You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: SLASH Says New VELVET REVOLVER Material Is ‘A Lot Heavier’

monkeychow wrote:

^ yeah now that's something we agree on.

I think the older they get the more everyone just wants GNR.

And that's comming from me, who's a big fan of VR and also new GNR. But the general public, they take those as second best.

If VR reformed with Myles or some kind of Axl clone that was half listenable and wrote some very GNR sounding tracks and pumped up the setlist with a lot of old guns (and not just the easy tracks like brownstone) then yeah....I think people would pay attention.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

definately interested in hearing anything that slash comes up with with orig gnr members

Watch this, Ghost and Baby cant drive all have flashes of what made AFD so awesome...itd be cool to see something cowritten with gilby at somepoint as well...i really beleive that Gilby and Slash had some chemistry ... monkeychow's namesake is a good example smile

but if VR gets back together and izzy is in the writing credts then thats gonna be fucking cool 9

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

If they can land Myles, and let him write his own lyrics in his style, fuck yes, there will be a demand.  Nobody will say VR part 3, it may be called VR, but the excitement of a new singer will be huge vs. if they still had weiland.

Good luck.  Alter Bridge 3 is coming out later this year.  The whole album is written and just has to be mixed and mastered.  When that gets released Myles will be back with them touring and promoting it.

Sky Dog wrote:
Neemo wrote:

definately interested in hearing anything that slash comes up with with orig gnr members

Watch this, Ghost and Baby cant drive all have flashes of what made AFD so awesome...itd be cool to see something cowritten with gilby at somepoint as well...i really beleive that Gilby and Slash had some chemistry ... monkeychow's namesake is a good example smile

but if VR gets back together and izzy is in the writing credts then thats gonna be fucking cool 9

Izzy could be the Paul Tobias of VR...THERE WOULD BE NO VELVET REVOLVER WITHOUT IZZY!:haha:

dr_love6977
 Rep: 38 

dr_love6977 wrote:

When Libertad came out, wasn't Slash saying that he found all of the gain and distortion unnecessary? Now it's going back to heavy?

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

IMO it can be argued that Bumble and Myles are pretty much the same

both virtuoso technical out of this world ability but neither have that "IT" thing that makes them really amazing.

Bumble is a great technical wizard but i can't honestly say i like anything he has written. His Rhiad and CD the song contributions are pretty awesome but his Catcher thing is just disastrous.

Myles has an incredible voice but can be a little robotic and technical. Its growing on me but i can understand why someone with such an instrument never really "made it"

technical ability really is only a minute part of what makes someone great.

u take Axl and Slash.. live both can be sloppy, hit a wrong pitch here and there but they have that incredible ungodly feel that just hits u every place in ur body that can be hit.
thats the difference in a great musician and an icon.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Axl and Slash are both Icons...

Plant/Page
Bon Scott/Angus Young
Daultry/Townsend
Mercury/May
Tyler/Perry
Jagger/Richards
Rose/Slash

They are up there with the best of them.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

And once again that creates an interesting dynamic. Because Izzy's recorded and performed with both VR & new GN'R.

We've still yet to hear that Down By The Ocean that Axl teased. And there might be more.

Izzy was always the key, and remains so now. Slash + Izzy = instrumental brilliance. Axl + Izzy = melodic brilliance. Axl + Slash + Izzy x Duff = Guns N' Fuckin' Roses.

The best track on Slash's solo album is Ghost... how ironic - the Izzy track.

-D- wrote:

IMO it can be argued that Bumble and Myles are pretty much the same

both virtuoso technical out of this world ability but neither have that "IT" thing that makes them really amazing.

Bumble is a great technical wizard but i can't honestly say i like anything he has written. His Rhiad and CD the song contributions are pretty awesome but his Catcher thing is just disastrous.

Myles has an incredible voice but can be a little robotic and technical. Its growing on me but i can understand why someone with such an instrument never really "made it"

technical ability really is only a minute part of what makes someone great.

u take Axl and Slash.. live both can be sloppy, hit a wrong pitch here and there but they have that incredible ungodly feel that just hits u every place in ur body that can be hit.
thats the difference in a great musician and an icon.

Interesting take. Definitely agree. I've said for awhile that Ron is Gilby Clarke 2000. Great personality, great with the fans, loves Guns N' Roses, great ambassador, BUT... Gilby wasn't Izzy. And Ron ain't Bucket.

I've been impressed with Ron's ability to challenge to duplicate Bucket's material. But i've been mixed on what Ron brings to the old GN'R songs. It just doesn't wow me. Unlike Bucket, who despite his prog-metal background, came in and gave songs like Jungle, Nightrain, PC, November Rain and You Could Be Mine a whole new dimension. Ron doesn't add that dimension, nor is able to reduplicate Slash's take. Double whammy.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

absolutely agree 100 percent

I said it then, ill say it now, i felt Bucket was the only one who could really replace Slash.

what u got was an uneven album with Bucket's brilliance surrounded by mediocrity and it stands out like a 3rd nipple.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Trust me, right now i'm working my way through these Mogg's and turning Bucket's stuff way up, and drowing out the other stuff.

Board footer