You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

Axl S wrote:
Synyster Gates wrote:

I AM BEOWULF.

Beowulf is a kickass movie, especially in 3D.

And you get to see Angelina Jolie nekkid!

Check it out.

Yeah but it's 3D Jolie isn't it?

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:
Axl S wrote:
Synyster Gates wrote:

I AM BEOWULF.

Beowulf is a kickass movie, especially in 3D.

And you get to see Angelina Jolie nekkid!

Check it out.

Yeah but it's 3D Jolie isn't it?

It is a nonissue.

She still looks good.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Watched Visitor Q again last night. What a mindfuck.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

I went to see Shrooms yesterday at the cinema. I was a little dissapointed with it because I think it had the potential to be great but they kind of fucked it up, which is a shame. I think the concept and idea and potential were great and if done right I honestly think could have been a classic. Unfortunately it was let down by pretty piss weak charaters, fairly bad actors and by the end the big 'twist' had become kind of obvious, there were several parts of the film that didn't make much sense either, actions from characters that were necessary to keep the plot moving, were just unbelievable. The film was obviously low budget so I suppose it was quite good considering however I couldn't help wondering what might have been. A better writer and a bigger budget and I think this could have been a classic.

The brief outline of the plot is 6, 20 somethings go camping in Ireland during Shroom season to get high. They camp in woods said to be haunted by the few survivors of a nearby boarding school massacre numerous years previously. The characters all get high and start to trip and the bloodbath begins. The catch being are they tripping, are they not, is what they are experiencing real or isn't it? There's some good ideas in it but I just think it was executed poorly.

I'd say if you're a horror fan you'll probably enjoy it but might feel a little frustrated at how it pans out. Anybody else seen it?

James

James wrote:

No, I haven't watched it yet but it had some buzz in the horror communities. I think I'll skip it, or maybe download it.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Have you heard much about a film called Pathology? I've seen a couple of trailors to it now and it looks pretty interesting, I'll definately be checking it out when it's released.

James

James wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I'm gonna watch "I Know Who Killed Me" before work tomorrow.

That movie is terrible. When I took my cousin to the fair earlier this year, we had a couple hours to kill until it opened. We went to the theater and watched that. Awful. Lohan is probably the worst actress of this generation(yeah, worse than Hilton), and the plot is just really bland.

APE, I haven't heard of Pathology.

James

James wrote:
russtcb wrote:

DAMNIT. I already downloaded it. Are the strip scenes worth at least watching?

No.

Watch it anyways and post your review in this thread. I've yet to see someone who likes this film though.

I just got through watching Beautiful Girls a bit earlier. I've seen it a number of times over the years. The overall movie is very average, but the subplot involving Will and Marty(Timothy Hutton and Natalie Portman) is amazing. I still cant believe Portman didn't get nominated for a Best Supporting Actress Oscar. I can understand her not winning, but she should have been nominated.

James

James wrote:

I'm amazed that someone in Hollywood even gave the green light for that script. I felt ashamed putting money in their pocket when I went and watched it. I have a feeling that Lohan wanted to do some type of thriller, and since all good thrillers actually have talent attached to them, they dug this script out of their shit pile and stamped "Lohan" on the cover.

When the Lohan backlash happened, she started getting the shit scripts because Hollywood wasn't gonna risk putting her in something big. People, even Lohan fans, should avoid anything she does in the future because it will just be B movies with her name attached.

When this film bombed, Hollywood execs even said her career was toast. There was a big article about it in Entertainment Weekly a few months back.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

I watched the first half of Oceans 13 this past weekend.  If you have the chance to watch this movie...dont.  Its was horrible.  I could only sit through the first hour.  I cant put my finger on exactly what I found wrong with the movie.  But I think part of it was, they all just seemed so damn pretentious.  I'm sure it wasn't meant to come off that way, but it just seemed like there were certain scenes that were there for no other reason but to make sure you realized exactly how cool Brad Pitt or George Clooney are.

Board footer