You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

polluxlm wrote:

It Follows. Alright horror. Well made on a low budget.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

misterID wrote:

The Babadook. Holy hell was that disturbing. Really gets under your crawl. And unlike all the Blumhouse shit, it's actually pretty scary. No CGI either, which blows my mind.

I enjoyed the movie as well. It was a Kickstarter funded project. I think it was the director's first movie too. I still need to see It Follows. It's on demand; so I may pick a day with friends and watch it. It's been getting high praise.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Von wrote:

billhicks_288x432_r2.jpg

When it comes to untimely celebrity deaths in the 1990s, he's number one on the list. He was going to be my generation's George Carlin.

A tragedy that someone of his talent was performing in tiny, obscure clubs while people like Dice Clay were filling stadiums. Just as his career was on the verge of exploding, he gets cancer. It's a sad story and still makes me sick. The world will never really know what it lost.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

It Follows is okay, not bad, but leaps in logic are a little off putting, but it seems like the director was okay with the numerous holes. The Ring was better. And I never knew teenage girls only had sex with their clothes on these days, apparantly. Boooo!

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

When it comes to untimely celebrity deaths in the 1990s, he's number one on the list. He was going to be my generation's George Carlin.

A tragedy that someone of his talent was performing in tiny, obscure clubs while people like Dice Clay were filling stadiums. Just as his career was on the verge of exploding, he gets cancer. It's a sad story and still makes me sick. The world will never really know what it lost.

Right on, brother. Bill Hicks is a personal hero. Such a tragedy. In another world, he could've filled stadiums alongside Dice, but he told too much truth. You couldn't bottle him as a commodity to sell to the masses. At least not in his own lifetime. Hicks was the consummate comedian's comedian.

AtariLegend wrote:

Deep Impact - Does being a slightly more logical film than Armageddon really count as a compliment?

Bloodsport - Silly cheesy 80's fun. The fight scenes in this imo are what the Mortal Kombat/Street Fighter movies should have aimed for.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Mad Max Fury Road

Was really good ... managed to keep the general flavor of the orig trilogy and add a modern twist

AtariLegend wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Mad Max Fury Road

Was really good ... managed to keep the general flavor of the orig trilogy and add a modern twist

That was so much better than I expected it to be. Did you not see it in the cinema this summer Neemo? It really is best with a big screen and loud music.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

My wife and I were gonna go swe it...but it didn't pan out

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Neemo wrote:

Mad Max Fury Road

Funny I just got done watching it with my dad. I've seen it three times already. Twice in theaters. Definitely my favorite movie of this year so far. Hopefully Star Wars can top it.

Board footer