You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Chinese Democracy #12 Album On Rolling Stone's Top 50 Albums Of 2008

Axlin16 wrote:
Von Solo wrote:

I'm a huge, huge Crüe fan, but Saints of Los Angeles was a big let down. Too Fast for Love, Shout at the Devil, Theatre of Pain, Girls, Girls, Girls, and Dr. Feelgood are all classics. The Corabi self-titled is underrated and yes, even the largely Corabi influenced Generation Swine is a better album than SOLA. That's not to say SOLA doesn't have its moments. The title track is badass and I quite like Mutherfucker of the Year. But compared to Chinese Democracy? The fucker's basically Use Your Illusion III. The only album released in 2008 I strain to hold in higher regard is Judas Priest's criminally underrated Nostradamus.

Once again I agree. Karma for respecting Nostradamus.

And i'm not even a hardcore Priest fan, and I was blown away by Nostradamus. 9

Paxcow
 Rep: 5 

Paxcow wrote:
KDOGCRUEHEAD wrote:

HOW IN THE HELL CAN THIS ALBUM BE #12 ON ROLLING STONE'S TOP 50 FOR THE YEAR? MOTLEY'S SAINTS WASN'T EVEN ON THE TOP 50 AND IT SMOKES THIS ALBUM LIKE AXL'S EGO SMOKES. THIS ALBUM TOOK A CENTURY TO MAKE, AND AXL GOES AWOL AS USUAL, AND YET MOTLEY'S ALBUM IS THE BEST THEY EVER DONE AND IT DOESN'T EVEN GET ON THE TOP 50. SOMEONE IN THE GNR CAMP IS GIVING SOME SERIOUS SMOKING HEAD TO THE PEOPLE AT ROLLING STONE.

you are outta your mind!!!!! sola sucked! and i'm a big crue fan! and i even took my daughter to cruefest and got called gay for doing it lol
guns n roses has always written better songs than motley crue. fact! 9

warriorpriestess

Paxcow wrote:
KDOGCRUEHEAD wrote:

HOW IN THE HELL CAN THIS ALBUM BE #12 ON ROLLING STONE'S TOP 50 FOR THE YEAR? MOTLEY'S SAINTS WASN'T EVEN ON THE TOP 50 AND IT SMOKES THIS ALBUM LIKE AXL'S EGO SMOKES. THIS ALBUM TOOK A CENTURY TO MAKE, AND AXL GOES AWOL AS USUAL, AND YET MOTLEY'S ALBUM IS THE BEST THEY EVER DONE AND IT DOESN'T EVEN GET ON THE TOP 50. SOMEONE IN THE GNR CAMP IS GIVING SOME SERIOUS SMOKING HEAD TO THE PEOPLE AT ROLLING STONE.

you are outta your mind!!!!! sola sucked! and i'm a big crue fan! and i even took my daughter to cruefest and got called gay for doing it lol

HA! tell everyone who called you gay! oh never mind let's not start the drama again wink JUST KIDDING everyone, i'm actually paxcow's stalker. and harasser. LOL. if you only knew...:butt:

but seriously i totally agree. 5

Crue has some VERY good songs but nowhere near the level of Guns' output in the quality department.

true that, i could say about a lot of bands. roll

and hey! hella kudos to RS for actually having the taste and balls to go there. almost makes me want to subscribe again!

imho, Chinese Democracy is the first disc i've gotten ahold of in a while where I am actively enjoying every track and nothing gets cued past... 20

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

RS just released the READERS Top-30 list for 2008.... CD was #5 for the year. 22

My Chemical Romance were also a reader's top choice a few years back. If sales dont' mean anything when they are low than reader's choices don't mean shit either. All that means is the wack jobs who bought multiple copies(no offence to anyone 16 ) just voted for Gn'R cause it's "Gn'R" Let's be honest if CD wasn't a top Reader's Choice people would bitch it's cause nobody bought the album. But if nobody bought the album how could it be a top reader's choice?  It's people spamming the votes they way they do the NHL all-star game  14

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Bono is CD good or not?

If CD sucked, i'd be on board, but the album rules. It deserved #5, if not #1.

