You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: "Better" starting to gain MASSIVE steam..

buzzsaw wrote:

If people wanted to get the album, they can get it easily (and now cheaply) enough.  Quit using best buy as an excuse.

axlcrazy
 Rep: 4 

axlcrazy wrote:
madagas wrote:
Bono wrote:
madagas wrote:

It just seems like too personal of a record to catch on with the masses.

How personal the album is has absolutely NOTHING to do with catching on with the masses. Personal albums have caught on with the masses in the past, they do so today and they will do so in the future.  It's not like people are hearing CD or Better on radio and thinking "Gee Axl's really baring his soul. Sounds like a  real personal album I think I'll avoid it"  I've never heard of an album being too personal that it hurts album sales. That's pretty ridiculous.

maybe so...my original point remains album sales are driven by singles and Axl's singles aren't connecting so far.:/

I don't think U can say the singles are not connecting. Maybe "Chinese Democracy" because the Radio played it so much.  But we all know "Better" is the one that has the best chance to connect, but it's not really getting a fair chance to succeed.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
strat0 wrote:

Del?

joke

russtcb wrote:

I'd just like to hear it on the radio more than the once I have so far.

I haven't heard it on the radio once, and i've been listening since it was released. I haven't heard CD since early-December.

It's been weird in Detroit. They play CD several times a day and they always make a point to talk about how popular the album is. It's very strange. But I've only heard Better once ever and it was at 6 or 7 in the morning.

You guys must not listen to the right stations 14
As i've said before here they play both a few times a day.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

If people wanted to get the album, they can get it easily (and now cheaply) enough.  Quit using best buy as an excuse.

Other artists, who are big names with big promotions like Christia Agulera have been burned by the same deal. If its not Walmart its not going to work. We both know if it was available everywhere it would have sold more. It wouldn't have been huge but it would have sold much better. So get off the bullshit express already.

And if Better isn't a progressive rock song I don't know what is.

GNRBABY
 Rep: 4 

GNRBABY wrote:

oh god the sky is falling oh god what a failure GNR is! OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!! Music isn't vaild unless "the beautiful people" say it's so. Oh look how Taylor Swift beat out GNR - now Taylor Swift is a real rock n roll hero!! She isn't flavor of the month or anything....GNR didn't have their hey-day when most of you where 5 years old or anything!! wah wah wah what a failure! OMG!

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

when vr had their success, gnr was not such a distant memory. People still wanted gnr but they had disbanded so the fans took vr instead cause it was better than nothing.

Young people today, although most of them may have heard the name gnr, don't know what they are missing.

you can't compare vr's success several years ago with cd's success several weeks ago and turn a blind eye to this fact, along with the a fore mentioned: increased downloading trends, increased financial restraints, and most importantly the exclusive availability to an appliance store that most people rarely visit and many need to plan road trips to do so.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

How about the fact most people, including most DJ's don't want to call this GNR because they don't think its GNR and because of that they won't buy the album out of spite because they view this as a fake and not authentic.  I just heard CD on the radio and after the song the DJ said "you may wish to call this Guns N' Roses, I do not".....  AC/DC and Metallica both sound like AC/DC and Metallica and have familiar faces in the band.  All Axl had to do was be Axl Rose just like Ozzy Osbourne was and he would have been huge and still have the GNR thing in his back pocket.  So there is really only one person you can blame for all this and its Axl, because everything done so far is exactly how he wanted it.  He didn't want to not call this GNR.  He didn't want to promote.  He doesn't want to plan a tour.  He doesn't want to work stuff out with Slash and Duff.  He has no songs with no catchy riffs.....

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

At least Taylor Swift makes money.

OUCH. That's gotta sting.

BurningHills
 Rep: 15 

BurningHills wrote:
GNRBABY wrote:

oh god the sky is falling oh god what a failure GNR is! OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!! Music isn't vaild unless "the beautiful people" say it's so. Oh look how Taylor Swift beat out GNR - now Taylor Swift is a real rock n roll hero!! She isn't flavor of the month or anything....GNR didn't have their hey-day when most of you where 5 years old or anything!! wah wah wah what a failure! OMG!

Taylor sure is beautiful, and friendly as hell too!

Would now be a bad time to mention that she hugged me when I met her? 11

Board footer