You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: GnREvolution Movie Madness II - Round 1, Battle 13

Neemo wrote:

Round 1, Battle 13 (2000's Bracket)

movie_madness_banner.jpg

The movie with the most votes will move on to "Round 2". You have one day ... Vote!

The Departed (2006)

vs.

Blow (2001)

------------------------------------------------------
Note: Please uses the discussion and results thread to talk about the battles, results and general discussion about this GnREvolution Movie Madness II Tourney, just use the voting threads to place your votes.
Disclaimer: Do not forget to actually place your vote using the poll system. If you do not vote in the the poll then your vote will not count.
Tie Breaker Rule: I do not typically vote in the battles, as such if there is a tie at the end of the prescribed 1 day voting period then my vote will count only then to serve as the tiebreaker.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

paul_reubens_blow_001.jpg

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Another tough matchup.  I think "The Departed" is a GREAT movie, but I'm going with "Blow".

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

The Departed

dr_love6977
 Rep: 38 

dr_love6977 wrote:

I love Blow, but I gotta go with the Departed. I honestly think my I only gripe with the movie is Nicholson. Now before everyone jumps down my throat (like every time I say this,) I'm not saying he was bad in it, I'm just saying he didn't really fit. You have Damon, DiCaprio, Wahlberg, and even Sheen all adopting these Boston accents, making it authentic. Then you have Nicholson, who just plays Nicholson, like he does in every movie.

Stacey
 Rep: 31 

Stacey wrote:

The Departed for sure.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Blow is my choice.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Pretty cool matchup, but I'm going with The Departed. One of my faves of the 2000's. Dr Love makes a good point, wish Nicholson played a tough Irishman instead of Jack Nicholson. Still good though.

Blow was good too. My favorite scene was when Depp & his dad (Ray Liotta) were talking & Depp tried to bullshit his dad about some side business he was doing, construction or something. And it was going real well. Ray Liotta says something like "Oh stop it. I know what you're doing... and heck. I'm proud of you. Wish you did something else with your life, but I'm proud of you."

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Johnny Depp was really great in "Blow".  He made people sympathize with his character, which was quite a tall order because George Jung deserved NO sympathy.

Board footer