You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: The Rant Thread

RussTCB wrote:

removed

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
Neemo wrote:

in Canada if the damage is over $1000 then you are supposed to call by Law

You would be stupid not to call no matter what. With out a police report the other driver can fuck you in the ass and get away with it.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Even with a police report, the other driver can fuck you.  When I was in high school, school had just let out and I was on my way home.  As I was driving down the street, my geometry teacher opens her drivers door as I'm driving by, catching her door on my rear bumper.  Since I was driving my dad's truck, I took her door clean off.  So we called the cops and they wrote in the report that she was at fault cause she opened her door into traffic, but to be nice, they didn't cite her a ticket.

I remember it was funny cause she called me over to the corner the next day to assure me that she wasn't going to hold the accident against me and I just laughed and said that thought had never crossed my mind.  She seemed insulted that I didn't worry that she could affect me in some way.

Anyway, my insurance said it was cut and dry since the diagram the cops drew on the report said and stated she was at fault.  But a month or two later, her insurance company is charging me for the damage saying that I drove a few inches from her door that was only cracked open an inch and that I was that close that I ripped off her door.  Of course the bitch english teacher that tried to get me expelled my senior year had to get involved and badmouth me in class (if there was ever someone I would take pleasure in snuffing, let me tell you....).  Long story short, I had to do a shitload of paperwork months later all because the original police report didn't actually fault my teacher cause they thought they were being nice. 

To this day I still think teacher's are the most pompous, overrated, sanctomonius sons of bitches on the earth.  All this talk about being underpaid, shit, those piece of shit work 9 months a fucking year and work 7 hour days.  It's not like they have a real fucking job anyway.  They get their lesson plans fucking handed to them.  All they do is say read chapter 5 and then sit on their ass for the next 45 minutes.  FUcking waste of time and space.  The most audacious aspect of the american education system is guidance counselors.  GUIDANCE COUNSELORS?!  are you fucking kidding me?  These are fucks who left high school for 4 years to go party and fuck away from mom and dad at state U and return to their alma mater large and in charge.  What fucking world experience and advice do these dipshits have to give the youth of ameirca.  Not one fucking thing.  God damn that aggitates me.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:
Neemo wrote:

in Canada if the damage is over $1000 then you are supposed to call by Law

You would be stupid not to call no matter what. With out a police report the other driver can fuck you in the ass and get away with it.

Also alot of mechanics(at least here in Alberta) won't work on a  vehicle that has over $1000 damage without the police report/sticker saying it's been delt with.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Anyway, my insurance said it was cut and dry since the diagram the cops drew on the report said and stated she was at fault.  But a month or two later, her insurance company is charging me for the damage saying that I drove a few inches from her door that was only cracked open an inch and that I was that close that I ripped off her door.

insurance policies in canada have something in it where they deal with the battles between insurance companies...

a year and a half a go...maybe 2 years ago when i got into that accident and i rear ended someone, my broker told me that they were sorting out some medical expenses with the party i hit but that it wasnt something that i needed to worry about

and my wife just got into an accident a month ago or so...at first we werent going to report it cuz we couldnt afford for our insurance to go up then after talking to my broker "off the record" we found it was better to report it cuz it seemed my wife wasnt at fault ... it was a nail bitign couple days but they ended up deeming the other guy at fault cuz he ran a stop sign into oncoming traffic (which was my wife) so his insurance was the one who picked up the bill ... we didnt even have to pay our deductable (thank god) and our policy premiums will not increase (agan thank god)... but my broker said that if we didnt report it...even if we werent at fault then there would be all kinds of headaches to prove that we werent at fault

but yeah its the job of insurance companies up here to deal with all the bullshit for a claim...unless you dont report it then you are gonna have  to do the legwork yourself

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

To this day I still think teacher's are the most pompous, overrated, sanctomonius sons of bitches on the earth.  All this talk about being underpaid, shit, those piece of shit work 9 months a fucking year and work 7 hour days.  It's not like they have a real fucking job anyway.  They get their lesson plans fucking handed to them.  All they do is say read chapter 5 and then sit on their ass for the next 45 minutes.  FUcking waste of time and space.  The most audacious aspect of the american education system is guidance counselors.  GUIDANCE COUNSELORS?!  are you fucking kidding me?  These are fucks who left high school for 4 years to go party and fuck away from mom and dad at state U and return to their alma mater large and in charge.  What fucking world experience and advice do these dipshits have to give the youth of ameirca.  Not one fucking thing.  God damn that aggitates me.

God bless you. One of the truest statements i've ever read in my life. I know it overly generalizes all teachers, but I have only met maybe 2-3 good ones, out of hundreds. And even in college, it's mixed. There's good ones, and there's bad ones.

You'd also be intrigued to know how many of your teachers, especially the female ones, were among what they deemed the popular crowd in school. Many of them cheerleaders. Yes, even the fat ones. They weren't always fat.

