You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: If its the same old set list will you go??

James wrote:

I'll be going no matter what the setlist is. As I've stated before, my expectations have changed for GNR in the 21st century, so he can pimp out AFD at the show I'm at all night and it wont really make any difference. I'm going to see Axl Rose and hear a few hits. There will definitely be songs I like not performed, but that's just how the mop's gonna flop.

I agree with madagas that it's probably gonna be that 2006 setlist.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

I'd still go, but only locally I wouldn't travel any great distance this time around.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I'd go no matter what they play as well.

Although I'm looking forward to chinese democracy songs most due to their newness, I think people need to accept that the band will be pretty much expected to play the classic hits as well by the average punter, and so are likely to include a number of them in the set.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I'll be going no matter what the setlist is. As I've stated before, my expectations have changed for GNR in the 21st century, so he can pimp out AFD at the show I'm at all night and it wont really make any difference. I'm going to see Axl Rose and hear a few hits. There will definitely be songs I like not performed, but that's just how the mop's gonna flop.

What were the OTHER songs on that 2006 setlist again?  I remember Perfect Crime, Riad, Prostitute, If The World, TWAT.  Is that about it?  You don't think they'll play MORE new songs than those (minus Perfect Crime of course)?

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

i find it impossible to believe it will be the same setlist

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

i find it impossible to believe it will be the same setlist

I hope you're right.  I don't know if I could take anymore "I told you so's."

Sky Dog wrote:

Although I don't have the quote and can't remember where it was from, I think Axl said one time that the band picked out the setlist. It may have been one of his 2002 radio interviews, Logically, that would make sense because if someone like Tommy is involved in the song selction, you would have to think he would be leaning on AFD....same goes for Fortus, Finck etc. Maybe a fresh face like Ashba will bring something else to the table. We shall see.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
faldor wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

What were the OTHER songs on that 2006 setlist again?  I remember Perfect Crime, Riad, Prostitute, If The World, TWAT.  Is that about it?  You don't think they'll play MORE new songs than those (minus Perfect Crime of course)?

Yeah, it was the typical AFD rehash with these alternates...

Nice Boys
Down on the Farm
Perfect Crime
Riad
Prostitute
If the World

Not surprisingly, the only alternates performed were Nice Boys and Down on the Farm.

Nope, I don't think they'll play more new songs. If different new songs are performed this time, it'll take the place of a previously performed new song.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Axl gives a semi-coherent answer to the setlist:

"I mean, at the end of the day, it really depends on, well, for a bit of the nostalgia thing, you have the songs that we're playing a lot of the old material. For new excitement, you have the performance of these particular players, but at the end of the day, it's also really gonna stand on the new songs when we put out a new record, and if that's considered relevant or not, *and* if that's considered not selling out, just to be relevant." - Axl, 11/22/02

"This show is someone that is designed to be growing, over the next couple of years, its like this is the start of something but remember, we will be putting out a record, and about a year of so after that we'll be putting out another one, so they'll be a lot more material added to the set with a lot more things going on. This is the beginning, and we need to be showing people a lot of the older material, but it will grow." - Axl, 11/08/02

"And when we do drop the record, the plan is to drop the record, have a bunch of extra tracks... About a year or so down the road, drop another record, and drop a third record. This is a three-stage thing, we'll be touring for a reaaaaaal loooooong time... [...] We've been collecting lots of songs, so there won't be lots of time off. We'll just keep touring." - Axl, 11/22/02

The funny thing is that while seven-year old comments might not be too valid anymore, Axl seemed willing to get the album out of the way in order to tour.

One year off, no new album.

Reason? No external demand.

Reason for no external demand? Go figure.

it'd be cool if they changed the set list,but I really doubt they will,seems that GN'R are just an oldies act these days.

Board footer