You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

PaSnow wrote:
bigbri wrote:

1917. Good, not great. The "single-take" thing is nice, but the story is just flat. Saving Private Ryan did a similar premise much better.

I saw it too and had similar thoughts. Its real good, but I feel SPR & Black Hawk Down are better overall war movies among others. Still good, single take starts to wane a bit. Makes the entire storyline a bit thin in hindsight. Also mustve played tricks somehow with timing.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Jumanji 2. I actually love these movies, and this latest one was good, but felt mailed in. Totally forgettable villain (The Hound from GOT) but Awkwafina is hilarious. The Rock tried way too hard as Devito, while she nailed it.

AtariLegend wrote:

The Hunt

It's basically Ready or Not mixed with the Politics of Get Out.

Fun film, but the whole stertotypical rich Democratic elites hunting sterotypical Republican rednecks is too over the top. It copies the tone and gimmicks of alot of films in recent years.

AtariLegend wrote:

The Invisible Man. It was actually pretty good for the first half and uncomfortable.

Not that interesting a 2nd half though.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Okay, what are we watching?

Just watched A Quiet Place... Pretty good, not as great as everyone made out.

I'm going to do a David Lynch binge (God help me) But also doing some 80s comedies. Watched Airplane, Naked Gun, Hot Shots, The Lonely Guy. I want to get some Three Amigos and Spies Like Us going too.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

I downloaded and watched basically every movie that was out at the box office and premiered on HBO. Invisible man was disappointing. The way back was a let down. I wanted to like the kitchen, but I feel it never found its ground. Queen and Slim was ok, but didn’t have that “it” factor. Excited for Black Widow and Wonderwoman.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Watched 'Knives Out' last night. Had heard good things.

Was ok but nothing great.

Gonna watch Joker again over Easter I think.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I watched Airplane too, it was on the Roku Channel. It holds up really well, still funny. I wanna rewatch Scarface Friday night, just buying it ondemand. Amped up for it, movie night with the soundbar up & light off.

I watched a crazy movie call King Of New York. Wasn't crazy per se, kindof a pre-Tarantino crime movie, circa 1990. It starred a younger Christopher Walken just released from prison trying to make his way back up the crime ladder, but what was nuts about it was it also featured Wesley Snipes, Laurence Fishburne, Steve Buscemi, David Caruso, and Giancarlo Esposito (fast food franchise owner from Breaking Bad). It wasn't an ensemble cast really, just pure coincidence. Ahead of its time casting. Walken's characters last name was White, and I wonder if that was some form of nod from Tarantino in Reservior Dogs when I think Buscemi doesn't want Mr Pink and asks for Mr White, and he's told 'You can't, White's on another job'. Anyway, it's good, a bit thin & just shoot em up. Worth checking out, its good enough.

It was on Tubi, if any of you have those streaming devices or TVs.

misterID

misterID wrote:

I still haven't watched Joker.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

I recently watched the first two Chuckie movies...good god these were horrible...how did we like them when we were kids?

Board footer