You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Axl Rose Suing Activision / Guitar Hero

Axlin16 wrote:

I'm speechless. This is probably the gayest thing he's ever done.

Neemo wrote:

ok all that aside, i truely get what you are saying

but....

Gun N Roses as a legal entity is controlled by Axl Rose, Slash and Duff left the partnership in 1995 and 1998 respectively (or whatever cant recall the year duff left at the moment) so all decisions regarding GnR and its recordings go through Axl....including distribution of royalties and associated fees and debts that GnR has incurred right? Axl was the one left holding the ball when GnR desolved in the 90's it was his responsibility to pay back...or in this instance renegotiate all contracts, and by all accounts the recording and release of CD wasnt fun for anyone involved, yet when Axl finally get the wheels in motion and puts things together to ready the band to return one of his avenues for promotion was presumably to be GH III yet Activision turned around and put Slash in the game in association with WTTJ after Axl's express wishes contrary to that? and to top it off they used WTTJ to promote Velvet Revolver material?

thats a fucked up sitiation, it really has nothign to do with Slash, but they used guns n roses material to promote another band (which i may add was even under a totally separate label than gnr....i wouldnt be surprised if umg was involved in this suit as well)

anyway I'm inclined to side with Axl in this case...if activision renegged on a verbal agreement....but if all he has is verbal communication good luck with the case

Actually that's not true. AXL left the partnership, and effectively quit the band in December 1995. He just informed them he was taking the name with him, because he owned all rights to it.

Slash and Duff were perfectly welcomed to join Axl's new business partnership as Guns N' Roses - in other words, Slash & Duff were warmly welcomed to become Axl's contract players, the way GN'R exists today. Slash balked and never signed up I don't think, thus quitting shortly thereafter in 1996. Duff did, but left the 'technical' new GN'R in 1998.

The only reason I point this out is time and time again, people misremember the past, thinking that that LYING, DECEPTIVE, BULLSHIT, Axl spews about "Slash quit GN'R" is absolute full-on CRAP. Axl is the LIAR and has been for 15 YEARS. Axl FORCED Slash to quit the band in order to maintain some credible integrity on a band he helped create. Duff reluctantly went with the flow, but eventually couldn't handle Axl's facist nazi rule over the band any longer and split.

Axl forced them to quit the band, they didn't have a choice. It was go where the name goes. Not to be redundant, but the BIGGEST MISTAKE EVER MADE by Slash & Duff, and even Izzy, was signing away the rights to the name. Brilliant move on Axl's part, epic fail on there's.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

The gayest thing about it(other than the way its being presented) is the fact he authorized the use of the song and is now having a hissy fit about it.

Neemo's right though. He needs a legitimate PR team, especially if the band is gonna be dominated with this type of garbage. When it comes to business, ditch the housekeepers and janitors and let some professionals run the show.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

not only that... but GH III is ancient history, wtf took him so damn long to get around to it?

also the guitar hero/rockband landscape was way different back then than it is now, nobody even gives a crap about htast game anymore because only guitar and bass are playable on it

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Neemo wrote:

not only that... but GH III is ancient history, wtf took him so damn long to get around to it?

I'll bet he needs money. That or his leaches feel they need more money. This is all about money and greed  has NOTHING to do with any type fo integrity whatsoever.

It just blows my mind though that they fail to see how this is gonna paint Axl as a sniveling whiney little bitch. I'm not being mean either I'm being truthful. That's  all this will acomplish in the end. This won't help the integrity or credibility of Guns N' Roses or Axl Rose. The only positive thing Axl can get out of this is a nice little payday(which is unlikely to happen). This to me kinda squashes any notion anyone ever had that Axl isn't about the money. Makes me believe he wanted the rights to name based soley on that anways. It was never about maintaining the integrity of Guns N' Roses because if it was shit like this would never come up.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

dunno...maybe

but do you really think they sit around looking for possible leads to sue people? that would be fucked up

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Neemo wrote:

dunno...maybe

but do you really think they sit around looking for possible leads to sue people? that would be fucked up

would anything surprise you at this point? 16

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

This shit is just sad.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

The gayest thing about it(other than the way its being presented) is the fact he authorized the use of the song and is now having a hissy fit about it.

Neemo's right though. He needs a legitimate PR team, especially if the band is gonna be dominated with this type of garbage. When it comes to business, ditch the housekeepers and janitors and let some professionals run the show.

People have tried, time and again to be his and GNR's PR team. Doug Goldstein, as much as Slash fans paint him as "Axl's boy" tried to launch the new era rocket in the summer of 2001, when it should've with a world tour, but Axl fired him for his trouble.

Merck tried for years to be that middle man, but with a useless and sheltered Axl couldn't do much of anything. When Merck tried to force Axl's hand a bit and finally strike while the iron was luke warm in 2006, Axl fired him for his trouble.

Then he gets the biggest PR/Managing guy in the business, and feels it more important to sue a man (Azoff) who could be his biggest ally, and instead Barney Fife shoots himself in the foot - AGAIN.

Doc McGhee is "in n' out" and Axl complains constantly that a lack of management is the reason for the lack of organization.

Yet people have tried to be his management. But managers DO NOT answer to toilet cleaners and their sons and daughters, nor do they answer to road managers. They just don't and never will.

We're screwed. The parasites are here to stay, and this will be how it will be forever, unless some sort of corporation takes over the GN'R business and basically just tells the reunion guys, Axl, Slash, Duff, etc. where to show up and perform and to collect their check, and none of them have to lift a finger, all for a cut. That's the only way out of this hole.

Neemo wrote:

also the guitar hero/rockband landscape was way different back then than it is now, nobody even gives a crap about htast game anymore because only guitar and bass are playable on it

I'd bet money Axl didn't want to piss in his own corn flakes. Why piss Activision off for a future potential payday with something like a Guitar Hero: Guns N' Roses, no different than Guitar Hero: Metallica? Axl stayed back to wait and see if they were gonna bark at his door to give him business. When he started being difficult, whining like a bitch about Slash, and making big gaming industry people talk to housekeepers to get stuff done, they took their ball and went home and went "fuck Axl".

When they happened, years down the road after GHIII, Axl said, okay now i'll sue! That's what you got right here. Which is the way he wants. We'll... he gets it.

I just hope he still has a working relationship with Harmonix. CD has been out for Rock Band, which is great. But November Rain was supposed to be in Rock Band 3, but to no avail.

I hope to at least see some future GN'R, especially back catalog downloadable songs for the RB network. With the main hold out hope still being for at least a Guns N' Roses: Rock Band.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Oh, so you're just a cunt, eh? You're kind isn't needed or appreciated in Guns N' Roses.

Board footer