Same for the men. Notice how many of them that coach the football team, have some "Al Bundy / Polk High" type memory of glory, and were on the football team themselves?

I've come to the conclusion, that what happened to these people is they were legends in their own mind, that got outside of that high school legend of their's, and as soon as they were 2 months out of high school, they quickly discovered that no one gives a flying fuck about them. So they go to college, to party and meet boys/chicks... well guess what? College is a big place, full of a varying age of people... and they don't like immature little punks. Although alot of people party in college, the vast majority of the student populus, is there to learn, and move on. That's what makes college OWN high school on every level. It's much more business, serious, and real. I respect the hell out of that, and it's made college a much smoother transition, than high school was.

These kids soon discover they are no longer big fish in a small pond, but in fact are little minnows in an ocean. Nobody gives a fuck what you did in high school.

Alot of them then opt for, and yes this is true... the EASIEST DEGREE TO GET OF THEM ALL - teacher. Because of that, it's also the quickest. Some can finish in only 3 years, without going in the summer. They then take that degree, and return to the only world they were ever accepted or felt powerful - school, particularly high school. They then turn into the true facist nazis they are, and get their little rocks off on bullying and screwing over children. And people are worried about teachers sleeping with 16 year olds? I would've begged for a teacher like that, because at least she's satisfying me. I was never satisfied otherwise, and never taught either. So where's the upside? I guess getting screwed creates character.

So they sit back and push kids around, and make their lives all around difficult, simply so they can feel that power, they had when they were 16 back. Then they sit back and gripe about how they don't make any money... well you do kind of have HALF of the fuckin' year OFF. And you do only work 7 hour days. And you do get every little holiday off. And you do get four weeks PAID off during those 7 months, almost an entire month for no work. Thanksgiving, Christmas, Spring Break.

And pompous... you wouldn't believe. I can remember being in high school, and the little pussies they were (the women, not the men) wanted their students to pack away ALL of their stuff at the end of the school year, so it'd be packed and ready for the next school year.

Well that's not in my job description - bitch. So, why did they do this? Because they turn off the AC during the summer, and it's hot in there. That was the reason for the slave labor. Because their LAZY ASS didn't want to sweat for an hour to pack their own shit. They get half the year off, and they still want a little more. And then, if you say something to them, and complain - they threaten to fail you. Yeah. I refused, and told them straight up if they failed me, they would hear from my lawyer by the end of the week, and I wasn't fucking kidding around..

They complied, and left me alone.

I could rant about a billion other thing bullshit things they did, but I couldn't agree with you more Randall. The most overrated people on Earth. It doesn't take knowledge to teach children, it takes compassion, and rarely do any of them have it.

I've had friends and family become teachers... and they are of the same personality I mentioned above. It's the constant Us against Them attitude. I'm fine with that. If you want a continuing Teachers vs. Students war, you'll get one. And the day that a kid is pointing that loaded gun at your head, ask yourself this question - "was it worth it?" Sig Heil mother fucker.

And guidance counselors, bwwhahahahaha... the lunch room ladies & janitors are more beneficial and contributing to the school than those losers.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I have had a lot of great teachers, and I do wish the profession was more profitable, because maybe then there'd be better ones throughout the country. A great teacher can do amazing things for the students in their class, and have a higher importance and workload than most respect, but a lot of regions and schools are stuck with bad teachers who barely deserve the job they have, much less any extra benefits.

Guidance Counselors do suck though, I'll give you that.

Paxcow
 Rep: 5 

Paxcow wrote:
Communist China wrote:

I have had a lot of great teachers, and I do wish the profession was more profitable, because maybe then there'd be better ones throughout the country. A great teacher can do amazing things for the students in their class, and have a higher importance and workload than most respect, but a lot of regions and schools are stuck with bad teachers who barely deserve the job they have, much less any extra benefits.

Guidance Counselors do suck though, I'll give you that.

i totally agree with this. 5

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

God bless you. One of the truest statements i've ever read in my life. I know it overly generalizes all teachers, but I have only met maybe 2-3 good ones, out of hundreds. And even in college, it's mixed. There's good ones, and there's bad ones.

You'd also be intrigued to know how many of your teachers, especially the female ones, were among what they deemed the popular crowd in school. Many of them cheerleaders. Yes, even the fat ones. They weren't always fat.

Same for the men. Notice how many of them that coach the football team, have some "Al Bundy / Polk High" type memory of glory, and were on the football team themselves?

I've come to the conclusion, that what happened to these people is they were legends in their own mind, that got outside of that high school legend of their's, and as soon as they were 2 months out of high school, they quickly discovered that no one gives a flying fuck about them. So they go to college, to party and meet boys/chicks... well guess what? College is a big place, full of a varying age of people... and they don't like immature little punks. Although alot of people party in college, the vast majority of the student populus, is there to learn, and move on. That's what makes college OWN high school on every level. It's much more business, serious, and real. I respect the hell out of that, and it's made college a much smoother transition, than high school was.

