why? This character could've been a lead for the franchise antagonist, and could've went on for MANY sequels, and still been there today.

3) Tommy Doyle - what was wrong with Paul Rudd? Despite the mega-clusterfuckt that was H6, Tommy was the PERFECT successor to Dr. Loomis (Donald Pleasence after his death). He could still be there today as the new Van Helsing for the films, spouting off stories of evil, and not being taken seriously as a creepy guy (Loomis). Probably the ONLY thing H6 got right, was THIS character.

...so many wasted opportunities.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Weinstein Co's Dimension Films Stops Pre-Production On 'Halloween 3D'; 'Halloween II' Set For Holiday Re-Release

halloween-3d.jpg

EXCLUSIVE: So here's what happened: the script only came in Friday, and it was the first draft that Dimension Films had seen. And The Weinstein Co was rushing to get the film into production for a November start date because it has to be done by January when director Patrick Lussier starts a film for Avi Lerner. A release for Summer 2010 was planned. Sure, the rumor mill claims TWC is out of money amid all those layoffs, and TWC couldn't agree on a $2.5M budget battle with Lussier, and TWC had key crew ready to fly to Shreveport. But I understand that Bob Weinstein shut down H3D pre-production "because Bob just felt it was rushing too fast." Now Dimension plans to start the film after My Bloody Valentine 3D helmer Lussier is free. (After all, the film editor got his directing start making Dracula 2000 for the Weinsteins.) But I know what you're thinking: Rob Zombie's reboot sequel Halloween II did lousy at the box office so perhaps TWC wants to cut its losses. "We make those pics for very little money and tight marketing dollars so anything north of $25M is a huge success for us," an insider tells me. Meanwhile, HII, whose domestic total is now $32M, will get a re-release on Halloween in selected theaters for midnight showings.

Source: Deadline Hollywood

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

This is good news. They'll either take their time to release a sequel, throw it on the back burner and wait for a legit reboot, or take it in the 'direct to DVD' direction which may sound lame, would allow them to take more risks with the series.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

DTV... Dimension... Hellraiser anyone?

It probably wouldn't get worse, but it wouldn't get better either.

They'll probably just wait until Lussier is free. I think this film will still be out by 2010, even if it's later rather than summer.

Board footer