You are not logged in. Please register or login.

2008 Intentions
 Rep: 6 

Re: Rumors building up regarding CDII release date...

Same bat time, Same bat Channel.

New Album will be ready in 2020

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
misterID wrote:
madagas wrote:

what are you talking about? We got DJ Sixx.....if I see one more picture of this guy, my head will explode....right after I throw my computer off the top of my house.

I'll really be surprised if he makes it a year in GNR.

All kidding aside, are you for real?

I mean it is an interesting theory just for bullshitting sake. I know everyone just loves him that went out to the shows, but i've seen tons of videos of the guy, audio boots, all kinds of shit, and i'm not impressed at all. In all honesty, if anyone made me actually miss Robin Finck, it's DJ.

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Brett wrote:

DJ is the shit, Robin is shit.

If there's one guy that sucked in the new band's history, it was Robin. The man destroyed everything he touched. He must have sold his soul to be able to write Better.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

...In all honesty, if anyone made me actually miss Robin Finck, it's DJ.

just wanted to quote this to make sure it's real. I'm glad that DJ has at least made one person appreciate Robin more. 9

Make that two.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I know I bagged on Robin quite a bit, but DJ somehow is worse. I don't know if it's just having trouble with covering someone else's material, and maybe he does better with his own stuff, but he butchers quite a bit of stuff, and even when he's not butchering, he's just barely making it out of the song.

Not to get all geeky, but if life was Guitar Hero, DJ would just be teetering about slightly above the red and boo's right there at the bottom yellow line.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I'll have to see some more recent vids to make an assessment baised on what you guys are saying. The boots I saw from the tokyo stuff seemed like DJ was doing a good job and finding that balance between Robin and Slash....I know the first TIL attempt was a little strange but the rest was pretty good stuff from memory....what's the problem exactly? Not to bag on robin but in terms of deviating from the original material it's hard to imagine him being worse (although some on here find robin's changes to be an improvment) - but what is the issue exactly? Wrong notes? Bad phrasing? I just struggle to see what the problem is from what i saw in the tokyo boots. But maybe i was excited to see the band and should take abother look.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:

People are trading the studio version of Dj Ashba's "Ballad of Death."

I wonder who plays on the track besides Dj.

No, I don't have it.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

DJ is incredible ... you Saikin, Axlin08 and Russtcb .... you guys are nuts, but to each his own 19

DJ's ballad of death, is it on one of his other albums? or is it supposed to be a gnr studio version? love to get my hands on it in anycase, it rocks

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer