You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Lars Comments on "Better" Video

Axlin16 wrote:

Actually neither of you guys are wrong.

There isn't a "conspiracy", but the media hating Axl is age-old, and as I said earlier, the media has conditioned the public as to what they should think.

But Mikka is right too, Axl apparently wants to bury this bad boy, and pretend it never existed. The publicity has been non-existant, no videos are coming, and if you think a second album is on the way, i've got ocean front property in Arizona to sell you.

I, like so many others, never thought 2 months after CD's release, the GN'R landscape would feel like the 1995-1998/2005 era. But that's the way it's went down.

I don't think Axl doesn't care about the record, I think he's a man that refuses to play the media's game with them, even if it sinks his own ship, and in a weird way.... I kind of respect the man for it.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Axlin08 I agree with most of what you said, but as for the no chance on future albums.  I don't think you can say that with full confidence.  I mean, I think we all seriously doubted for some time that we'd ever see Chinese Democracy.  But it did finally come out.  So while it may not appear like a very promising time right now, things can quicly turn on a dime.  And also this is nothing close to being similar to the 1995-98 era or 2005.  We have the album for heaven's sake.  Don't forget that.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

What advantage? Axl plays the poor little girl all the time, be it a riot, a no-show, a failed tour, a failed album, a leaving band member or non-existant video. Ridiculous.

I love how the album is failed in so many people's eyes.  That record is such a piece of shit I can see why no one likes it.  Every track is worse than the next! Fuck why didn't I just save up and buy the deluxe limited editions of the new Hinder and Fall Out Boy cds!  Now THOSE albums were a total smash success!  God I love those bands!

Honestly, if you are going to use that criteria for judging albums now a days, then Nickelback beats just about anyone out of the water. 

And you should be able to see that the media has it out for Axl.  CD has been a huge joke for years, and Axl seems to have become a joke himself as well.  The problem is not a lot of djs gave this album a chance.  I heard a lot of them make jokes and criticize the song before even playing it.  How is that fair?

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

It's fair because Axl did the things that lead to people thinking the album and Axl himself are a joke.  It's self imposed.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
faldor wrote:

Axlin08 I agree with most of what you said, but as for the no chance on future albums.  I don't think you can say that with full confidence.  I mean, I think we all seriously doubted for some time that we'd ever see Chinese Democracy.  But it did finally come out.  So while it may not appear like a very promising time right now, things can quicly turn on a dime.  And also this is nothing close to being similar to the 1995-98 era or 2005.  We have the album for heaven's sake.  Don't forget that.

True, but in 1995-98, we had TSI, and weren't that far removed from UYI I & II. Plus we got Live Era in '99.

2005 was probably the darkest, but only the album being currently available really slightly alters the climate.

And I agree with buzz too. The media may be a bunch of cunts, but Axl's behavior makes HIMSELF a magnet for alot of this.

skippy
 Rep: 33 

skippy wrote:

I think the media treats Axl respectfully for what a cunt he behaves like.
I read many positive reviews of the album for the music.  Many more than I expected to see and read.

I was a huge fan of this guy, put up with petulent shit back in the day, grew up myself, and realized, "Axl IS a pussy."  It's not the media, it's not old band members.  It's him.  And it's indisputable.

There's  people who take no responsibility for their actions, place people on pedestals, kick them off the pedestal, claim their daddy touched them, etc.

They either end up in jail or go through lives as victims.

They are called "Borderline Personalities", and they are generally women.

We've all dated these bitches from hell, or at least had some kinky sex with them to the point that they think we are dating.

Axl's behavior and silence is right in line with this.  He thinks he's punishing us right now, but in reality, we lost interest a long time ago.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Ouch!

Incoming!

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Holy shit Skip, WHAT A POST!

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Skippy, wow, talking about calling it like you see it?  GREAT POST!

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Cunt? Really. That wasn't really needed but I like your fire 16. You feel what you feel. I personally don't think he is trying to "punish" us. I think he is just going to do shit the way he wants to and that is that. Maybe something else is holding it up. I wouldn't call Axl Rose a "pussy" maybe a "bitch" about certain things that you or I would have reacted or acted differently but that's who he is. I for one never will or understand how people think they know what is really going on in Axl's mind or how shit really went down between the old band. We have different sides to the story and like someone posted the truth is somewhere in the middle and none of us know it.

Board footer