You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

Re: GNR remix album

slcpunk wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

MisterID, I thought the "If the world/slither" mashup was badass!

Me too, I thought it was awesome.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
misterID wrote:

I'd like that Buckethead Shackler's Revenge mix 16

Reading Apex-Twin's post above sounds like you could get it 14

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
war wrote:
faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

If nobody liked it the first time, it's unlikely they are even going to give a remix album a chance regardless of how good it is.

Agreed.  And along the lines of what I was saying in the other thread.  If people, including you Buzz, didn't like the songs the way they were it's doubtful they're going to like any remix versions.  If you thought Chinese Democracy was an album for the fans, you ain't seen nothing yet.  Again, IF the album were to ever come out, which I have my doubts.

it's not that they won't like it  - it's that they won't hear it. a remix of an original cd, half way or all the way past it's tour and promo, is not gonna get any attention from ayone other than us no matter how good it is. unless they have a huge single to add to it. that could change everything fi they act soon enough.

That was my point exactly.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Well yeah, in a way they never heard it the first time around anyway.  People who wanted to hear it, did.  But those who weren't interested didn't bother hunting it down and obviously it wasn't shoved down their throats on radio or through live performances by the band.  Obviously a remix album would be for the fans only, and for that matter wouldn't sell nearly as well as the original did.

I got to thinking today.  So if Brain really has completed 3 CD songs, and we first heard aboiut this shortly after the album was released in 2008.  That's 3 songs finished in nearly 2 years.  So by this pace, the album should be wrapped up by 2018.  Sounds about right.

Also, good stuff there apex-twin

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
faldor wrote:

I got to thinking today.  So if Brain really has completed 3 CD songs, and we first heard aboiut this shortly after the album was released in 2008.  That's 3 songs finished in nearly 2 years.  So by this pace, the album should be wrapped up by 2018.  Sounds about right.

I was thinking something similar, why doesn't anything ever come out in a timely manner?  Axl seems to sit on and hatch everything until it reaches a point where the sound is dated, or the musicians on it have left and so it needs to be retweaked and re-recorded etc.  So you end up with an overproduced mess.

Anyhow, not saying it's the case with this and maybe he has even shelved the idea - who knows.  But it certainly has a familiar sounding modus operandi.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

At the time, Axl sounded a bit like he had no idea.

What is Brains status?

I think he's doing alright.

[He's remixing Shackler, to be precise.]

Maybe I should check. - Axl chat, December '08

Is Brain in the band?

Last I checked. Brain works on several things with Guns either from his home or in the studio. - Spinner, 02/27/09

[You finally heard the club mix, huh?]

I just did a remix of 'Shackler'™s,"  made it kind of more club. And I think he wants to put out a remix album of some of the other songs we did. - Brain, Modern Drummer 05/09

[Three songs by Brain so far.]

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
war wrote:
faldor wrote:

Agreed.  And along the lines of what I was saying in the other thread.  If people, including you Buzz, didn't like the songs the way they were it's doubtful they're going to like any remix versions.  If you thought Chinese Democracy was an album for the fans, you ain't seen nothing yet.  Again, IF the album were to ever come out, which I have my doubts.

it's not that they won't like it  - it's that they won't hear it. a remix of an original cd, half way or all the way past it's tour and promo, is not gonna get any attention from ayone other than us no matter how good it is. unless they have a huge single to add to it. that could change everything fi they act soon enough.

That was my point exactly.

Some fans seem to be a bit too occupied with the idea of GNR once again being on the very top of the music-industry.

Must admit I once had that dream... When you love something, you want it to succeed.

Much of the CD material have that potential, there is no doubt about that! But history has shown that Axl doesn't seem to want to "play the game"... I mean, there must be offers coming in to the GNR-camp daily. Offers that could easily be exploited to reach a wider audience.
It just may be that Axl is satisfied with level they are at now.

Pesonally I have come to accept that I will, for the foreseeable future, have GNR/ChiDem as my own private little masterpiece.
smile

Fans of the old-GNR/Slash or fans that are very dissapointed by the lack of effort by Axl, use the status quo to justify their agenda (or at least they try to...). It shines through their posts. We see them all the time on every board, including this one. It's very transparent...
roll

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Calling a spade a spade isn't an agenda. Its calling a spade a spade. I get the overall point regarding negativity but even fans who have been positive for years are now becoming experts at spade calling. Its hard to be a passionate fan when the band you love just isn't very active. I may bitch about this crap from time to time, but if/when Axl releases something, I'm right there immediately to buy it. Been doing that since I was 12 and wont be stopping anytime soon.

The "old school" fans have reasons to bitch. Hell, last night I watched those Making Fucking videos tapes and was immediately reminded of how cool this guy was and how he had so much to offer only to twiddle his thumbs for almost twenty years after those tapes were released. It was surreal watching that for the first time in years knowing what was to come in hindsight.

I thought it was cool how he was blown away by filming those and his excitement seemed so genuine. He even floated the idea of possibly doing a feature length film. Obviously it never happened.

Del gets a LOT of shit on these forums(and sometimes from me as well), but I thought he added a lot of insight to those videos.

According to info from Apex Twin, this is the same Shackler crap we heard about 2 years ago so we're basically back where we started.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

"Agenda"

Any GN'R fan, who thinks other GN'R fans have an "agenda" because they're disappointed in Axl's poor decision making, seriously need to get laid.

I didn't know Axl Rose turned into Glenn Beck.

Board footer