You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

misterID wrote:

American Made. It was soooo good. I'm shocked Cruise didn't get a nomination.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
misterID wrote:

American Made. It was soooo good. I'm shocked Cruise didn't get a nomination.

Funny, I just saw it in a Redbox at the grocery store. I'd forgotten about that movie but did like the commercials when it was out. Reminded me of Blow a bit much tho, but I'll check it out.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

How it's different from Blow is that he's not a dope fiend and is a pretty faithful husband, he's just kind of a flake, but a really likable flake. The drug trade is really just one aspect of the story.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

misterID wrote:

How it's different from Blow is that he's not a dope fiend and is a pretty faithful husband, he's just kind of a flake, but a really likable flake. The drug trade is really just one aspect of the story.

I love Blow.  I'll give this a go.  It intrigued me when I saw the trailer.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I've watched a bunch of movies lately.

Big Sky- Pure tripe. One of the worst movies I've ever watched and I'm including B movies. I've watched several Bella Thorne movies in the past few weeks. She's clearly overrated. LIke Mischa I think she let her focus on being a social media/tabloid star have a negative impact on her career decisions.

Alien: Covenant- Ugh. I liked Prometheus and was looking forward to the supposed trilogy. This isn't what I had in mind. Sucks that the end of prometheus wound up being a cock tease.

I don't like how both stories are brought together here and I loathe that the creation of xenomorphs has been explained as being created by an android.

Ex Machina- Best movie I've watched all year. The ending felt a bit rushed though.

Carrie(remake)- I prefer it over the original but that's not saying much. I like Chloe Moretz but she doesn't play a good bullying victim. She's the type that does the bullying.

Tusk- What a mind fuck. Smith can never top Clerks but he comes close here.

Shut In- Had so much potential. The twist is lame and would've been so much better had it stayed the course it was set on.

The Martian- I cant stand Matt Damon. He was tolerable here. This movie dragged on too long and not much suspense since they will obviously rescue him.

Wolf of Wall Street- Not a big Dicaprio fan either but films like this prove he is one of the greats.

Keep Watching- Had a lot of potential with a very unique home invasion angle. A weak cast with Bella Thorne leading the pack flushed its potential down the toilet. It feels like a B film. I'd like to see a much better writer/director tackle this same concept.

Amityville: The Awakening-  Awful. Pure cringe. They shouldn't have let people know they intentionally buried the film before deciding to just dump it in stores to get it off the books. You can see why even the producers distanced themselves from it to move on to other projects...including a new Amityville film. 16 They rip off the first Insidious with the possessed, comatose son and then try to rip off Amityville II with the family massacre. Just like Chloe Moretz as a victim of bullying in Carrie, Bella Thorne absolutely cannot play an outcast. THis type of miscasting takes you out of the story completely. Everybody at school ignoring her? Sorry...not buying it. She'd be queen bee within five minutes of moving there.

We're the Millers- I hate comedies this decade and avoid them like the plague. I watched this because Emma Roberts is in it. I was pleasantly surprised. Its like National Lampoons Vacation if they went on a drug run instead of Walley World.

World War Z- What a great movie. Daniella Kertesz is amazing. The sequel is going to be killer.

The Thing(remake): I think I watched this in my junkie years but had to check it out. I love Mary Elizabeth Winstead. The terrible CGI alone pretty much ruins it. It takes you out of the story and any potential suspense just flies out the window.

johndivney wrote:

I love MEW you should watch Fargo tv series (but you need to do all 3 seasons for it to make sense even tho it’s anthology). Season 1 = 10/10, 2 = 9.5/10, 3 (ft Ewan & mew) 9/10. Actually one of best tv shows ever. + she shows her ass in it.

I like Mtt Damon & liked the Martian but yea obv they were going to rescue him. Decent latter day Ridley. Never bothered with the book.

Wolf - quaaludes scene is one of the funniest things ever recorded. Gone jellyman myself once or twice, Leo knocked it out of the park.

Alien: covenant - felt exactly the same after seeing it in cinema, I felt like I was only person who enjoyed Prometheus given hate it’s received. More time has passed I enjoy the schlocky nature of covenant & utter disregard it has for Prometheus + Fassbender is absolutely fucking brilliant in it. Overlooked & actually pretty great taken on its own.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

We’re the Millers is hilarious. I too watched that with very little expectations, and I thought it was great. Me and my mates always quote the “No ragrets” bit. Lol

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Watched Doctor Stranger recently, and special effects aside (which were fantastic), it was an odd film and all the sub levels got a bit too Inception like to me. Like how the city is bending and folding on itself, like what the actual fuck is happening...?

I also thought Wonder Wonan was quite average too. And not because of a female lead, it just seemed quite corny, even for a comic book film.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

she shows her ass in it.

That alone makes it worth the price of admission.

I wish she would've done more horror films in her youth. She was great in FD3.

Alien: covenant - felt exactly the same after seeing it in cinema, I felt like I was only person who enjoyed Prometheus given hate it’s received.

I hate how everything has to be a huge and immediate blockbuster now and if its not, they just toss whatever plans they had and move full speed ahead with something else.

People interested in Prometheus knew it was a planned trilogy. A slow burner was expected...but since xenomorphs weren't spewing acid all over the place, it gets crap reviews and they pull the plug on the vision. We get the worst of both worlds in its place.

This kind of shit impacts all sorts of films. Because the film Rings bombed, the Friday the 13th reboot was canceled.

I also thought Wonder Woman was quite average too.

THis is near the top of my netflix queue. I keep pushing it down for other things.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Saw The Revanent the other day. Absorbing but heavy going at the same time. I enjoyed it but I don’t think I’ll ever get the urge to watch it again.

Board footer