You are not logged in. Please register or login.

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

Re: There really seems to be a buildup now...

I think there must be great material for the follow up. Axl referred to CD as a double album. Why weight such a project on the front end? He also front loaded all the leaks which I thought was strange but perhaps he wanted to eliminate any letdown for the second album. Who knows.

But a video would really put some spark in this second single. let's see where we are at that point if indeed a comeback is possible.

Dadud
 Rep: 14 

Dadud wrote:

someone should ask axl if the leaks had any say in determining the tracklist for chinese democracy

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:
Dadud wrote:

someone should ask axl if the leaks had any say in determining the tracklist for chinese democracy

seconded....

MrWonderful
 Rep: 2 

MrWonderful wrote:

The momentum continues to build (sarcastict voice)...Pete Wentz said on Howard Stern today that Gun's N Roses was his and Tony Romo's favorite band...not sure if he was talking about the new lineup or not though, because he did say Duff McKagan was the bassist that most inspired him.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

With the fact new GN'R has never truely gotten off the ground, no doubt that when anyone says GN'R is their favorite band - they're referring to the old.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
MrWonderful wrote:

The momentum continues to build (sarcastict voice)...Pete Wentz said on Howard Stern today that Gun's N Roses was his and Tony Romo's favorite band...not sure if he was talking about the new lineup or not though, because he did say Duff McKagan was the bassist that most inspired him.

I heard that today.  I HATE Fall Out Boy, but I respect anyone who goes on the Stern show, AND the guy likes GNR, AND he's banging Ashley Simpson every which way.  Gotta respect the guy a little now.

I watched a little bit of "That Metal Show" on VH1 Classic from this week, although the actual taping was weeks, possibly months ago.  The show is hosted by Eddie Trunk along with comedians Don Jamison and Jim Florentine.  The special guest on the show was Mike Piazza and he told a story about GNR.  I expected the "I.R.S. story" but he said he went with Eddie to see GNR at MSG in 2002.  He joked that Axl kept changing jerseys (Yankees, Rangers, Giants, etc.)  And Mike got pissed (jokingly) that he didn't put on a Piazza jersey.  After the show he went to the meet and greet with Eddie and Trunk told him that Axl never showed up at such things.  But he walked right through the door and Mike, after consuming MANY alcoholic beverages, confronted him about the jerseys.  He was like, "Derek Jeter is not here.  Michael Strahan was not standing on his chair rocking out.  I am HERE, where's my jersey?"  To which Axl responded that he was sorry, he just wore what was given to him by the stagehands, it wasn't his choice.

It was funny.  I haven't finished the episode, so I'm not sure if they ever went over the whole I.R.S. thing or not.

Board footer