You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: what does Axl/GNR have to, to regain your interest 100%

-D- wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Bigbri nailed it.. Nice attempt D, but we all know where this will go...  Of course Russ will disagree, but other than Russ, its Reunite or bust. 

If Slash's solo band wasn't so kick ass, the reunion thing wouldn't be as big right now, but they do kick ass, and that mashup of Slither and If the World only make us want to hear Slash and Axl even more...

I think almost everybody wants a reunion, but there have been so many versions of this band at this point, could we even come to a majority agreement on which lineup?  If we put up a poll for every lineup of the band and you could only vote for one, would any lineup get 50%?  AFD, UYI I (Izzy and Matt), UYI II (Gilby and Matt), and how many different CD versions.  And there's always the one or two crazy people voting for poor Ole.

Honestly, I'd bet AFD lineup would get 60 percent easy.. maybe 70.

Sky Dog wrote:

New music with Slash,Izzy, or Bucket involved. I don't care who the bass player is because both are top shelf. As for the drummer, I would want Brain involved in the recording and writing. I am not sure I will ever be 100% back on due to a lot of things....too many missed opportunities and too much time has passed. Plus, I saw the real deal 7 times in the early 90's. You can't replicate that 20 years later.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
-D- wrote:

Honestly, I'd bet AFD lineup would get 99.9 percent easy..

Fixed that for ya. While people would settle for a UYI lineup, AFD is the big enchilada.

We definitely got another reunion thread in our midst. Expect this to go off topic very soon. CD related topics evolve into reunion talk while reunion threads become a smorgasbord of other shit.

Hell, at this point I'm willing to have a debate on gas station sandwiches.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
madagas wrote:

I am not sure I will ever be 100% back on due to a lot of things....too many missed opportunities and too much time has passed.

While I would like another album, that is pretty much my feelings in a nutshell. My days of being a vocal cheerleader for any lineup are long gone.The overplayed saga just sucked the life out of everything for many reasons.

Blows my mind that any teens ever followed this mess. There was never any band to follow and they never got an actual identity. Fuck, its 2010 and we still haven't seen an official band photo that doesn't have Slash in it.

I guess those whippersnappers were just cruising for a bruising...

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Actually I won't say reunion.

New & steady released albums, and regular activity are plenty enough for me.

If that's not possible, then yes - reunite and play the hits.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Madagas has a good point.  I think the ship has sailed on Gnr. Both old & new.  If they reunited asap, & released an album next year, that might work. But let's be real, ain't hapening.

My interest is about 25% now. Really could care much less. As Axlin08 said, a quickly released consistent album within a year or so I might be interested in, and bring my interest up to 50% but a 3-5 year delay & I'm pretty sure I won't even care enough to buy it.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

what do you consider 100% interest? any new news about GnR i read it, any new releases i own it

i still would like an article in guitar world or soemthing, that would be cool...maybe an official interview with Axl somewhere (RS, Revolver) but not something gay like GQ 16

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Madagas has a good point.  I think the ship has sailed on Gnr. Both old & new.  If they reunited asap, & released an album next year, that might work. But let's be real, ain't hapening.

My interest is about 25% now. Really could care much less. As Axlin08 said, a quickly released consistent album within a year or so I might be interested in, and bring my interest up to 50% but a 3-5 year delay & I'm pretty sure I won't even care enough to buy it.

Yeah, I'm of the belief that a reunion wouldn't be as big a deal as some make it out to be.  The problem is, the fanbase is just too far divided at this point.  There's a lot of hatred for Slash and Axl on both sides of the fence.  People have their favorite "other" guitarist and hatred for others.  Same with the drummers.  I'd like to think that the Slash/Axl haters would ease up IF a reunion took place, but I'm not sold on that.

Plus, it's obvious it ain't happening.  So I'm just hoping for the best, which would be the current lineup continuing to tour and hopefully releasing more material, eventually material they can call their own.  I'd also love to see them hit the promotion trail but I just can't see that happening.  Axl seems disinterested at best and nobody really cares about the other guys on a global scale.  So while I'd love to see that kind of stuff, I'd settle for them staying active instead going into hiding for years at a time like they've done in the past.  I'd also love if Axl truly embraced the fact that "Guns N' Roses is all those who had a hand in making Chinese Democracy", or however he put it in his chats.  It'd be awesome if Robin, Bucket, Brain, etc. made a couple surprise live appearances with the band.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Faldor i dont know why u underestimate a GNR reunion

Look at what Motley and VH did.... I think GNR would be bigger than both of those reunions.

100 percent means u read the news, follow the shows, watch Youtube vids of everyshow and are happy with the direction and the band in general.

I watched Youtube vids of a few shows but i couldn't even tell u when or where their last show took place. I just have zero interest as i get bored seeing them on Youtube. I enjoy seeing Slash and Myles more than i do gnr.

I am very interested in a new album and hopefully it will be a straight ahead awesome rock album. CD doesn't translate well live IMO.. sounds too electronic and not organic. plus Axl struggles singing the new material live and it sounds like a trainwreck imo.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I have noticed that the people downplaying what a reunion would do aren't at all interested in it and the ones that think it will be huge aren't really interested in what's going on now.  Not saying either is right or wrong, but the lines seem to be pretty solidly drawn in those camps.

Board footer