You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

Watching Nocturnal Animals right now...…..that opening. Jesus. Went full on David Lynch.

I stopped watching after he get the cause of death of his wife. I had to leave. Was it a good movie? Seemed like it had potential.

Watched "Collateral Beauty". Not bad. Interesting.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

The ending was seriously "eh." Everything leading up to it was really good.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
slashsfro wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I watched Broadway Danny Rose last night. Mia Farrow is so amazing in it.

Where does this film land in the Woody Allen canon?  A classic or just good?

Its one of his best. Its up there with Annie Hall and Manhattan. ID is right though....that ending is a let down considering the story you've seen play out. I'm not even opposed to how it wound up with Lou but the Tina thing towards the end should've been left out.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Alien Covenant. I really, really hate David. It's an exciting movie, but........

Hidden Text:

David being an unbeatable monster villain really sucks. It's just such a downer. I've complained about movies not having enough dark endings, but why does he have to keep winning? Especially when you see the ending coming the moment Walter is introduced. Which still makes zero sense seeing he is the newer model that is way more advanced.... To the point he has the ability to fix himself.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

I love Alien: Covenant.

I didn't watch any of the trailers. Well, I take that back, I was forced to watch one when I went to the theatre soon before the release.

Great movie. Intelligent subtext. Some flaws but still, very well done.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Never trust a fucking android! It never works out 4

It was fun, I think Ex Machina crafted a similar story sans the alien, but was a far better film and was able hit a level AC couldn't in man vs android, IMO.

I have to say, the humanoid creature was far scarier than the traditional alien.

Hidden Text:

Poor Elizabeth. That really bummed me out.

misterID

misterID wrote:

It.

Pretty impressed. Way better than the TV mini series. Pennywise was actually good. And I liked the easter egg for Tim Curry's Pennywise. Look close in the clown room and you'll see his picture on the wall and a smaller figurine. The kids actually reminded me of Monster Squad, one of my favorite films.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

y'know, I may be wrong, but I'm feeling that they relied too heavily on organic/viral marketing. I really haven't seen any commercials for it, wouldn't know it was made outside of the internet. 

I do wanna see it tho, thanks for the review.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

I watched it.  I thought it was pretty good. Only complaint was them giving away Mike's character arc to Ben and skipping some of their backstories, but overall it was pretty damn good.  I'm excited for chapter 2.

misterID

misterID wrote:

I have the original Fukunaga script which tackles everything you point out, Mike especially had a great role in the film. There were some tweaks that actually worked better, though. Beverley and Ritchie were fantastic. Everyone in my theater cheered when Ritchie was on screen.

Hidden Text:

The scene with Stan and the portrait lady was originally a full out homage to The Shining. A hot girl is naked in the bath, trying to coax Stan into the tub with her to become a man... When she rises out of the water her lower half is decomposed and monstrous.

Board footer