You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

Backslash wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

I have one question about this film, if all ways into NYC was cut off, how did the chick get to Vermont in the end?

Thats a good question. I never even thought of that while watching it.

For those of you that have watched No Country and Michael Clayton, you need to watch the other major Oscar contenders. I watched There Will Be Blood a couple days ago.  Its definitely one of Daniel Day Lewis' best performances. Excellent film, although No Country deserved the Best Picture Oscar it won.

You guys should also watch Juno and Atonement.

I'm either going to watch Planet Terror or Into the Wild tonight.

Juno was phenomenal.  I'm watching No Country and I Am Legend in the coming weeks.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

I liked I Am Legend, and I have few complaints.

The CGI wasn't too great on it.  The vampires or whatever didn't look very scary.  They looked too fake.

Also, why did they have to fuck with the ending?  The book ending is great, way better than what was in the film.

Synyster Gates wrote:

The CGI wasn't too great on it.  The vampires or whatever didn't look very scary.  They looked too fake.

Also, why did they have to fuck with the ending?  The book ending is great, way better than what was in the film.

Same here!   Also how in did the chick get to Vermont when all ways into NY were cut off.   I still don't know if it was something I missed in the movie that told that info.

I thought that the deserted NYC looked great but the other graphics didn't look good at all.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:
Synyster Gates wrote:

Damned straight Little Bro!  Still a good movie overall, I'd give it a B-.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Just finished watching Death Proof. What a fun flick. Probably the most entertaining film I've watched all year. Pisses me off that I shrugged off going to see Grindhouse in theaters last year. Major missed opportunity. This was obviously meant to be viewed in a theater atmosphere.

People were saying this film was Tarantino's worst work. I strongly disagree. One of the complaints I do  agree with was the unnecessary conversations in certain scenes, although this plagues all of Tarantino's work and is always hit or miss.

Perfect casting in this flick, especially Kurt Russell as Stuntman Mike. Nice surprise seeing Vanessa Ferlito in this. She used to be in CSI:NY, and she was the only reason I made it through a few episodes of that terrible series.

The car crash in the first segment was off the hook. Love how the film is in two segments. First being about the stalking killer and the second basically a revenge flick.

I gotta watch the other Grindhouse flick Planet Terror this week.

I never could find the movies to rent for some reason so I finally bought them used.  I liked Death Proof as well and loved the stunt work. 

Casting was definitely dead on.  Kurt was PERFECT as stuntman Mike, he really brought a creepiness to it that was dead on.  Vanessa Ferlito's lapdance made me sweat!!  It was Mary Winstead's cheerleader outfit in the second segment that raised the pulse. 

The conversations were plagued very much like Rob Zombie's less-than-stellar character conversations but I was pleased for what the movie tried to be it accomplished...a good "b" movie Grindhouse.  I haven't watched Planet Terror yet but looking forward to it.  Rose McGowan (hot as hell) with a machine gun leg killing zombies..what's not to love?

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

'Jesse James

worst ever

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
war wrote:

'Jesse James

worst ever

The Brad Pitt flick? I thought it was pretty good.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
war wrote:

'Jesse James

worst ever

The Brad Pitt flick? I thought it was pretty good.

lol

you are so different than i originally thought

yeah, my wife and i hated it

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I just bought Walk Hard on blu-ray today so I'm hoping it's good.

I heard this was really bad. Let me know what you thought of it.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

"Street Kings." Excellent movie. I went in last night with no real expectations and was just looking to get out of the house and go to a movie. Much to my surprise, it was one of the better gritty, crime dramas to come out in a long while. Keanu Reeves gives a career-high performance. Last week I went to see Carter Smith's "The Ruins" adaptation. It was more fun than you'd want to think. What appealed to me was that it didn't feel like the typical "new horror" movies that have been coming out. As much as I was expecting the worst sitting through some of the more generic opening scenes, ultimately it does the book justice and feels more like an old school, jungle horror flick. It wasn't perfect, and it didn't exactly wow me like say "Grindhouse" did this time last year, but what else are you going to see? "Prom Night"? I think not. If you want to see a dark urban masterpiece, see "Street Kings." If you want to see the best horror movie in theaters by default, see "The Ruins."

Board footer