You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: SLASH Says New VELVET REVOLVER Material Is ‘A Lot Heavier’

Axlin16 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

As far as a "band" goes, I think Slash's "Band" sounds a lot better live than new GNR.  Current GNR live seems a lot more "sloppy" if you ask me.

Not in any world, any universe, or any alternate dimension.

Slash in the only one in that band with any real talent, and even he's seen his better days.

But i'll graciously bow out of this thread, as to not upset the VR fans. You guys love your band, and you're entitled to your opinion and your optimism.

Success or no success, I think a third VR album is about as likely as a reunion Guns N' Roses album.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Axlin08, 2000-2004 you may be correct, but with no bucket, and a sloppy DJ Ashba, as well as shitty guitar tones. Yes, to my ears, Slash's bands has more energy, Slash sounds tighter now than DJ or Finck, and the over all tone is better.  Only think NOT better is the singers.  Axl still ownes.

The ONLY tight thing in GNR is Bumblefoot.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
mickronson wrote:
faldor wrote:
mickronson wrote:

All it needs to be is more like Snakepit #1.  The fact it wont have that prick weiland on it is a win.  And Duff might be in JA, but that doesnt mean he`s tied down to anything and he can certainly be in more than 1 band..easily.

True, but he can't tour with 2 bands at once and plans are for Janes Addiction to tour right?  I would expect if VR were to reconvene they'd want to wrap up an album and tour it as well.  Therein would lie the problem.

And I quite like Scott Weiland, but it's obvious that wasn't a good fit.  I'll certainly give them another shot, whoever they decide on as lead man.  Myles, or whoever it may be.

Unless JA tour 365 days of the year I dont see a problem.. And if it really came down to it the VR paycheck would be important...

It all depends how long Janes Addiction wants to tour for.  If it's only for a few months than I guess it wouldn't be a problem.  But if you're suggesting that Duff could tour with both bands simultaneously, that's asking a lot.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Axlin08, 2000-2004 you may be correct, but with no bucket, and a sloppy DJ Ashba, as well as shitty guitar tones. Yes, to my ears, Slash's bands has more energy, Slash sounds tighter now than DJ or Finck, and the over all tone is better.  Only think NOT better is the singers.  Axl still ownes.

The ONLY tight thing in GNR is Bumblefoot.

I haven't heard many, if any, people being overly critical of DJ after seeing him live firsthand.  Maybe his worth just doesn't translate well over a few youtube clips, which isn't always the best barometer to rate such things.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

The only people i've heard baggin on DJ are people who haven't attended the shows. Everyone that's attended, gives the guy high remarks.

As for the "only" thing tight in GN'R. Something tells me Slash's band doesn't have BBF, Tommy Stinson on bass, Mr. Dizzy Reed on keys, and despite what the Brainiacs tell you, Frank Ferrer is the best GN'R drummer since Popcorn.

There's plenty of 'tightness' in 2010 Guns. They're still a stadium-quality band. Slash is doing clubs with a club band. No comparison. The Ramones will never be The Rolling fucking Stones. Just the way it is.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

The only people i've heard baggin on DJ are people who haven't attended the shows. Everyone that's attended, gives the guy high remarks.

As for the "only" thing tight in GN'R. Something tells me Slash's band doesn't have BBF, Tommy Stinson on bass, Mr. Dizzy Reed on keys, and despite what the Brainiacs tell you, Frank Ferrer is the best GN'R drummer since Popcorn.

There's plenty of 'tightness' in 2010 Guns. They're still a stadium-quality band. Slash is doing clubs with a club band. No comparison. The Ramones will never be The Rolling fucking Stones. Just the way it is.

Ummm, I am one of the biggest stones fans ever, but nobody should ever call the stones "tight" especially without mick taylor.  GNR always had a looseness about them, I kind of liked their fly by the seat of their pants style.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Listened to "There Was a Time", if Slash ever got back in GNR, I think that is a new GNR song he wouldn't have any issue with, and no I am not bullshitting.  The Blues, Sorry, This I Love, If the World, and Catcher in the Rye are all in his range of ability and really the only ones I would really want to see live with Slash anyway if he were even asked to play those tunes.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
faldor wrote:

It all depends how long Janes Addiction wants to tour for.  If it's only for a few months than I guess it wouldn't be a problem.  But if you're suggesting that Duff could tour with both bands simultaneously, that's asking a lot.

Janes Addiction are more washed up than the Bay City Rollers. If Slash calls, Duff will drop them like a ton of bricks in three shakes of a lamb's tail.

JA just gives him something to do between Loaded and VR.

nobody should ever call the stones "tight" especially without mick taylor.

Oh, you're one of THOSE people. 16

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

hahaah, the stones were sloppy as hell and i love them for it.  If I wanted to see a band of high precision, I would go see dream theatre.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

I agree, I dont think the CD songs for the most part translate real well. they sound kind of mechanical and too electronic. just listen to like Shacklers and songs like that. they are just terrible live.

Plus Axl is on key maybe 75 percent of the time. not hating, just being honest.

I feel more energy seeing Slash do Nightrain and PC than current GNR. not tryin to argue or change anyone's opinion thats just me.

Board footer