There's nothing wrong with it taking a high spot. It deserves it.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
Von Solo wrote:

I'm a huge, huge Crüe fan, but Saints of Los Angeles was a big let down. Too Fast for Love, Shout at the Devil, Theatre of Pain, Girls, Girls, Girls, and Dr. Feelgood are all classics. The Corabi self-titled is underrated and yes, even the largely Corabi influenced Generation Swine is a better album than SOLA. That's not to say SOLA doesn't have its moments. The title track is badass and I quite like Mutherfucker of the Year. But compared to Chinese Democracy? The fucker's basically Use Your Illusion III. The only album released in 2008 I strain to hold in higher regard is Judas Priest's criminally underrated Nostradamus.

I agree. SOA was a let down. I do enjoy Nostradamus and I hope they bring the tour to the states when they play the album in full. They will tour and play the hits and then go back to England and play just the new album and if goes well it comes to the states. I also enjoyed the new Motorhead. Lemmy never disappoints.

I think number 12 is  a good spot. I really dig the album but I am a fan. 12 out of 50 isn't bad in my book. I would have liked to see it closer to the top 5 but I ain't complaining.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Bono is CD good or not?

It's average in my opinion. All I'm saying is if sales don't matter than this isn't a gage either cause the only ones voting are Gn'R fans. They stuffed a ballot box so to speak. I mean thinsg can't mater if they only reflect positively. If it wasn't mentioned nobody would say cause it wasn't god they'd just say sales were poor 16  Is just using things a s they're convenient. But I'll agree a #12 spot is good for Gn'R. That should help sales a bit and expose more people to the album who may or may not like it. Being on a  top whatever list isn't  a bad thing.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Bono wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Bono is CD good or not?

It's average in my opinion. All I'm saying is if sales don't matter than this isn't a gage either cause the only ones voting are Gn'R fans. They stuffed a ballot box so to speak. I mean thinsg can't mater if they only reflect positively. If it wasn't mentioned nobody would say cause it wasn't god they'd just say sales were poor 16  Is just using things a s they're convenient. But I'll agree a #12 spot is good for Gn'R. That should help sales a bit and expose more people to the album who may or may not like it. Being on a  top whatever list isn't  a bad thing.

I see what you're saying.  If sales were higher you could understand the top 5 billing, but if SO many people like the album why aren't sales higher?  So it is probably a little bit of ballot stuffing.  Nothing wrong with that, I approve.  I didn't take part in this one however.  Not for lack of trying.  I went to the site to vote but it wouldn't let me for some reason.  The "vote" button was nowhere to be found.

Paxcow

Paxcow wrote:
warriorpriestess wrote:
Paxcow wrote:
KDOGCRUEHEAD wrote:

HA! tell everyone who called you gay! oh never mind let's not start the drama again wink JUST KIDDING everyone, i'm actually paxcow's stalker. and harasser. LOL. if you only knew...:butt:

but seriously i totally agree. 5

Crue has some VERY good songs but nowhere near the level of Guns' output in the quality department.

true that, i could say about a lot of bands. roll

and hey! hella kudos to RS for actually having the taste and balls to go there. almost makes me want to subscribe again!

imho, Chinese Democracy is the first disc i've gotten ahold of in a while where I am actively enjoying every track and nothing gets cued past... 20

i can't tell. it's a secret. wink

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Bono wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

RS just released the READERS Top-30 list for 2008.... CD was #5 for the year. 22

My Chemical Romance were also a reader's top choice a few years back. If sales dont' mean anything when they are low than reader's choices don't mean shit either. All that means is the wack jobs who bought multiple copies(no offence to anyone 16 ) just voted for Gn'R cause it's "Gn'R" Let's be honest if CD wasn't a top Reader's Choice people would bitch it's cause nobody bought the album. But if nobody bought the album how could it be a top reader's choice?  It's people spamming the votes they way they do the NHL all-star game  14

I agree with you on the fact that the Reader's Choice Poll is not reliable.  It's a self-selecting poll.  A bunch of GNR fans went and voted over and over to try and get the album in the top spot, with the hope that it would be credible.

Board footer