You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: RATT- Infestation

James wrote:

Ratt_Infestastion.jpg

"Eat Me Up Alive"- 4:13
"Best Of Me" - 4:19
"A Little Too Much"
"Look Out Below"
"Last Call"
"Lost Weekend"
"As Good As It Gets"
"Garden Of Eden"
"Take A Big Bite"
"Take Me Home"
"Don't Let Go"
"Scattered" (Japanese bonus track only)

------------------

This album just leaked. I do not have it so go check the torrents, blogs, newsgroups,etc. I know a few Evo members were interested in checking this out.

RATT was never my cup of tea although I did own a couple of those 80s records when I was a kid. Like Sonic Boom I may check this out for shits and giggles, but not a huge priority at the moment. Just downloaded the new MGMT album that leaked, so will give that a few spins before checking this out.

I do wish RATT luck with this album. 80s acts the equivalent of RATT have difficulties with releasing new music as not many are interested in the band in the 21st century. Apparently the single from this is getting decent airplay, so congrats to RATT.

The album will be released April 20th.

Video for the single....

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

This is getting more airplay than By The Sword in Chicago. What's that tell ya?

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

FUCK YES!

Ratt, one of my favorite bands, back with their first real Ratt album since Detonator.

Can't wait to hear this. Best of Me is a great song. 9

Ratt was actually my first rock band as a kid. You know the kind you follow. I moved on to Guns next.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

WOW. More dinosaurs that cant comprehend the 21st century. Apparently they don't want anyone talking about the new material since it leaked. A few RATT fans spanning many rock sites were excited for the first time in many years for this album, but now RATT wants to squander that tiny buzz.

Fuck em.

I hope every single person interested in this album downloads it from Pirate Bay and never buys it. I'm sick of this kind of shit.

Leaks ignite a buzz for your record you dipshits. Its why some artists leak material themselves.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

WOW. More dinosaurs that cant comprehend the 21st century. Apparently they don't want anyone talking about the new material since it leaked. A few RATT fans spanning many rock sites were excited for the first time in many years for this album, but now RATT wants to squander that tiny buzz.

Fuck em.

I hope every single person interested in this album downloads it from Pirate Bay and never buys it. I'm sick of this kind of shit.

Leaks ignite a buzz for your record you dipshits. Its why some artists leak material themselves.

I was actually just gonna wait. It ain't like CD just leaked.

But I do hear what you're saying. The Sebastian Bach way, as Russ stated, just goes to show how out of touch these vintage acts are.

But then again, if Ratt's going down for the count, everybody does. Axl slagged it, Baz slagged it, Ratt now, Metallica SUED, and so on across the span of music.

The only exception i've ever seen is country music. Country artists seem to totally embrace exposure of their music. Hell, it's nothing for country artists to have the personal numbers of radio DJ's and do impromptu interviews and free concerts, because they love pushing the product.

Rock music seems to take their music attitude into business. There's this BIG holier than thou attitude about the music.

In Ratt's defense, or discredit, however you see it, they might be squashing discussion, because THEY KNOW that "Best of Me" is the only good/catchy song off this album. They know the rest of the album is shit, and to protect sales, they want to bury discussion of it for the next month.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Just checked this out...

Basically it's exactly like Pearcy described, it sounds like something they'd of done after Out of the Cellar. This sounds like it was recorded in 1985/86. Definitely a throwback album. The guitar work is fantastic throughout this record.

Brief track review...

1. Eat Me Up Alive - a good Ratt rocker. Nothing too much, nothing too little. Does exactly what it should, and it's catchy. Sounds like something off of Out of the Cellar.

2. Best of Me - this of course is the single out there. Great ballad, one of the better tracks they've ever done. Probably the most multi-marketable track on the album. Sounds like a Detonator song.

3. A Little Too Much - Another catchy rocker. Very enjoyable. Sounds like a Dancing Undercover track.

4. Look Out Below - the instrumentals on this seem to have some Way Cool Jr.-isms. Seems a bit recycled. Lyrics are funny, and total cock rock. Not necessarily something to write home about, but likeable.

5. Last Call - forgettable. Not really horrible. Nothing stands out though.

6. Lost Weekend - total Out of the Cellar-type track. Straight foward, vintage-Ratt rocker. Reminds me of Lack of Communication.

7. As Good As It Gets - kind of reminds me of Van Hagar, but with Ratt instrumentals. Seems to target the obvious "middle age" of the band now. Lyrics promote "she's my lover, she's my friend" / "you don't even come close to that" / "you kinda like me, and I like that" / "i'm grinnin' like a chester cat" / "this is as good as it gets". It's a rocker, not a ballad though. Seems a bit tame tho. Not crazy about it. The riff of the song is really catchy tho.

8. Garden of Eden - a B-side rocker. Just kinda there. Lyrics are damn cliche. Even for Ratt's standards.

9. Take A Big Bite - at this point... the album is starting to mesh together. Meh.

10. Take Me Home - a big track held for the end of the album. This track is DAMN good, and one of the best ones on the album. Kind of a cross between rocker and ballad. This is vastly different from anything they've ever done. Sounds like Dream Theater synth with a Blues-influenced glam metal guitar, and Stephen Pearcy on vocals. I love it.

11. Don't Let Go - another great track. One of the better ones on the album. Another departure for Ratt. Sounds almost 2000's pop-punk influenced. But still definitely rooted in that vintage melodic rock sound. Another big track saved for the end of the album. Love it.

Well i'll definitely be getting this (if possible). Like with most albums, has a few great ones, a few okay ones, and a couple of misses. Once again i've gotta congratulate the guitar work in this. Very good job.

I'm a nutswinger for the often hated Detonator (1990) and blues-driven Ratt (1999). I thought those were well-rounded albums. And of course Out of the Cellar was a well-rounded album. And with those said, I would rack up Infestation as #4. Another well-rounded album.

If you enjoyed 80's sleaze glam, you'll like this album. Total throwback, and Ratt are vintage Ratt. Big hitters on the album, Eat Me Up Alive, Best of Me, A Little Too Much, Take Me Home & Don't Let Go.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Tried to buy this yesterday... store doesn't have it, and i'd have to drive over 100 miles to find a record store with it. And the music industry wants to know why illegal downloading is so big.

Tell Ratt I wanted to give them my money. Call me old fashioned, but I still like going into a store, grabbing an album, opening it, and cranking it on a stereo on the way home. iTunes just ain't the same, and never will be.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

If you enjoyed 80's sleaze glam, you'll like this album.

80's sleaze glam? This euphemistic language won't change what it is: hair metal. 16

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Ratt wasn't hair metal imo tho.

Poison is hair metal. Bon Jovi is hair metal. Ratt had too much of a sleazy presentation to be considered hair metal imo.

I think Faster Pussycat also falls under the 'sleaze glam' category.

Board footer