You are not logged in. Please register or login.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

Re: How far for GNR?

apex-twin wrote:

Not into 'following' bands or going to a certain country just to attend a concert. During my last trip to London, attended two gigs by some cult bands that happened to fall on the holiday week - lucky timing and good shows. Those were the kinds of bands you wouldn't expect to tour Northern Europe much.

GNR, fortunately, is big enough to come down to my neck of the woods (Finland). In '06, they even played two shows, of which I went to the first due to the similar setlists, etc. Couldn't really be arsed to see them another time only to hear IRS live.

So, unless a local gig is in the cards, I might check them out in connection to a holiday / business trip, or if they'd play on a decent European festival like Roskilde. Even so, I wouldn't go to Roskilde simply to see GNR.

The RIR-Lisboa '06 webcast was a pretty riveting experience, and made me want to see the band once they'd show up. Now that I've done that, I'd wait and see for some reports before I'd spend my money on a show I would've possibly seen three years ago.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:
-Jack- wrote:

I wouldn't see GNR again sad. Barring really cheap tickets (like 10 bucks lol) or news of a new album or something. Honestly, don't really care about the band anymore hmm. Lineup means nothing to me and if the setlist is gonna be the same, I can just crank those songs in my car.

I hear ya

Sad but true unfortunately.

Unless they play right on my doorstep in my home town, I won't be making a point of seeing them again anytime soon - 5yrs ago, I probably would have flown to Australia if required

But I absolutley would fly anywhere in the world to see the real Guns - provided I could get tickets of course. It falls under the category of one of those 'things I must see/do before I die' things

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:
Axl S wrote:
Olorin wrote:

I wouldnt mind going to a show in Holland and make a little holiday out of it 11

Flights with someone like Ryanair would probably be fairly cheap and you could probably find some accomodation somwhere, heck even a youth hostel probably. Could become quite the nice affordable holiday.

What a weekend of debauchery that could be, it would probably be the end of me.
But, better to burn out....:beer:

Olorin

Olorin wrote:
TOTAL LOSS wrote:

I think a CD heavy set list will leave most people a bit underwhelmed.

They play what,  20 songs or above at a show? I'd be champing at the bit for say 10 new songs and the rest classics. I really hope they look at this as CD era and not just a nostalgia show. The albums out, I reckon most folk who attend the shows will have the new album and those who didnt like it will just stay at home.
I've always thought that the true strength of the album will be measured on how successful the shows are. If they get a good turnout across the world like in 2006/7 I'd say it was a success, if they struggle to fill venues regularly wherever they go then I'll be more willing to accept what the haters have been shoving in the face of anyone who shows enthusiasm all year, the album is a flop and the band is dead yada yada.

Olorin

Olorin wrote:
Dreamline wrote:

Come on guys!  Nobody's coming to Tokyo? tongue

I've never even been on a plane before, even the thought of the 15 hour flight makes me feel lightheaded and queezy 14

bucketfan
 Rep: 30 

bucketfan wrote:

If they get bucket back, I'd quite happily go to the Japan show.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
Dreamline wrote:

Come on guys!  Nobody's coming to Tokyo? tongue

Pay for my plane fare and I'm game. 16

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

I can't afford anything other than a UK gig. So they'd better get their arses over here.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Olorin wrote:
TOTAL LOSS wrote:

I think a CD heavy set list will leave most people a bit underwhelmed.

They play what,  20 songs or above at a show?

last time out i think it was regularily around 18-21 tunes

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
-Jack- wrote:

I wouldn't see GNR again sad. Barring really cheap tickets (like 10 bucks lol) or news of a new album or something. Honestly, don't really care about the band anymore hmm. Lineup means nothing to me and if the setlist is gonna be the same, I can just crank those songs in my car.

Kinda sad that its come to this for you and some of the younger fans. You were always a hardcore supporter of the new line up(s).

I certainly understand your feelings on the issue though. None of this turned out like it had been advertised for years, and the first casualties in the aftermath will be fans in that 16-21 age range who jumped on board during the silent years.

Board footer