You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: what does Axl/GNR have to, to regain your interest 100%

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

That goes for Patience too.

The version from the AMA's was off the chain, Slash's drunken solo was epic...

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

I can't understand how he got so much power in the band

I am no Floyd expert by any means but that always puzzled me as well. It's pretty much the equivalent of Gilby walking into GNR and taking over the band.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
misterID wrote:

I am no Floyd expert by any means but that always puzzled me as well. It's pretty much the equivalent of Gilby walking into GNR and taking over the band.

I don't know the history, but Gilmore was a badass guitar player and great singer..

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

For a UYI show I don't think you can go past the energy of this performance, no wonder it ended in a riot (St Louis).  Axl was spitting venom as he sang the first song Perfect Crime.  Seems like something really set him off, he looked mega wound up!

I would love to see some kickass passion and energy like that again!

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

MisterID and Russ's favorite version of Patience

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
misterID wrote:

I don't know the history, but Gilmore was a badass guitar player and great singer..

That pretty much says it. Gilby didn't bring anything to the table in GN'R to warrant such a move, so comparing him to Gilmour is a bit questionable.

Despite not being an original member of Floyd, Gilmour found a way, shockingly, to basically become THE voice of the band. I don't even think of Roger Waters in terms of vocals, when I think of Pink Floyd. It's always Gilmour.

I do think Waters is just as much apart of the band as Gilmour, i'm not even gonna dare to go there, Gilmour is one of those rare cases where a replacement player comes in and redefines the band's legacy.

Probably a more proper example would be Sammy Hagar walking in and taking over Van Halen.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Axlin08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

That pretty much says it. Gilby didn't bring anything to the table in GN'R to warrant such a move, so comparing him to Gilmour is a bit questionable.

Despite not being an original member of Floyd, Gilmour found a way, shockingly, to basically become THE voice of the band. I don't even think of Roger Waters in terms of vocals, when I think of Pink Floyd. It's always Gilmour.

I do think Waters is just as much apart of the band as Gilmour, i'm not even gonna dare to go there, Gilmour is one of those rare cases where a replacement player comes in and redefines the band's legacy.

Probably a more proper example would be Sammy Hagar walking in and taking over Van Halen.

Or Buckethead walking in and taking over GN'R. 16

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

People actually a fave version of Patience?

U will never see that Perfect Crime passion. Axl ain't 28 any more. People are different when they're younger.

And again, I have to say that his voice on that Patience performance is way better than that 'shot to hell' voice in Perfect Crime. He's actually singing. In PC he's just screaming. It's cool, but it's not his voice and it's not singing.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:

Waters ran Floyd...no doubt. Didn't know that about the Wall and Pro's and Con's...

Board footer