You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: John Frusciante Voted Greatest Guitarist, Slash is second

monkeychow wrote:

I find this result surprising

For technical ability he is not even on the same planet as the gest guys out there, dudes like Paul Gilbert, Steve Vai and of course the bumble/bucket type dudes.

Then for songwriting, melodies and so on, well, I'd rank slash ahead, and I think there's a host of other names that are strangely absent from this list who also rank higher.

Which isn't to insult Frusciante, I enjoy his work, and he's clearly a gifted and talanet player and musician, he just isn't who comes to my mind when asked for the best guitarist in the entire world.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Other than Sentimental Lady, pre Buckingham/Nicks Fleetwood Mac is terrible. I have a GH of that Green era shit on my pc and its virtually noise pollution. Why its not in my recycle bin is a mystery.

I love You Make Loving Fun, but Christine wrote that. Second Hand News, Never Going Back Again, and The Chain my favorite songs from it, and he wrote those.

Gold Dust Woman is incredible as well but that's a Stevie Nicks song.

His solo song Trouble is amazing.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
Gong wrote:

Call me when Bumblefoot writes something this beautiful.

John may have played that beautifully in the studio, but he is one of the worst live guitar players I've ever heard.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

That list fucking awful. Most of those guys shouldn't even been in the Top-50, and there are countless better guitarists than those guys, Slash included.

It's about public perception not some objective truth. The list clearly proves what some people try to deny here, that Slash was a vital and irreplacable part of Guns N' Roses. He is a legend.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

That list fucking awful. Most of those guys shouldn't even been in the Top-50, and there are countless better guitarists than those guys, Slash included.

It's about public perception not some objective truth. The list clearly proves what some people try to deny here, that Slash was a vital and irreplacable part of Guns N' Roses. He is a legend.

There is no objective truth in what you just posted either.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

That's what I'm talking about. It's a FACT that the British music fans think that Slash is a guitar legend, but for you and some others even FACTS are a matter of debate. Pathetitc.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

People's opinions can always be debated. That's not pathetic, it's called a discussion.

The FACT is a few British folks think Frusciante is the best ever. That's their OPINION. Is he or Slash a legend because of that? That's where even more opinions are made.

I got no problem with the list, but saying we can't discuss it is pathetic in itself.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:

People's opinions can always be debated. That's not pathetic, it's called a discussion.

Here's mine, John Fruiscante is no more or less an artist than the next guy.

I see a lot of people in here making a point of the this "British" poll as though the nationality proves their lack of knowledge in these things.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:

Legend: An unverified story handed down from earlier times, especially one popularly believed to be historical. A romanticized or popularized myth of modern times.

Legend: One that inspires legends or achieves legendary fame.

Slash and Fruiscante fall into the above category

Board footer