You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Info on Black Rain

James wrote:

Official cover art for the track:

soundgardenblackrainsingle.jpg

Here's the download of the radio stream. Has Cornell talking before the song kicks in.  Only gonna leave it up for a limited time as this is clearly gonna get a legitimate single release.

http://www.4shared.com/audio/iy6cx7RW/S … _Rain.html

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Very fuckin' cool. I like the Badmotorfinger influence, as that was my favorite album of there's. I see it totally flowing with that album.

Soundgarden, Alice In Chains... still goin' out there and doin' what they do fuckin' best - 9

Hopefully this is a big fuckin' hit like Your Decision.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Been listening to this several times tonight and its really growing on me. It's easy to see how this was a version of Fell On Black Days that took life of its own.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Definitely grows with each listen. It's Soundgarden doing what Soundgarden do best.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Don't know about a brand new album. I of course want one but I really don't want a scenario where its the obvious weak link in their discog and is just a sore spot on the band. I don't doubt their talent, but two of the four members have essentially twiddled their thumbs for over ten years.

I mentioned this before, but if studio time is being booked, just rerecord the B sides and various demos over the years and other treasures in the vault and make a fresh album out of it. Would be an album of the decade contender.

I'll take the unloading of the vault in a box set over a new album any day of the week.

I want those covers as well. We have some of them already but Thayil said there was enough for a full album. Let's hear it.

Yeah, the quality of their throwaway tracks is just off the hook. Been listening to a LOT of it lately since doing my daily song thread in the DL section to decide which ones to post for those who may not have heard them. It's hard to choose. 14

Who said anything about having to choose?  16

I want both.  I think if any band could really pull it off it would be Soundgarden.  I know two members have been mostly inactive the past 10 years but they haven't been out of the game.  They've just kept so far under the radar that no one ever hears about it. 

Right now I'm happy that they are out there kicking ass again.  Black Rain is amazing, been listening to it a lot since I got my hands on it yesterday.  It amazes me that songs like this have been sitting around for almost 20 years and when released today they still sound fresh and still kick more ass than most of what you'd hear on the radio.

Board footer