You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

Re: How far for GNR?

-Jack- wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
-Jack- wrote:

I wouldn't see GNR again sad. Barring really cheap tickets (like 10 bucks lol) or news of a new album or something. Honestly, don't really care about the band anymore hmm. Lineup means nothing to me and if the setlist is gonna be the same, I can just crank those songs in my car.

Kinda sad that its come to this for you and some of the younger fans. You were always a hardcore supporter of the new line up(s).

I certainly understand your feelings on the issue though. None of this turned out like it had been advertised for years, and the first casualties in the aftermath will be fans in that 16-21 age range who jumped on board during the silent years.

Yeah I brought friends, went to almost all of the SoCal GNR shows, and had alot of fun. But it was all pre Chinese Democracy.. now that the album is out.. and I don't even think it's good.. I don't really care anymore.

It's also the fact that this band doesn't even care. There's no comeback or real pride associated with watching the shows and Axl himself seems to not really be putting himself into it anymore. So if Axl and Co. don't care, why should I?

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
-Jack- wrote:

So if Axl and Co. don't care, why should I?

The statement that defines GN'R post-1994

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

There's some longtime fans, that have spanned generations of boards on here, telling you they are done with the band, and have no interest in seeing 'fake' GN'R live again, and if they did, it'd have to be cheap, across the street, and for Axl only.

That's everything that i've been trying to convey a point about for the last several months.

But so what? We get it dude. Some old fans don't like the band anymore. That's like saying some people who travel overseas will get food poisioning. It happens over time, and it happens when bands go through a lot of changes.

I look at this GNR and I see a vastly different band than the band I loved in 1988, but you know what, I don't care, its a different thing but I enjoy it for what it is. Just like my new girlfriend isn't my old girlfriend..:D

Would I love the AFD line up to come to my house and play AFD over a few beers, hell yeah, but that's not going to stop me enjoying Bumble and Ashba tear up the guitars ripping  the shit out of those same classics and Chinese Democracy! Bring that shit on...:mosh:

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Dem fakes were pretty fuckin spectatular at the Glasgow gig in 06 and i've been absolutely champing at the bit to experience that high again, what a night it was!
The only weakness they had that night was Robin, I like the guy and he nailed all the songs perfectly but his solo spots were excruciating, and of which  there were many. He is the only line-up change from that night and even though I'd rather have him on board than DJ cause he is an original CD Era member, he's gone, and i'm interested to see what DJ brings to the plate.
I'm hoping Brain will be there also, he's actually my favourite member and it will be great to see Ron on stage again. He was a bit of an unknown during the last tour but since then he has pretty much embraced the fan base and became very familiar and a freind of the fans. I think he will be a lot more confident and outgoing on stage and it will make for a better show.

monkeychow wrote:

Bring that shit on...

Ditto.

And yeah, "fake" GN'R were pretty damn awesome.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

There's some longtime fans, that have spanned generations of boards on here, telling you they are done with the band, and have no interest in seeing 'fake' GN'R live again, and if they did, it'd have to be cheap, across the street, and for Axl only.

That's everything that i've been trying to convey a point about for the last several months.

But so what? We get it dude. Some old fans don't like the band anymore. That's like saying some people who travel overseas will get food poisioning. It happens over time, and it happens when bands go through a lot of changes.

I look at this GNR and I see a vastly different band than the band I loved in 1988, but you know what, I don't care, its a different thing but I enjoy it for what it is. Just like my new girlfriend isn't my old girlfriend..:D

Would I love the AFD line up to come to my house and play AFD over a few beers, hell yeah, but that's not going to stop me enjoying Bumble and Ashba tear up the guitars ripping  the shit out of those same classics and Chinese Democracy! Bring that shit on...:mosh:

its more my cash flow and common sense than that ive lost interest....i wouldnt be here everyday if i wasnt interested, and i'd take my family on a trip to disneyland or seomthign before splurging on a huge cross-globe trek to watch a concert, even if it was dimebag darryl back from the grave...i'd love to go see them again and hopefully the weather would be decent this time and i could hang afterwards for the band to leave the venue

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

It has nothing to do with "fake" GNR, Axlin08, but cash flow as Neemo said.

GNRBABY
 Rep: 4 

GNRBABY wrote:

I would travel anywhere on the eastern seaboard of the USA. Three states I'd prefer FL,NY,or GA

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:
bigbri wrote:

It has nothing to do with "fake" GNR, Axlin08, but cash flow as Neemo said.

Yes and no ... for me.

Yes because, it's ALL about cash-flow.

I can barely pay my bills these days, even ordering pizza or Chinese food is a big decision. The economic downturn has certainly affected my business, and I'm not 22 years-old anymore, I can't fly to Chicago on a whim to see a rock show - I don't have the time or the money.

No because, if the opportunity presented itself, there's always MasterCard.

"Mack: Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven are getting together for a one-night show in Cleveland. Tickets are $100 and I have an extra ... wanna come?"

Obviously the answer would be yes and all of my cash flow excuses would be irrelevant.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

We're pretty lucky in the UK cause its relatively small, you dont really have to travel very far to get anywhere in the country. Even travelling the length of the island is only a day long drive.

Board footer