You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

Re: Fortus: GNR tour should begin in late March '09

BLS-Pride wrote:

I heard on the radio so I don't know how true but they said NIN and a Rage Against the Machine tour was rumored for 2009. So who knows about Robin.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I've said it before... Robin is finished with GN'R. I think the proof was the fact when the album was being released, he bailed.

I'm hoping for a Bucket return. Axl is willing to work with him again, and after his reading the boards, and visiting, he fully understands how popular he is with the new GN'R crowd. I think they'll try everything they can to get him back, and if it doesn't work out, then they'll approach someone new imo.

Sky Dog wrote:

I thought the NIN tour was done in the Spring and they were through for awhile. ...I think anything is possible at this point as far as band members go. I wouldn't rule anyone in or out as none of them are really "in" at this point. Axl said he considers the bandmembers as the people who are on the record. So, any combo of them would be fine with me.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

I think its funny how he calls this a band yet can think about people coming and going as it suits them regardless of "gnr`s" needs, and even funnier he can call back someone who left
its a band of convenience, axls..

Sky Dog wrote:

dude, it ain't changing back to the old way EVER again....might as well get use to it or simply and better yet, go find another artist to support. Once you get in your 40's, you become pretty set in your ways. Trust me, I know.:peace:

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Actually I think it's much more the BAND's convenience, than it is Axl's.

Think about it. Axl could just live off of royalties. I think he let's them do other things, so they can make money and make music, when he KNOWS GN'R is currently 'offline'. When he's ready to kick it back up, he calls them. I'm sure they like the music, but even without that - there's still some money to be made.

It might be Axl's convenience, but the band is getting some bread and fame out of it too. The media & buttsore fans refer to it as 'touring with Axl's solo band'. In Axl's eyes, it's Guns N' Roses guitarist Richard Fortus. Or Guns N' Roses guitarist Ron Thal. And they're treated as such. Otherwise, I don't think the effort would been made to MAKE SURE that everyone that contributed to the album over the last decade, still had a little piece on the album. Some dating all the way back to Paul & Bucket, and as recent as Ron & Frank.

If he didn't give a shit, he'd simply just released the 2001 album, and toured with 50% different artists performing the music.

It might be when Axl gets ready, but the band I think enjoys that paycheck too.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

You don't really think this is going to happen, do you?  Maybe 2 years touring other places, but the US isn't interested.  I just got back from south Florida for Christmas and my brother in law is close friends with a best buy manager.  He called to ask if I'd be interested in buying CD for $4.99 and I told him no.  He couldn't fill a tour in the US when there was mistique and now he's going to when there is no mistique or interest in the album?  Fat chance.

I like how people assume that they know everything going on in the GN'R world,I don't even think Fortus knows anything that has to do with this "band".

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

You don't really think this is going to happen, do you?  Maybe 2 years touring other places, but the US isn't interested.  I just got back from south Florida for Christmas and my brother in law is close friends with a best buy manager.  He called to ask if I'd be interested in buying CD for $4.99 and I told him no.  He couldn't fill a tour in the US when there was mistique and now he's going to when there is no mistique or interest in the album?  Fat chance.

Oh I completely agree. I don't think the U.S. will see GN'R for quite sometime, and even when they do I think it'll be only major city shows.

ereeper
 Rep: 14 

ereeper wrote:

I would love a US small theatre round to warm up for all those European Festivals.

Board footer