You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: www.tommystinson.com

monkeychow wrote:

Oh sorry sad

That's terrible.

To be honest I'm not very familiar with Tommy outside of what he's done with GNR, one of those things I've been meaning to check out on my musical to do list - like get into his back catalogue and history and stuff.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:

Sky Dog wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=314GfEuGlBw

loose ends...Tommy early 90's with his band Bash and Pop.

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:
madagas wrote:

another shot across the bow...2:30 in...."I never travel far....without a little Gnr."  The actual original lyrics are Big Star in homage to Alex Chilton.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgiMlXJQ9G4

Tommy co-wrote that song.

How is that a shot across the bow?

johndivney wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Oh sorry sad

That's terrible.

To be honest I'm not very familiar with Tommy outside of what he's done with GNR, one of those things I've been meaning to check out on my musical to do list - like get into his back catalogue and history and stuff.

that's paul westerberg who was the frontman of the replacements. there was talk some time round '02 maybe of a 'mats reunion & paulie played the axl-card (as a bit of a tongue in cheek comment that snowballed into the familiar axl being an asshole thing) & the rumour eventually was that axl didn't allow tommy the time off 2 go tour with paulie.

it was all a big load of crap & tommy has debunked the story. but yea, axl/gnr r an easy target for someone as sarcastic/witty as westerberg..

edit - it's all detailed in the chinese whispers section on here. unfortunately i can't remember the dates, or the finer details, off the top of my head..

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
johndivney wrote:

edit - it's all detailed in the chinese whispers section on here. unfortunately i can't remember the dates, or the finer details, off the top of my head..

This post in 2002 smile

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Stepvhen wrote:

This song kicks ass. Heading to Pirate Bay.....

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Stepvhen wrote:

This song kicks ass. Heading to Pirate Bay.....

This album is not on Pirate Bay. One of you Tommy fanatics need to hook a brotha up.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

What's wrong with songs just like that being released under the name "Guns N' Roses"?

Tommy is real deal rock n' roll. The cat has a Stones vibe a mile long...

Board footer