You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Re: The BATMAN Thread

Rex wrote:
Bono wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Oh to answer your question, yes I was high. That always enhances the film experience though.

16  I'd fall asleep.

I guess the editing thing is a personal prefrence.  It was the ploar opposite of say the LOTR movies(and books) the editing in those films is such where they spend 20 minutes on one scene with a few actors. So long to where you forget about the other characters. Then they switch and you're like oh yeah these guys again.  LOTR is so driven by the story telling aspact of it where as  TDK is in essence an action film so I felt the editing kept things moving.  I will agree on one thing though. It would have been nice to have one scene with the Joker all by himself. Ala the scene in LOTR where Gollam has a conversation with himself(Smeagol). That would've been truely amazing.

Rex wrote:

I don't think it's fair to bury the Joker with Heath.  The character doesn't belong to him, and although I agree with him owning the role, I don't think it should die with him.

I don't necessarily mean retire the Joker forever just for this paticular franhcise that Nolan as come up with.  Like you I trust the vision of this franhcise so I would like to see a third installment 100%. I dont' thin they'd fuck it it up at all.

Do you guys think Tom Cruise could pull off the Riddler? I like Cruise as an actor and part of me can see this being a  good fit but I wonder if he'd be too big of a star. Would it be too "Tom Cruise"?  he'd be better than Jim Carey though that's for damn sure:haha:

The bitching would never end.

Then again, it was the same with Heath.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Never watched Lord of the Rings(well, tried once), but I do see your point of how the exact opposite style of editing can ruin films.

Bono wrote:

Do you guys think Tom Cruise could pull off the Riddler? I like Cruise as an actor and part of me can see this being a  good fit but I wonder if he'd be too big of a star. Would it be too "Tom Cruise"?  he'd be better than Jim Carey though that's for damn sure:haha:

No stars. Its lame and brings that ultra cheesy aspect to it.

The franchise already has stars obviously, but you know what I mean. We don't need Tom Cruise, Jim Carrey, Jessica Alba,etc. in the next film taking up various roles.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Never watched Lord of the Rings(well, tried once), but I do see your point of how the exact opposite style of editing can ruin films.

16 My point was not how different styles of editing can ruin a  film. I felt both styles were absolutely perfect for their respective  films.  My point was simply editing is a personal taste I guess.

James Lofton wrote:
Bono wrote:

No stars. Its lame and brings that ultra cheesy aspect to it.

The franchise already has stars obviously, but you know what I mean. We don't need Tom Cruise, Jim Carrey, Jessica Alba,etc. in the next film taking up various roles.

Yeah I hear that. Just something about it makes me think Tom Cruise could play it. He's got that crazy laugh and he's a smooth talker and a really good actor in my opinion.  Everyone in the Nolan franchise is a star though to varying degrees so it's not like they've chosen to go with an unknown cast. Quite the opposite really like you pointed out.  Jim Carey and Jessica Alba are not in the same league as Tom Cruise though.

Liam Neison
Katie Holmes
Christian Bale
Morgan Freeman
Michael Cain
Heath Ledger
Maggie Gylenhall
Aaron Eckhart

You could put a  star in the next villan's role no problem. 

True Rex. the casting of Ledger was  mocked at first but that turned out o.k. I'd say 16  Cruise would never happen  though I realize that. Just a thought is all.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

I agree.  You could put a star in that role and it could be good.  The Nolans are pretty good judges of this, so i'd trust in them.  Preferably, i'd want a smaller star (not as big as Tom Cruise), and one who isn't type cast. 

I really can't get the bitching about the editing.  I thought it was great, it sure as hell kept my attention thoughout the whole movie.

I'm going to see it again later this week so i'll let you guys know if i feel any different about it. 

I have a friend who saw it twice and he said it only got better the second time around.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Bono... I think Depp would make a great replacement for Ledger on the role of The Joker.

If anyone could bring Ledger's energy, Depp could. The bad part is in hind-sight, with Heath's passing, it would've made more sense to

Hidden Text:

kill off The Joker. But now with it being left wide open in TDK, you'd walk into a Batman Begins 3 expecting The Joker's return.

James

James wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Bono... I think Depp would make a great replacement for Ledger on the role of The Joker.

If anyone could bring Ledger's energy, Depp could. The bad part is in hind-sight, with Heath's passing, it would've made more sense to

Hidden Text:

kill off The Joker. But now with it being left wide open in TDK, you'd walk into a Batman Begins 3 expecting The Joker's return.

Good point. Although I obviously wasn't fond of the movie, it will definitely be interesting to see what direction this goes. Lucky for them there are plenty of villains to choose from.

Is there any timetable on when the next installment gets placed on the launch pad?

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

With the extraordinary success of TDK, i'm sure the film will be announced immediately.

Probably, like with Begins to TDK... i'd say we might see a third one in 2011.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

James

James wrote:

We'll probably get a scenario where TDK is never mentioned in the continuity of the franchise. This is a stand alone film.

Sort of like relaunching the same franchise.

Its Halloween III.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Hidden Text:

Hidden Text:

Are you joking?  Kill off Joker?  That was the biggest mistake Burton made with Batman.  You can't kill off the Joker, or at least Batman can't kill off the Joker in any way. 

I have to admit, i agree that killing off the Joker would have made it easier for a sequel since they wouldn't have been left with the question- "Now what?"  It would have just brought the movie down a few levels if they had though.

Board footer