You are not logged in. Please register or login.

TSI
 Rep: 2 

Re: GNR tour dates in Canada?

TSI wrote:

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Nobody seriously thinks that they're going to release singles and CD is going to start selling, do they?  I'd really hate to think any of us are that gullible - even the fanboys.

There's really no reason to think they WONT release singles. They have an album out. They're touring. If both those factors aren't a reason to release singles, then nothing is.

Will it cause an increase in sales? Maybe, maybe not. I'm pretty sure they'll attempt it though, and they should.

They have a year old album out that few people bought.  They toured multiple times without an album calling it the CD World Tour.  I'd say it's more likely that they won't release a single because nobody cared when they did release singles.  I can't believe you of all people don't see this as the cash grab that it is...

TSI

TSI wrote:

It's the perfect time to release singles!! More exposure-more (dare I say it?)
Publicity. smile  I will be at as many shows as my savings mastercharge/visa will allow, and with no wife aggro to hinder me this is shaping up to be a good time! Will enjoy meeting some of you at the shows!
And now second part of post, first not enough shows-then too many? Can't please some people anytime, so why even try? No interviews then people bitch and gripe about the online interviews-I'm going to ignore peoples opinions and
do what makes me happy! selfish? you betcha!

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

hmmm...is it just that my expectations are so low or is it okay to be really excited about this?

TSI

TSI wrote:

I pay cash- and in return I get to see a concert, it's a trade off and I don't see how some people label it as cash-grab! It's not like they put a gun against your head and force you to buy tickets! I choose to make this my chosen form of
entertainment! I watch movies on my laptop at home, but concerts are better
when you are there! Maybe I'll send pics so the cash-grabaholics can experience it secondhand wink
TSI

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

They have a year old album out that few people bought.  They toured multiple times without an album calling it the CD World Tour.  I'd say it's more likely that they won't release a single because nobody cared when they did release singles.  I can't believe you of all people don't see this as the cash grab that it is...

The album being a year old old doesn't mean squat in the big picture. In fact, the stars may be aligning for a second wind. M.I.A. was threatening to either retire or go back to the drawing board after Kala didn't do much damage. It exploded a year later and the rest is history. Now obviously that isn't happening with this, but there's no reason not to expect a single or two to come out within the next six months.

They weren't touring when they released those singles, and it was stupid to waste those songs when they knew they weren't gonna do anything. I wouldn't be opposed to a rerelease of Better at this point.

hmmm...is it just that my expectations are so low or is it okay to be really excited about this?

Your favorite band is possibly on the verge of touring. Nothing wrong with being excited.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

James is being positive... i'll be realistic.

The only sense these shows make, is to play new unheard material, release singles, and prep the release of the NEXT record, whenever it's release is planned.

Obviously that's too much for Mr. Rose to handle and won't happen, of course.

But it's FAR more likely than CD to have new singles released to radio and an attempt at a second wind.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

How is playing unheard songs on a CD tour more likely than releasing singles from an album that exists?

Hey, I'm all for playing unheard tracks. Bring it on. The more the merrier. However, that isn't happening. Fans are gonna be lucky if any extra CD tracks even make the setlist. Considering its two singles were on previous sets and maybe even the third, the setlist may be identical to 2006-07.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

I kind of think this is a big F.U. to the label and the Best Buy deal.  Anyone else think Axl was pissed off about that whole debacle and went into hiding until he was good and ready to do stuff on his own terms?  I mean, we don't know what goes on behind the scenes, but I'm sure there's a lot of red tape and legal crap that's prevented them from touring until now.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Bono wrote:
faldor wrote:

Why would you care where they play if you wouldn't go regardless?

I agree there are more shows than I anticipated.  I thought the fact they only scheduled 4 dates in Asia was a sign of things to come, ie. a limited schedule.  I guess not though.  I'd like to think they have a plan in place and will do something promotional wise to help push these shows.  But I highly doubt it.  Hope I'm wrong though.

Let's not get all "Gn'R fanboy bitchy defesive" about it. I simply suggestd a  venue that would make sense and would sell out for them. But duely noted that those who do not plan on attending need not participate in the conversation.

You can participate all you want.  I just find it amusing that some people feel the need to rain on the parade and find something negative to talk about when positive news comes about.  Never fails.

A little push would certainly help things this time around.  Whether it's formal interviews, releasing singles, a video, something, anything.  It sure would make sense.  Of course, making sense and Guns N' Roses aren't exactly synonymous, so I won't hold my breath.

Board footer