You are not logged in. Please register or login.

the_real_jessica
 Rep: 22 

Re: The Rant Thread

Jesus, all this is doing my head in, i'm at work and it's too long to read.

I'm actually very happy, so nothing to moan about or share.

the_real_jessica
 Rep: 22 

Oh actually, today i do :

it DOES feel good when people piss you off and when you finally tell them off.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

I am getting sick and fucking tired of all the God damned snow.  It's like every other night that i find myself having to park in the road while i get out and shovel my driveway just so i can make it up it.  Hell, most of the roads in my town are now down to one lane because of all the fucking snow. 

There was a Rosaurs whose roof collapsed because of how much snow there is.  A Wal-Mart has been closed for 3 days now because of the roof bowing down.  And the place where i work didn't open until 3 hours later that it usually does because the roof was bowing- in fact it still is but the engineers say it's the way the place was built. 

Spring can not come quick enough.  We're not supposed to get snow for the next two days, but to make up for that, it's going to be cold as Hell, and then when it warms up we're going to get hammered with snow again.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

So I get bored, allot.  Anyway,  I've decided that I'm going to buy a dog when I return to the world.  My dog is getting older and lives with my parents in Ohio and I think it's time to buy one of my own.  So i've been browsing animal shelters online.  Now I'm not one of those wackos who think evil incarnate takes form at Petland and other Petstores that sell pure breed dogs.  The way I look at it is that there are plenty of people willing to walk into a Pet Store and buy a cute beagle puppy, not so many are willing to walk to the animal shelter and adopt and abandoned mutt.  So rather than buy a popular puppy, why not save an animal is my line of thought.

Now I understand the idea of these Shelters doing a little screening to make sure that the person adopting the animal isn't some sick fuck who fucks animals, murders them or leaves them tied to a tree outside to fend for itself.  But some of these requests and expectations are fucking nuts.  Some of these shelters want to inspect your home, have you agree to let them "check-in" on you and your dog and basically run a full background check with a DNA sample and prostate exam.  There expectations are somewhat unrealistic.  Some of these places want you to agree to have someone home with the dog 24/7.  There is a big difference between leaving a dog by itself for days and going to work for 10 hours while the Dog stays at home.  It's like do you want these dogs to have a reasonable hope of being adopted so that they don't get a dose of death or would you rather me just outright lie and say I hit the powerball and have 100 million in the bank and will provide professional cooks and trainers to monitor the dog at every waking moment.

I'm a dog lover, but some of these wackjobs need drug into the street and shot.  They just don't get it and take themselves way too fucking serious.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Yeah some of the shelters are crazy what they expect. I got a dog last year from a shelter and they were pretty reasonable, just a few photos of the house and then they requested a couple of updates on the dog, a few weeks and a few months on. Someone was meant to be coming round to check on her (the dog) and us but cos the shelter's so far away and the updates were good they didn't bother. From what I can gather that's about the most easy going a shelter you'll find as well. We got a german shepherd/border collie cross and you couldn't ask for a better dog imo.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

I've heard that it's very difficult in Canada (and as it seems in the US, too) to adopt a dog from an animal shelter. Here in Hungary the shelter's are full and they are so far over their capacity and potential in every aspect, that it's very easy to get a dog. However I really support those who adopt a dog, cause in the past thousand years they've become really dependant from humans and most dogs are true-hearted friends of us. They don't deserve the treatment a lot of them get.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

^because there are jackasses who abuse the animals or that pit fight them etc etc...its ass backwards over here where people worry more about pets than they do about people, but adopting a pet over here you need to fill out umpteen forms and then someone comes and interviews you, and background checks etc etc you'd be better off to go to someone who sells dogs from a new litter randall

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Yeah, one of the family's friends went out to live in Canada like 20 years ago. She's now in her early 60s, with a husband, who is a veterinarian. Their dog died at the age of 13 or 14, yet they had to go through a very very long process to adopt a dog. She said it'd have been easier to just go to a pet shop and buy one, but they wanted to help out a miserable dog. More power to this kind of people.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

^^And I don't know about there but here in Florida you have to pay like $100 in shelter fees.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
strat0 wrote:

^^And I don't know about there but here in Florida you have to pay like $100 in shelter fees.

Some friends of mine from near Chicago said it was closer to 300 or so.  That's why they just went ahead and bought a pure-bred lab.

Board footer