You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: GnREvolution Movie Madness II - Discussion and Results Thread

faldor wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Neemo wrote:

last battle of round 4....only 8 votes yesterday? sad

Only 8 votes. Huge upset for me in the process. Fight Club is in no way, shape or form as good as Goodfellas. Let alone better.

Yeah, I like "Fight Club", but come on.  I would call that a BIG upset.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

EIGHT votes?? 18 Were you people out celebrating my birthday yesterday and forgot to log in and vote? 16 Sunday is usually the low activity day for obvious reasons, but shocked a major battle in the tourney only had that many votes, regardless of who won.

Every person who voted for Fight Club probably did it because it was going to lose, yet it wound up winning.

Thank God that The Princess Bride isn't still in this thing....

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Agreed. Massive upset. No way in any universe is Fight Club a better film than Goodfellas, either in quality or memory.

Some voters were asleep at the wheel. Not that Fight Club is a bad film, but just no way comparable. That'd be like Smokey and The Bandit Part 3 beating out Back To The Future.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I really don't think Goodfellas is all that amazing. Great movie? Sure. But Fight Club is something that I enjoyed more first, provoked deeper thought and memory, and that I would rather watch again now.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

And Back To The Future hit me more than Empire Strikes Back. Frankly all of the Star Wars movies are overrated.

But Goodfellas was a cultural landmark, and raved across the board. It'll have and has had more staying power than Fight Club.

Star Wars will outlive Back To The Future

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I gotta watch The Departed again. It's been awhile, but I remember it being damn good. I ain't seen it since it came out.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Godfather II deserved to win this thing, no offense to our Batman fan club here.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer