You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: Seven

bigbri wrote:

This has been discussed over at buckethead.tk, and the players there say it's Whitewash even slower. I'm not a guitar player so wouldn't be able to stand behind that 100%, but it does not sound like the Peppers song.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

yeah i agree it sounds more like whitewash, with robin doing the backing track

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

sounds more like whitewash to me as well

alexh0618
 Rep: 14 

alexh0618 wrote:

It sounds more like the RHCP song to me. Plus, didn't RHCP play RiR 2001 too?

Manets
 Rep: 9 

Manets wrote:
alexh0618 wrote:

It sounds more like the RHCP song to me. Plus, didn't RHCP play RiR 2001 too?

Yes. And is playing this year's edition too.

JIP
 Rep: 10 

JIP wrote:

Colma is my fav Bucket record...i can't hear any whitewash there..anyway they play the same 4 chords of the RHCP song..they just add up a few things...improvise a bit

they point is "this is not Seven!!"...lol

johndivney wrote:

sounds like i could have lied 2 me....

defo hoping for less typical bucket avant atmospherics & more driving epic Whipping Post/Coma-esque rockers next time out in GnR albumland..

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Bucket does slight variations of all his songs each time he performs them. I'm with Bri and the other Bucket bots who say its a version of Whitewash.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:

Just for completeness sake, I'll add Brain's comments on this song from earlier in the year. It's a ballad from what we know previously.

"...we were writing all these songs to try and turn in. Xtract is sort of this old school DJ type, he’s a bass player but he loves old school break beats and you know, cratedigger type of guy. So, the shit we were putting together was crazy. We were going ‘OK what sample should we find for Axl? Well he’s sort of like Julius Ceasar’ so we were trying to sample stuff that reflected that. We were looking for old school, crazy shit and I think we sampled Ben-Hur, chopped it up, cut it up and that became a jam, I think we called it ‘Seven’."

Theme to Ben Hur is on Youtube

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

This thread made my heart skip a beat... But that's a cool story. We need a Goddamn box set.

Board footer