You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Re: Australian Tour Dates Axed

Saikin wrote:

Velvet Revolver axe Aussie tour for health reasons

Article from: The Daily Telegraph

By Kathy McCabe, Music Editor

November 30, 2007 01:45pm

AMERICAN rockers Velvet Revolver have postponed next week's Australian tour citing "health issues".

The band, formed by former Stone Temple Pilots singer Scott Weiland with Guns N' Roses legends Slash and Duff McKagan, had two concerts scheduled at the Enmore Theatre next Wednesday and Thursday.

They were forced to pull their dates in Japan when immigration officials refused their visa requests due to the criminal backgrounds of some of their members, particularly Weiland, who has a long history of battling drug addiction.

Neither the band's record label SonyBMG nor Australian promoter KMW Productions were able to explain the last-minute change of heart by the band - with a spokeswoman saying Velvet Revolver management would not go into details about the mysterious health issues and which band members were afflicted.

Slash conducted interviews with Australian media yesterday and was excited about the band returning to Australia to perform.

The promoter is expected to release details about the rescheduling of the tour and refund of tickets later today.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/s … 21,00.html

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Hmm. Could be the beginning of the end.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Here is the word form the aussie ticket site:

Dear ticket holder, 

AUSTRALIAN VELVET REVOLVER TOUR POSTPONED UNTIL EARLY 2008

Velvet Revolver regrettably announces their Australian Tour at the
Brisbane Convention Centre on 4 December and the Enmore Theatre Sydney
on 5 & 6 December 2007 has been postponed until early next year. The
band is disappointed they have to wait even longer to get to Australia,
as they were extremely excited to play for their Australian fans. New
Australian dates, expected to be in March of next year, will be
announced next week.

All tickets for the December shows will remain valid for the
re-scheduled shows in 2008.

Regards,
Ticketek
----------

Hope they do rechedule in Jan - i had tix for Melb and Syd!!

Also hope the band are ok. I've been worried about Slash since in his book he said he had 6 weeks to live 6 years ago... yikes

James

James wrote:

I don't think you should worry about Slash. Pretty obvious that health problems aren't the reason for this cancellation. The circumstances around that Asian cancellation were pretty fishy, and this one really raises a red flag.

I don't think these dates will ever take place. Usually when shows are rescheduled, the new dates are already set.

Could be an interesting few weeks in the VR world. Have to take a wait and see approach.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

yeah i gotta admit...when everyone said there was a motive about japan i thought it was paranoia...but this is a bit suspect. Like not getting visas to japan, then getting sick for the aussie show. Still could be a coninsidence IO guess. Be interesting to see if they reschedule the japan tour for march also - like if they sort out the visa issues.

In a way I hope it is just ticketsale bs or something, cos it would suck if any of the band or their families were ill.

As for VR breaking up (if that's whats happening as some speculate) well, I'd have mixed feelings, I do like VR, but it'd also be cool to see Slash do a Snakebit 3 etc....generally though i'd hate to see VR disband and a long period of inactivity. Its good to see Slash and Duff work togehter....

Horrific
 Rep: 7 

Horrific wrote:

We will get something bout this soon im sure,unlike uncle Axl n co. VR keeps us upto date with whats going on.

julia (babydolls)
 Rep: 6 

I hope they return and honour the Aussie shows soon. I sincerely hope this isnt the end for Vr as is being/will inevitably be speculated - I love seeing those guys live and wish them the best.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

I think it is over. If it's the tour or the band, we'll see. Slash and Scott are obviously more interested in their own career than in VR. Funny enough, that the two egos confronted the most in the band. Anyway, VR isn't and wasn't the real deal for them and they know it. Maybe they'll play a few European shows then go to hiatus, leaving time and space for the solo projects. Then they'll throw out a 3rd record if the record company does want it. But it's a big IF. There is a chance for a third 'real' VR album a few years later, but more likely it's over.

James

James wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

I think it is over.

I think so too. I think the lukewarm reaction to Libertad really shocked the band, and after touring behind it for a few months, they each started getting interested in their own thing. Slash is plugging his book and is a big part of the Guitar Hero promo. Weiland has his solo thing he wants to do, could write a book, and always has STP to fall back on. Duff and Matt can easily do their own thing, and who knows(or cares) about Dave.

Its over.

As far as fulfilling the remainder of their contract, they can easily release a live cd or even a demo/B sides album.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I just shrug my shoulders at this.  I'm glad Slash, Duff, and Matt are doing something, but if VR falls apart, they'll just do something else.  Guns is the only band I've ever been really disappointed that they fell apart.  If Axl's new band fell apart tomorrow, I wouldn't lose any sleep over that either.  Neither band really matters in the big scheme of things.  It's no longer something special like it was, it's just a band.

Board footer