You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: what does Axl/GNR have to, to regain your interest 100%

James wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

If GNR reunited, it would be as big as Led Zeppelin reuniting for that one show, it would probably the biggest tour ever.  I am not delusional, but people would come out of the woodwork to see that show.  THE REAL GUNS carry a lot of weight.

Bigger than record breaking tours from U2, the Stones, and AC/DC? Not in this universe. No way in hell does a GNR tour gross 500-600 million.

I will agree that the overseas leg of the tour would do great business, but they're not gonna sellout all arenas here and U.S. stadiums are definitely out of the question, and to pull off record breaking numbers, U.S. stadiums have to be part of the tour.

Axl doesn't need  the old lineup to do well overseas.

AtariLegend wrote:

More Tobias!

Ban the Slash!!!

A reunion would be cool, but I'd settle for a new album from this line up. I don't care as much as I used to, I have other music that I enjoy that sounds 100% better than Chinese Democracy, like I have always said, Chinese Democracy is a good album, just not a good GN'R album.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

A Guns N' Roses reunion would be huge - HUGE. But NOT Led Zeppelin huge. Not Stones big, nothing like that.

It would be big on a Guns-level. It would take them back to Use Your Illusion-era, 1991-92 status, stadiums in the U.S., big contracts, big deals, bigger than a Van Halen reunion.

But their overseas attendence wouldn't change much. They can already do stadiums internationally with Axl alone. The only thing that would change is Guns would go back to doing 2-3 shows per big city. They would probably do better than even Metallica for a little while, but it would fade to an even-level.

A new "old" album... triple plat. Not much more. And that's WITH promo.

imho

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:

any decent normal band behavior would do.

1. reunion?

i'd like it because i did not have the chance to see them back in the day because i was too young.

i don't think the reunion would get as big as some make it. gnr were a trend for a few years whether van halen and whatever bands you named were out there for 20+ years constantly putting out records.

those bands keep their fans close because releasing new material constantly gives fans something to talk about. what did gnr fans have to talk about post '93? 'hey, did you hear about the new lawsuit between axl and slash?' that gets old pretty quick and people move on.

people who listened to gnr back in the day now have jobs, families, kids. a rock show just for nostalgia, maybe, but to get back on following a band they listened to 15 years ago, i doubt it.

2. bucket it would be nice but i know i'm in the minority. he just looks so cool on the bootlegs and it would be great to get to see him live.

3. put out some bloody material from the vault or start fresh if you still know how to write lyrics or songs.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

^^

I'm assuming you saw the real GN'R back in the day.

Because any other person making a 'free tix' statement like that would be asinine. They wouldn't be a real GN'R fan to make such a statement.

That's like a Stones fan going, "i'm too busy to see a Sticky Fingers-era show" or Freddie Mercury is back in Queen, but i've got a denist appointment.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I saw GN'R twice on the UYI Tour yes, but that has nothing to do with my statement. I wouldn't wanna see any lineup that was just going through the motions. And I really think that's all you'd get out of a AFD-UYI Era reunion.

In any case, none of that would matter to Joe Public. It's been said on here before and I'll say it again because it's true; all Joe Public cares about it Axl & Slash. You could put whoever you want with them on stage, call it a GN'R Reunion and the free world would go apeshit.

I think every lineup from 1993 on has been going through the motions personally.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer