You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Re: Axl Interview w Korean Newspaper (Unconfirmed)

Gong wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:

Then you put the emphasis on the new members.

This will never happen.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

If he didn't say it like that people would STILL be pointing to everything that happens as a sign of a reunion. That's one of the reasons I think he does it. 

Right or wrong, he's probobaly sending that message directly to Slash, too.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
Fat-Drunk wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:

Then you put the emphasis on the new members.

This will never happen.

And it is one of the reasons this version of GNR will never pick up.  I'm one of the first to admit I love the old band WAY more and I loved AFD and all but Axl needs to put that behind.  Put the attention on the new band and the new record.  Want people to stop or ask less questions about Slash and other old members?  Don't bash em.  Simple and easy.  When asked about the old band, he just has to give a short polite answer like I said in an earlier post and say but what's important is this band we have right now.  Those guys are what's important.  I'm no PR rep and I know that so his PR people should know that too.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

No hard hitting questions but a nice wee bit of promo. It's always good to see this. No complaints here.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:
misterID wrote:

So you want him to lie. 16

No I hope for him that he gets over that hatred.  Let it go.  He doesn't have to say a reunion is a possibility and so on.  Just say that they do their thing and that he wishes them the best.  Short answer and after a while he would get less questions about it and Slash and company would get less questions about it too.

I think that's prob true. Controversy sells mags and whatever else...so basicly the more Axl says stuff like calling Slash a cancer..the more i'd anticipate people asking him inflamatory questions...hoping to make him say a new hardcore headline like that. Whereas a simple "each to their own" answer would minimise the issue. Obviously to an extent there will always be interest in a reunion..but the drama does fuel the flames I think.

As for this interview, it doesn't sound like Axl's normal way of talking, but that could be a translation issue.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

could be real...translations of translations always lose something

axl does dthe interview in english...translated to korean then translated back to english...bound to be fucked up somewhere along the lines

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

My first thought was it had to be fake, because Axl was nice towards the former band members at the end, or more specifically I should say, roped Slash in with them in general.

But at the same time... Slash has done the same thing. Izzy too. There's times its "fuck Axl" and other times it's "I wish him all the best". I don't see why Axl would be any different. One minute it's "cancer", next it's "best of luck".

In theory... we don't know if this is confirmed yet.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

One of the users at mygnr emailed someone at LiveJournal who runs a Korean Language website to translate the page:

"Reuniting old members isn’t easy… And the new team is one of talent"
‘Guns and Roses’ frontman, Axl Rose coming to Korea.

On the 13th, heavy metal band Guns and Roses, which enjoyed explosive fame during the late 1980s and early 1990s, will perform their first live concert in Korea at Seoul’s Olympic Park. The band took a break from formal activities after the release of their third album, Use Your Illusion, in ’91, but in November last year they came back after 17 years with a new album titled, Chinese Democracy. The only former member however is Axl Rose, with the other members Slash, Duff McKagan, Matt Sorum, etc., busy working with another band, Velvet Revolver. We interviewed Guns and Roses’s lead vocalist Axl Rose through email.

Q: After the band formed almost 24 years ago, how does it feel coming to Korea for the first time? There must be a lot of fans who would want to hear your old songs.

A: With the concert coming up, we’ve received a lot of comments on Myspace and our homepage from Korean fans. There are also requests for us to make sure we play specific songs. Actually, we plan to sing a few songs that weren’t included in the original list for the performance at the beginning of the tour. Korea is a country we always wanted to visit, and now we’re here. We can’t wait to meet the fans.

Q: On the new album, Chinese Democracy, you criticised China’s iron-like rule and the oppression of the Falun Gong. China greatly opposed the album and it was banned from sale, so it makes sense that they would be excluded from your Asian tour. Did you predict this kind of opposition from China? If you had, then is there a reason why you nevertheless spoke out about China’s democracy?

A: This album wasn’t about just criticising a huge country like China; it was about criticising certain undemocratic actions done by the government. Various democratic movements are underway in China. These movements are starting to receive attention and results are being produced because of our songs. Of course we had predicted we would be excluded from China. We also predicted that not everyone could possibly hear our songs. (laughs) It’s a pity that we can’t be successful in China because we wanted to visit during our Asian tour.

Q: Do you like the new members of the band?

A: The members with us on this tour are absolutely the best. Especially the guitarist, DJ Ashba, who’s come with lots of experience since he was in the opening act for KISS and Ozzy Osborne’s festival, the Marilyn Manson tour, etc. During the tour he switches between about 10 different guitars while performing.

Q: There are a lot of fans who hope to see you reunited with the old members. Have you ever wanted to perform with Slash, Duff McKagan, Matt Sorum, Izzy Stradlin again?

A: Reuniting with the original members isn’t an easy thing. The old members are all devoted to their own music, and I wholeheartedly support them in their endeavours. The important thing I’d say is to support the current members and the best environment so that we can keep making music. The only thing right now is Guns and Roses.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

If that interview is legit, he has clearly softened his position since the infamous "cancer" comment, which is good news. Would be good to see him move forward without creating so much negativity around the GNR situation.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

it was about criticising certain undemocratic actions done by the government. Various democratic movements are underway in China. These movements are starting to receive attention and results are being produced because of our songs.

he cannot be serious. Is he seriously under the illusion that democratic movements in China are recieving attention  and results are being seen thanks to a Guns N' Roses album.   Axl seems a bit more mellow in this interview and his comments about the former band members and a reunion are  huge positive step even if a reunion never comes of it but those few lines lead me to think he's crazier than ever 16

Board footer