You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

Re: GNR Sued For Copying Songs

mickronson wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Oh, and I prefer the demo over the album version.

+1

Sky Dog wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Singer Axl Rose and Guns N' Roses band members and album producers copied portions of two of Schnauss' songs -- "Wherever You Are" and "A Strangely Isolated Place" -- for a song used on the band's last album called "Riad N' the Bedouins," according to the lawsuit.

14 Sorry to laugh and I certainly don't wish for lawsuits to be aimed at the band(especially Bucket and Tommy), but it was pretty obvious when this was established last year that the intro was lifted from another artists work that this was going to happen. Once the forums connected the dots, Axl should have went to these people, admitted the mistake, and either settled with them or gave them a songwriting credit.

Not sure why they would name Bucket and Robin

They probably just hate Finck, but Bucket uses a lot of samples in some of his work so maybe they think he is the one who brought the specific samples to the table.

Definitely sucks for Tommy. sad

I'd be looking in Pittmans direction over this rather than Axl

Me too, although we cant really sidestep Bucket's possible role in the use of the sample.

It is funny how the lawsuit comes on the heels of the song being licensed to ROCK Band Unplugged. Quite timely as there is now money to be had.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news … ewsid=2037

Bucket and Finck's lawsuits will get thrown out and I imagine the Gnr business will settle this anyway for all parties.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

This thing happens all the time. It's also happened to GNR before with Don't Cry.  It doesn't mean anyone copied anyone else.

This isn't a huge deal.

Sky Dog wrote:

correct

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
mickronson wrote:

BBF replaced BH`s solo... where is he on the list. Exactly, whats it got to do with BH

Suing BBF brings you no attention. Suing Bucket does.

edit: Not meant as a dig at Ron. Just the facts....

This album is cursed.

Remember the cursed antiques vault on Friday The 13th: The TV Series?

The master to CD should've been thrown in there years ago.

sad

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

It doesn't mean anyone copied anyone else.

Oh please. It was directly lifted from another track.

Are you Vanilla Ice?

This isn't a huge deal.

I agree. Only reason it's gonna be a big topic is because the band never does anything.

Bucket and Finck's lawsuits will get thrown out and I imagine the Gnr business will settle this anyway for all parties.

It probably wont take much to settle, but these guys could play hardball wanting an actual songwriting credit, and the intro will likely be removed from a 2nd pressing if/when Best Buy ever unloads their supply.

Like you said, the timing of this is pretty suspect.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Great job Pitman!!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

This album is cursed.

Remember the cursed antiques vault on Friday The 13th: The TV Series?

The master to CD should've been thrown in there years ago.

sad

The album has definitely went on a strange journey. Even when its clinically dead someone finds a heartbeat.

What's next? Michael Jordan suing Fortus for copying his patented slam dunk from the 88 All Star Game while strumming a guitar?

If this tour is really gonna happen, Axl should release an EP while on tour to help distance himself from Chinese Democracy. Fuck, even an Itunes only release. Anything.

Board footer