You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: U2 - Acoustic Achtung Babies

Bono wrote:

http://www.u2.com/news/index.php?mode=full&news_id=2279

FUCK YEAH!!!!  9:mosh::mosh:

Even Slash and Buckethead think this is cool 21  bucket

Bono

Bono wrote:

This is wicked. I'm guessing mid January for a new single

Bono

Bono wrote:

Apparently U2 has already shot two videos for the album. They are gonna show the world how you promote an album and it's not gonna be some wack build up with some "monumental promotional campaigne" it's just gonna be flat out common sense. Yeah that's a little jab 14

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

they are gonna do 3 months promotion leading up to the album and prolly a single and video 2-3 weeks before the release and then a single and video to coincide with the release...thats my guess

i bet this album is huge...even though i prolly wont care much for it

any idea what direction they are goin in this time around bono?

Bono

Bono wrote:
Neemo wrote:

they are gonna do 3 months promotion leading up to the album and prolly a single and video 2-3 weeks before the release and then a single and video to coincide with the release...thats my guess

i bet this album is huge...even though i prolly wont care much for it

any idea what direction they are goin in this time around bono?

With them you can never tell what's true and what's hype. Normally though it's just Bono hypeing the thing but this time around the producers(Lanois and Eno) have been talking about how they feel it's the best work they've been involved with U2 and that includes Achtung Baby.  Daniel Lanois keeps saying it's pretty innovative for U2.  The Edge has said he's excited for it and he usually lets Bono do the talking. he's been using new distoprtion boxes and stuff. I know Bono has been sounding great the last 6 months or so. All I know is they claim to be going in a totally different direction than the last two albums. Alot of comparisons to the Joshua Tree - Achtung Baby transition  have been made. I'm trying not to buy into too much of the hype but it's hard. The album has been mentioned on radio for weeks around here. It's gonna be masive. 

As for singles I'll bet we hear a new single by mid-late January. Vertigo came out almost two months before the album last time so who knows. Rumors are that a tour will kick off in mid April so we'll see I guess.

Paxcow
 Rep: 5 

Paxcow wrote:

i am so sick of u2. they're good, but way too played out.

Bono

Bono wrote:
Paxcow wrote:

You better invest in a year supply of earplugs than cause you're gonna be hearing them alot and hearing about them alot. tongue 9

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Incredible news. Other than M.I.A.'s next record, this album was my most anticipated of 2009. 9

I like the subtle way they hyped this record. Just a few tidbits here and there over the past few years. Axl should take a page out of their playbook. A little bit of talk, all action. 16

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

I know I've spoken out against U2's backwards evolution on their last two albums, but as a longtime fan of the band that was at one time my absolute favorite, I am excited for this.

Paxcow
 Rep: 5 

Paxcow wrote:
Bono wrote:
Paxcow wrote:

You better invest in a year supply of earplugs than cause you're gonna be hearing them alot and hearing about them alot. tongue 9

this is why i rarely listen to the radio anymore. i love my ipod. 9

Board footer