You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Re: Chinese Democracy Elimination Round 8

Olorin wrote:

I picked ITW cause it sucks fucking ass.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
war wrote:

are people changing their mind on these songs as we go or are different people voting per round?

I think it's a case of a good majority of the voters voting similar, while a small fray has a concrete foundation of 1 particular song.

In other words, a group of 15 may have voted for SOD, and 8 voted of Prostitute. Then the 15 voted for CD, and again only 8 or so voted for Prostitute.. Now something similar is happening with CITR.. ITW this time, maybe something else next.

yeah that's basically the only reasonable explanation i could come up with but you would think the people that voted off last round's song would be more spread out. prostitute had far more votes than the third place song and was right up there with the first place song and yet it survived so many rounds like that. there's gotta be a little bit of pack mentality in there as well. some of the songs that are still alive were the most bitched about songs when the album came out where as some of the ones that were eliminated early i thougt were more popular than that.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I wanted ITW out early but you all picked off my favourites first. Now I circle the sky waiting to pick off the weak ones.

4 of the ones left I'd happily bin before mulling over the 2 remaining.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
faldor wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

If The World. Can't believe it's still here, it shows the quality of the whole album. CITR comes next.

Once again, that's YOUR opinion.  I think "If The World" is great.  I can't believe it's getting so many votes.

You're really going to argue over his post?  Never once in that post does he say he is speaking for others.  He is stating his opinion, which he is fully entitled to speak.  Arguing over what wording he should use to not offend you and make it seem like he's trying to speak for you is a waste of time. He clearly isn't speaking for you- you have made your opinion on this matter entirely clear.

Unless someone says "i am speaking for everyone" (or something along those lines), then everything they post is their opinion. That's the brilliance of the human mind. 16

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Saikin wrote:
faldor wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

If The World. Can't believe it's still here, it shows the quality of the whole album. CITR comes next.

Once again, that's YOUR opinion.  I think "If The World" is great.  I can't believe it's getting so many votes.

You're really going to argue over his post?  Never once in that post does he say he is speaking for others.  He is stating his opinion, which he is fully entitled to speak.  Arguing over what wording he should use to not offend you and make it seem like he's trying to speak for you is a waste of time. He clearly isn't speaking for you- you have made your opinion on this matter entirely clear.

Unless someone says "i am speaking for everyone" (or something along those lines), then everything they post is their opinion. That's the brilliance of the human mind. 16

Point taken.  My appologies.  I get a little sensitive sometimes, that's all.  Especially when people continually trash the album/Axl.  We get the point!

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

WTF!?!?! 14 votes for if the world? that song is amazing!
TIL NEEDS to go this week!

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

voting ends in about 12 hours

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

i'm actually surprised better is this popular. i think it's a good song but looks out of place next to the rest of these.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
war wrote:

i'm actually surprised better is this popular. i think it's a good song but looks out of place next to the rest of these.

Truth

Better is a good song, but I can't believe people prefer it to the 'epics'.

Better should've been gone last round, if not earlier.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

we all have different ideas what an epic is i guess smile

Board footer