You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Re: Scott Owns the Right to STP Merchandise

Saikin wrote:

I was at a local Hot Topic and was talking to a girl who worked there.

I went up and was like "Do you have any STP stuff?"

She said "no because Scott Weiland owns the rights to STP merch and wants to get more sales in VR right now"

My theory is that he isn't doing any STP merch since they are on bad terms. Anyone else have opinions?

From Bshea at STmuthafukinP.com

Looks like Scott found his way to con his band members out of some of a Piece of the STP Pie.  Really shitty in my opinion.

At least Axl isn't prohibiting GNR merchandise from being sold to spite his ex band members.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

WoW... if thats true, that shit is REALLY fucked up.

i wouldn't jump to conclusions and say he coned the other guys out of the rights.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:
Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:

i wouldn't jump to conclusions and say he coned the other guys out of the rights.

That isnt whats fucked up.  Whats fucked up is if he isnt allowing STP merchandise on shelves b/c he want to pump up VR. 

I have a question though, if he owns the rights to STP merch, is he the only one that would receive money from them?  Like if i were to somehow find an STP shirt, and bought it, would Scott be the only one seeing money from it?

Saikin

Saikin wrote:
Tommie wrote:
Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:

That isnt whats fucked up.  Whats fucked up is if he isnt allowing STP merchandise on shelves b/c he want to pump up VR. 

I have a question though, if he owns the rights to STP merch, is he the only one that would receive money from them?  Like if i were to somehow find an STP shirt, and bought it, would Scott be the only one seeing money from it?

No.  What is meant by this is that Scott makes the decisions on what gets put out there.  The whole band gets money based on that.  Which is really shitty for the rest of the band because now all they get is record sales while Scott has got VR going on.

Sucks for us STP fans too that want some merchandise.  I wasn't into STP during their active days unfortunately.  This is really fucked up, but it really explains why i can never find any STP stuff.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

What's the retail girl's source for that info though? Could be an urban legend...like most stores I worked in don't tell you too much about the underlying ownership of the intellectual property rights of the merchandice...

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

What's the retail girl's source for that info though? Could be an urban legend...like most stores I worked in don't tell you too much about the underlying ownership of the intellectual property rights of the merchandice...

The fact that you cant buy STP shit anywhere pretty much confirms what she is saying even without a source.

Saikin

Saikin wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

The fact that you cant buy STP shit anywhere pretty much confirms what she is saying even without a source.

And my friend Bshea knows this.  He wouldn't have even bothered posting this if it didn't have firm solid backing.

Tell me, can you find STP merch anywhere but ebay?  Scott's really doing a shitty thing blocking it.

meh, he's really fucking himself out of the money.   there is a lot more interest in STP than there is VR.. even if STP hasn't done anything in 5 years.   And the DeLeo bros have Army of Anyone.

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:

that is some really fucked up logic.
how in the world would STP merchandise negatively affect VR sales....?

if Scott really didn't want anything else to hurt VR sales, then he would have complained about Slash doing all of his book promotion and taking focus away from VR...

not saying your friend is talking crap, but perhaps she was just commenting on a rumor she heard from someone else who is poorly informed....

it makes no sense.

Board footer