You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

James wrote:

Just finished watching Death Proof. What a fun flick. Probably the most entertaining film I've watched all year. Pisses me off that I shrugged off going to see Grindhouse in theaters last year. Major missed opportunity. This was obviously meant to be viewed in a theater atmosphere.

People were saying this film was Tarantino's worst work. I strongly disagree. One of the complaints I do  agree with was the unnecessary conversations in certain scenes, although this plagues all of Tarantino's work and is always hit or miss.

Perfect casting in this flick, especially Kurt Russell as Stuntman Mike. Nice surprise seeing Vanessa Ferlito in this. She used to be in CSI:NY, and she was the only reason I made it through a few episodes of that terrible series.

The car crash in the first segment was off the hook. Love how the film is in two segments. First being about the stalking killer and the second basically a revenge flick.

I gotta watch the other Grindhouse flick Planet Terror this week.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I watched Gone Baby Gone last night. Someone at work said it was great. I didn't think it was. For Ben Affleck directing, it wasn't all that bad, but it seemed like he just got a really good cinematographer (camera work & lighting was pretty good) and musical score was well done. Aside from that, the story was pretty generic, acting not so good, and I felt his brother was mis-cast (too young for the role of a detective, which was mentioned twice in the film, almost as if it was to defend his casting to make it seem more beleivable).

Overall, a poor mans The Departed, kinda like how in the 90's a bunch of imitation Pulp Fiction & Reservoir Dogs movies came out.

russtcb wrote:

Finally got around to watching 30 Days Of Night last night.

I thought it was T E R R I B L E!

Slow moving. Terrible main plot, stupid side plot, terrible acting, ridiculous ending.....overall just bad.

You aren't the first person to say that.   That means I will not put this on my blockbuster list.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

I recently picked up Gregg Araki's "Smiley Face" starring the always aborable Anna Faris. I've always loved Araki's stuff. He's one of my favorite filmmakers. It's too bad "Smiley Face" didn't get a theatrical run outside of, I think, one theater in LA. Anyway, the flick was pretty damn funny. It's the first movie of Araki's he's directed from someone else's screenplay. After the powerhouse that was "Mysterious Skin," I think he was looking to just cut loose and have some fun on a cheap, quick little shoot. It's tone is most similar to his previous comedy "Splendor," but lacks the Araki touch of that movie, which is here replaced by a much broader, stoner humor. But it works for the movie. It's just a fun time. Check it out.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Fracture - Good first 30 minutes, but ultimately unfocused crap.

American Gangster - Major let down. Story that goes nowhere, lack of focus and superficial characters. How you can fuck up a Frank Lucas story like this is beyond me, especially when Ridley is in charge.

Sunshine - I was expecting the usual disaster movie, but this one actually had some cool angles. You're still left with an impression of a movie that doesn't quite know what it is, but the effort was immensely appreciated.

Rambo IV - Hell yeah. Nough said.

All in all, what has the world come to when legends like Scorsese and Scott flush out this nonsense?

I watched No Country For Old Men all I have to say is Brilliant! 22

The Coen Brothers took a waaay different approach to making this movie and it worked!

I had no problem with the ending.

I watched I Am Legend the other night.   I thought it was okay not great but okay.   I only saw one ending, probably the theatrical one.   I have one question about this film, if all ways into NYC was cut off, how did the chick get to Vermont in the end?  Maybe I just didn't pay attention to that part and missed it.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I finally saw Blood Diamond. I thought it was really good, took a while to believe DiCaprio's accent, but I'm always that way with movies. It's scary that shit like that goes on all the time across the globe. Puts life into perspective in a way.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

I have one question about this film, if all ways into NYC was cut off, how did the chick get to Vermont in the end?

Thats a good question. I never even thought of that while watching it.

For those of you that have watched No Country and Michael Clayton, you need to watch the other major Oscar contenders. I watched There Will Be Blood a couple days ago.  Its definitely one of Daniel Day Lewis' best performances. Excellent film, although No Country deserved the Best Picture Oscar it won.

You guys should also watch Juno and Atonement.

I'm either going to watch Planet Terror or Into the Wild tonight.

alexh0618
 Rep: 14 

alexh0618 wrote:

I watched No Country for Old Men the other night.

Board footer