You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Re: SG To Play First Show April 16th at the Showbox

Saikin wrote:

THEREALME has posted the following: FINAL ANSWER: CONFIRMED LAST NIGHT AT THE BRAD SHOW...SOUNDGARDEN WIL BE PLAYING THE SHOWBOX TOMORROW NIGHT APRIL 16, 2010.

No one has any idea how or when tickets will be available so your guess is as good as mine. I wish I could say more but this is all I know.

Will be interesting to see if it's true...

http://www.soundgardenworld.com/forum/700

---------------------------------------------------

I am going to try my hardest to get there.

Saikin

Saikin wrote:

Newly reunited Soundgarden will play its first show since 1997 on Friday (April 16) at the Showbox at the Market in its Seattle hometown, Billboard.com has learned. It is unknown if the event is private or will be open to the public.

Vocalist Chris Cornell, guitarist Kim Thayil, bassist Ben Shepherd and drummer Matt Cameron have been rehearsing in Seattle in recent weeks as a precursor to their first confirmed reunion performance at Lollapalooza in Chicago in early August.

No other dates have been announced for Soundgarden, who split up after headlining Lollapalooza in 1996 but confirmed a reunion on January 1. The group is expected to plan activity around Cameron's previously confirmed schedule with Pearl Jam, which includes short North American and European tours through July.

There's no word yet if the band is planning to record new material. But on Saturday as part of National Record Store Day, Soundgarden will re-release its first 7-inch vinyl single, "Hunted Down" b/w "Nothing To Say," which originally came out in 1987 on Sun Pop.

here's the link: http://www.billboard.com/events/reunite … 3608.story

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Fuck me sideways with a chainsaw. It's finally happening. I REALLY hope Soundgarden take a 21st century approach to this and we get HQ footage of it on their website.

I'd sell my soul to the devil to be at this show. I don't even give a fuck about the setlist at this point. Just bring it on.

Sounds like we're possibly gonna get a fall tour, which is when M.I.A. will be touring here as well. It's shaping up to be a great year.

I hope new music was being worked on during these rehearsals. I don't expect new songs to be performed, but it would be a sign of manna being dropped from heaven in the near future.

Saikin

Saikin wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Fuck me sideways with a chainsaw. It's finally happening. I REALLY hope Soundgarden take a 21st century approach to this and we get HQ footage of it on their website.

I'd sell my soul to the devil to be at this show. I don't even give a fuck about the setlist at this point. Just bring it on.

Sounds like we're possibly gonna get a fall tour, which is when M.I.A. will be touring here as well. It's shaping up to be a great year.

I hope new music was being worked on during these rehearsals. I don't expect new songs to be performed, but it would be a sign of manna being dropped from heaven in the near future.

James, I would go to extreme measures to get into that show.  Seeing as how it is a private event though, it's obviously for marketing reasons.  Which is fine, because they have a LONG time between now and Lolla.  16

There are many reports that the whole show is being filmed. 

I can't fucking wait. 

I almost want to go to Seattle and stand outside the Showbox and listen all fucking night.  9

Guaranteed, I WILL be at one of these Seattle shows.

James

James wrote:

Its not really that shocking its a private event. Like I mentioned before, all sorts of things can go wrong at their first show and they probably don't want a general audience to witness the train wreck as it happens.

If I lived in Seattle, I would hang outside the event as well.

If its being filmed and released, I'm GLAD its a private event. They'll throw in some deep cuts in that atmosphere.

I wish Ben and Kim would join Twitter or something. I hate how these two guys shy away from fan interaction, but I certainly respect the decision.

Saikin

Saikin wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Its not really that shocking its a private event. Like I mentioned before, all sorts of things can go wrong at their first show and they probably don't want a general audience to witness the train wreck as it happens.

If I lived in Seattle, I would hang outside the event as well.

If its being filmed and released, I'm GLAD its a private event. They'll throw in some deep cuts in that atmosphere.

I wish Ben and Kim would join Twitter or something. I hate how these two guys shy away from fan interaction, but I certainly respect the decision.

I hope they pull out some deep cuts.  My wish would be to see them do Overfloater... as I'm sure yours probably is as well. 

The problem is, I don't live in Seattle, but can drive there.  It's quite the long drive though.

Saikin

Saikin wrote:

Now I'm getting pissed...

So the secret @Soundgarden show is no longer secret. On sale tomorrow at 10am. This'll be a goodun. Sign up now. www.soundgardenworld.com

James

James wrote:

They should have gave more advance notice. A day to buy tickets?? They could play in my backyard and I'd have difficulty making it in that time frame.

That will sell out in like 5 seconds. Everyone in Seattle will want to be at the show because it's the first.

Just announce a real tour soon so us normal folks can buy tickets.

Saikin

Saikin wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

They should have gave more advance notice. A day to buy tickets?? They could play in my backyard and I'd have difficulty making it in that time frame.

That will sell out in like 5 seconds. Everyone in Seattle will want to be at the show because it's the first.

Just announce a real tour soon so us normal folks can buy tickets.

I've signed up on everything I can possibly think of.  16

If tickets go on sale online there's a good chance I'm driving to Seattle today.

Saikin

Saikin wrote:

Ticketmaster now has NUDEDRAGONS listed to play the Showbox tonight.  Tickets will go on sale soon.  $35 a piece.  Limit 2 per household.  The show is 21+.

I'm going to try my absolute hardest to get there.

Board footer