You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

Re: what does Axl/GNR have to, to regain your interest 100%

mickronson wrote:

BH must of felt like he was taking out the trash every night...I, like some others stopped believing the GNR dream after that amount of changes.. I`m sorry but its just not my favourite football team where they can be from planet zod and still play wearing our shirt chanting our songs... as football analogies go if this were Guns-re United I`d get season tickets.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

I find it hilarious that people actually question the quality of the music the old lineup might create together. Because why? What they created in the past wasn't good? They've never given any indication that they wouldn't be able to create something amazing together even now. The old lineup created AFD, LIES, UYI I & UYI II.  I think the chances of them delivering something incredible far ourt way the chances of them churning out a dud.

Bono

Bono wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Bono wrote:

I don't understand when people say they have no interest in a reunion with the old band just "going through the motions". What the fuck is this new band doing if not going through the motions? Original Gn'R going through the motions fucking trumps new era Gn'R doing the same. To suggest this new band is making strides and doing anything other than going through the motions while living off what the old band accomplished is pretty blind. Playing a  handful of shows mainly showcasing original Gn'R material every four years is not doing anything spectacular. hell Motley Crue goes through less motions than this era of Gn'R. Anyone can gather a  bunch of musicans and play some cover tuens how is that impressive?  This era of Guns N' Roses is the epitomy of a band going through the motions.

This era yes. I feel something thing was lost with the loss of Finck and addition of Ashba.

But 01-07, I was totally down with.

2 aborted greatest hits tours and no album. You were down with that? They went through the motions more than this current era of Gn'R has 14

Sky Dog wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
smoke wrote:

I don't understand this post at all. What was gained by losing Finck?  Why did Tommy hate GnR? Why the past tense?

Agree with the lack of opportunity, though I'd disagree that BH brought nothing to the table.

Losing Finck gained the classics being played closer to the way they should be played.  Tommy hated GnR because of what they were.  BH, while immensely talented, was completely wasted playing the greatest hits album.   The whole band was either disinterested or wasted...thus why I feel they were all going through the motions. 

It was a job.  That's it.

Case in point, watch RIO 2001, watch the different energy level from Bucket on Madagascar, watch Tommy's energy change on all the new songs...Chinese, Maddy, and the Blues. They wanted to strut their stuff and it was their time. 2001 was when it should have started full force. Release a record, tour, start your own new thing. Time took the wind out of all their sails. Now, they do seem re-energized but they have to take advantage of it and get new music out...don't blow it like they did a decade ago.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

No doubt there.....

Will forever be the high point of the new band regardless of who takes a trip through the revolving door.

Bono

Bono wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

No doubt there.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbFmXK5I0rc

Will forever be the high point of the new band regardless of who takes a trip through the revolving door.

I don't get it. I've never understood your's or other's love affair with this performance. You're obviously hearing and seeing something I'm not cause to be honest I find this to be far, far from the highlight of the new era Gn'R in terms of live performances.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Me either. I'd take Pittsburgh or Boston 2002 of Madagascar over that ANY DAY of the week.

Now any 2006-2010 performance of Maddy has sucked. Axl's voice doesn't sound right on it live. Probably also the absence of Bucket and that guitar solo in the middle of the MLK speech.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7qhCanpN98

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kPrGqOqXsE

i want new music, first and foremost
by whomever can make it happen in high quality

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Bono wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

No doubt there.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbFmXK5I0rc

I don't get it. I've never understood your's or other's love affair with this performance. You're obviously hearing and seeing something I'm not cause to be honest I find this to be far, far from the highlight of the new era Gn'R in terms of live performances.

It's the best solo of Madagascar and even the album version is inferior to it.

As for the entire show, the band is just firing on all cylinders. The show should have been CD heavy instead of an AFD jerk off session. Like madagas said, band deserved so much more.

Axlin08, yes every 2006-current version of the song blows. If you ever want to laugh, just listen to someone other than Bucket try to play the solo.

My all time favorite fuck up of the solo...

3:06-4:28

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

02 was my favorite line up. But, if Buckethead would have stayed in 2006, the album and line up, with Axl's voice (and look) being pretty fucking killer, I say that could have been the best line up of GNR. As a core, the band sounded better than in 2002, imo. They just lost a huge spark without Bucket and Brain.

I really think even CD would have been a different beast.

Board footer