These kids soon discover they are no longer big fish in a small pond, but in fact are little minnows in an ocean. Nobody gives a fuck what you did in high school.

Alot of them then opt for, and yes this is true... the EASIEST DEGREE TO GET OF THEM ALL - teacher. Because of that, it's also the quickest. Some can finish in only 3 years, without going in the summer. They then take that degree, and return to the only world they were ever accepted or felt powerful - school, particularly high school. They then turn into the true facist nazis they are, and get their little rocks off on bullying and screwing over children. And people are worried about teachers sleeping with 16 year olds? I would've begged for a teacher like that, because at least she's satisfying me. I was never satisfied otherwise, and never taught either. So where's the upside? I guess getting screwed creates character.

So they sit back and push kids around, and make their lives all around difficult, simply so they can feel that power, they had when they were 16 back. Then they sit back and gripe about how they don't make any money... well you do kind of have HALF of the fuckin' year OFF. And you do only work 7 hour days. And you do get every little holiday off. And you do get four weeks PAID off during those 7 months, almost an entire month for no work. Thanksgiving, Christmas, Spring Break.

And pompous... you wouldn't believe. I can remember being in high school, and the little pussies they were (the women, not the men) wanted their students to pack away ALL of their stuff at the end of the school year, so it'd be packed and ready for the next school year.

Well that's not in my job description - bitch. So, why did they do this? Because they turn off the AC during the summer, and it's hot in there. That was the reason for the slave labor. Because their LAZY ASS didn't want to sweat for an hour to pack their own shit. They get half the year off, and they still want a little more. And then, if you say something to them, and complain - they threaten to fail you. Yeah. I refused, and told them straight up if they failed me, they would hear from my lawyer by the end of the week, and I wasn't fucking kidding around..

They complied, and left me alone.

I could rant about a billion other thing bullshit things they did, but I couldn't agree with you more Randall. The most overrated people on Earth. It doesn't take knowledge to teach children, it takes compassion, and rarely do any of them have it.

I've had friends and family become teachers... and they are of the same personality I mentioned above. It's the constant Us against Them attitude. I'm fine with that. If you want a continuing Teachers vs. Students war, you'll get one. And the day that a kid is pointing that loaded gun at your head, ask yourself this question - "was it worth it?" Sig Heil mother fucker.

And guidance counselors, bwwhahahahaha... the lunch room ladies & janitors are more beneficial and contributing to the school than those losers.

You guys are on crack. I have freinds who are teachers in middle school and highschool. I myself used to be a substitute teacher. Your opinions here reak of nothing more than highschoolers(or former highschoolers) who have never seen any other side of the teacher than the one they see from 8:00am- 3:30 pm. You guys are talking just like the guy who has never delt with a  cop in his life but due to one speeding ticket he hates all "pigs"  Did you mention the teachers that coach sports in their free time? Did you take into account the prep work that teachers put into getting ready for the school year and each day? No they don't just get their lesson plans handed to them.  I'm not saying all teachers are perfect. I had my share of dumb fucking teachers but I had a lot of great ones too.  Trust me there are alot of teachers who care a great deal about thier job and their students and do the very best they can. Alot of them are amazing people who for whatever reason decided to put up with so much shit from so many kids. You think teachers are pieces of shit well try and sit in their place for a few weeks and you'll see how many pieces of shit kids there are out there who make teaching a real drag at times. Trust me dealing with kids can be the hardest thing to do in life sometimes. You act like teachers are lazy cunts with no ability to work a "real" job. Trust me I know alot of teachers who have seriously considerd quiting to go do some labour work. Does tat qualifya s a real job?  My best friend is a teacher. Worked his ass off in school for nearly 8 years to get all his degress. He tought for 3 years and loved it. One year the kids in his grade 9 class made him reevaluate his career choice.  He's one of the coolest people I have ever known and the furthest thing from what you guys have described here. He worked in concrete while going to school to make money to pay for it. Lazy cunt? Teaching is a hard job and an extremely important one. Generalizing all teachers the way you guys have is flat out dumb.

dr_love6977
 Rep: 38 

dr_love6977 wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Well, let me just say that you are a fucking idiot. My fiance's a teacher, and let me tell you, it's hard work. They don't put in 7 hours a day. My fiance goes to work at 7 am and doesn't get home till about 6. She does a lot of work at home too. They are underpaid for what they have to deal with. They don't get handed their lesson plans, and they have to put up with kids that are pretty shitty like I'm sure you were in school. Don't get your fucking panties in a bunch because you obviously didn't learn shit in school. Go back and check your spelling and grammar you stupid fucking cocksucker.

Board footer