You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: Robin's Guitar Stuff for Sale

-D- wrote:

u dont think he was getting a monthly stripend for being in GNR?

Id say Axl had to keep them on some sort of salary to secure their services.

I agree with Buzz though, and this isn't cause I am a Slash lover or what not but Finck is a terrible guitar player IMO. I like his style for NIN but in GNR, u go from a bucket Solo to a Finck solo and it just sticks out like a woman with 4 tits.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

If I was rich I'd be into this sort of thing. Saw him with GNR and NIN, love both and his contributions to both. Both I don't have to kind of money necessary to buy stuff like that. Not sure who does.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
-D- wrote:

Id say Axl had to keep them on some sort of salary to secure their services.

sure when they were/are actively touring or recording (or even earlier in the process when money was being thrown around) but i doubt that they were just flinging cash around in recent years, especially after geffen cut funding...its why richard went out playing with nina and rhianna, and why tommy played soul asylum gigs and why dizzy did H&B and why ron played with lita ford and released solo material etc etc

im sure gnr pays these guys well...but i doubt they are being paid for doing nothing

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah, but he had to get a slice of CD's sales or that exclusive deal. He was a player on that album.

Unless they were all contract players for their sessions and never had any of the GN'R pie...

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Yeah but the bug to record got up Axl's ass at all sorts of crazy times... so did they just sit in a studio and hammer out as many guitar parts as possible and then send like hundreds of hours of tapes to Axl to listen to?

seems they'd have to be under some sort of salary to stay at axl's beckon call.

bucketfan
 Rep: 30 

bucketfan wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Should have done this 10 years ago...except he should have sold all of it instead of some of it.

Fuck off, ey? Pity he's not selling one of his Les Pauls - I love his tone. Not that I could afford one anyway!

Buzzsaw couldn't be more correct.

Not just the worst guitarist for GNR, but the worst 'professional' guitarist I've seen - ever.

The guy's a fucking hack.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

A Finck thread turns negative?

In other news, water is wet.....

While I do like some of his work in GNR, I agree with those who say he isn't very good. He's probably the only person who could ruin This I Love, and he simply lucked into meeting Trent and Axl. Without either of those guys, he's playing guitar in his basement while his parents chuckle upstairs.

My main reason for not liking him is his total lack of respect for his own fans. He wont even address his fans on Twitter for fucks sake. Hell, the chick who runs the only Finck site in existence has been ignored by him for years, including her 'tweets'. If this clown cant even spend five seconds responding to a woman who has spent 25% of her life running websites devoted to him, well he can fuck right off with such a stance for an artist of his stature.

On topic, this is a cool thing for the GNR collectors out there. Not talking about MSL or dark, but the 'real' collectors like Aussie, Troccoli, Pandora,etc.

Am I reading too much into the fact that these auctions all end on the same day that GNR's tour starts?

Not at all. I doubt that was a coincidence.

Finck's got it ass backwards though. The time for playing games is when you're in GNR. 16

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer