You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

Re: How far for GNR?

jorge76 wrote:

In '06 I wasn't willing to drive 3 hours to see a show. 

I don't think that's changed, it might if I found out something special was going on.

I'm with Axlin08 though, It would be different for a reunion show.

ronartest2004
 Rep: 2 

If its just the same ol same ol, maybe an hour. Im not too impressed with the concert footage ive seen from this decade.

BUT, the question should be "how far would you drive to hear new material?". Because if I knew I would be hearing "the general,atlas,seven"....stuff like that, Id probably go as far to catch a plane.

But with how quickly new material that gnr performed at past concerts got remastered and leaked to the internet, I highly doubt that Axl will ever do new songs again live before releasing on an album.

maguire22
 Rep: 11 

maguire22 wrote:
ronartest2004 wrote:

BUT, the question should be "how far would you drive to hear new material?". Because if I knew I would be hearing "the general,atlas,seven"....stuff like that, Id probably go as far to catch a plane..

Well I for one don't have a scooby what the new setlist will be, so yeah I didn't presume on that - but if we go off onto that track, yeah if they did new material, my answer;s still the same, coz I have CD and I just want the buzz of a show, the night out and the beers, laughs, etc... but yeah I see your point! 22

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Brett wrote:

Regina, Saskatchewan.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

My finances at the moment would prohibit me leaving the country, but I'd definately go anywhere within Australia. Further if i was cashed up enough for travel.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

For this line up? My computer.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

The venue they played the Glasgow show is 20 minutes from my house by car, but I got drunk and took the scenic route by train. 3 trains actually hmm
Oh well, gave me time to finish my bottle.

This time I would probably catch as many UK shows as I could and get the ferry across to Ireland. I'm aiming for Glasgow, Newcastle, London and Ireland. Northern Ireland would be pretty cool as well, I can get free bed and board so I'd be there for sure. The setlist doesnt really bother me with regards to the classic songs, but I'm hoping they play the whole of the new album.
I'm not expecting any unheard songs to be premiered either.

I wouldnt mind going to a show in Holland and make a little holiday out of it 11

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
misterID wrote:

For this line up? My computer.

Looking forward to getting ranted about for complaning about setlists... 16

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

I drove 9 hours to see Axl in 07 - wouldn't repeat that

My buddy and I made a pact that if the real Guns re-formed, we'd travel anywhere in the world to see them

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
Olorin wrote:

I wouldnt mind going to a show in Holland and make a little holiday out of it 11

Flights with someone like Ryanair would probably be fairly cheap and you could probably find some accomodation somwhere, heck even a youth hostel probably. Could become quite the nice affordable holiday.

Board footer