You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 327 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

Smoking Guns wrote:

Rambo, loved it

philia
 Rep: 1 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

philia wrote:

Tarantino’s latest masterpiece

A Private Eye
 Rep: 76 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

IT2

I liked the first one but this was awful. I think Mcavoy and Chastain realised they’d signed up to a lame duck and just phoned it in.

James
 Rep: 625 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

James wrote:

They rushed. They wanted to quickly cash in after the monster success of IT and I knew it was a mistake.

They rush everything nowadays and it's ruining the stories.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 112 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

A Private Eye wrote:

IT2

I liked the first one but this was awful. I think Mcavoy and Chastain realised they’d signed up to a lame duck and just phoned it in.


I agree. I saw it last weekend and felt very underwhelmed. Bill Hader did a great job, but the story never pulled me in. Some books just can’t be transitioned to movies.

I do have high hopes for the stand on CBS. Skarsgard will be a great Flagg.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 112 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

Smoking Guns wrote:

Rambo, loved it

I’m seeing this Saturday. Critics hate it, but audiences love it. I guess critics don’t want to acknowledge the reality of cartel violence.

misterID
 Rep: 456 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

IT2

I liked the first one but this was awful. I think Mcavoy and Chastain realised they’d signed up to a lame duck and just phoned it in.


I agree. I saw it last weekend and felt very underwhelmed. Bill Hader did a great job, but the story never pulled me in. Some books just can’t be transitioned to movies.

I do have high hopes for the stand on CBS. Skarsgard will be a great Flagg.

Bill Nader stole show. The problem, outside ridiculous monster cgi (the old woman looked like screensaver the shining old woman and the witch in Snow White) is that they already know how to defeat It. They did it almost exactly the way they did it before. He wasn't a threat. And not near enough time was spent with the characters.

James
 Rep: 625 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

James wrote:

I really need to read IT again. It's been decades and my more old, jaded, and nostalgic self would pick up more on it's themes.

The King movie we've needed for ages is The Long Walk.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 112 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

James wrote:

I really need to read IT again. It's been decades and my more old, jaded, and nostalgic self would pick up more on it's themes.

The King movie we've needed for ages is The Long Walk.

Nah, they need to do the dark tower right. Amazon is making it a series, and if done right it could be in league with Thrones. I just don’t know how you keep a kid 11 for 8 books of material and have a talking raccoon.

James
 Rep: 625 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

James wrote:

Another one they need to get right is The Tommyknockers. That book is insane and that miniseries didn't do it justice.

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB