You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Re: Street of Dreams to be 3rd Single?

Olorin wrote:

Some guy is claiming that Street Of Dreams is the next single and has posted the artwork on mygnr.

I think it looks a little fake, but I dunno, surely the days of people posting fake shit is over. The way he describes the radio edit, having a few snippets of piano solo moments cut out,  sounds quite plausible.

I think the song might do quite well, its over produced to my ears but I've played other versions of the song to death over the years. Joe public wont know of the stripped down version, "The Blues" in other words, and just take SOD as it is.

sod1wa3.jpg

sod2jk7.jpg

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

I've always thought SOD might do well. That's interesting.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Cover looks terrible. Looks like a cd I would have picked up at a flea market 20 years ago, but maybe that's the point. Using an Asian chick on it to keep with the chinese theme, so having it as a shit quality bootleg would fit with that theme as well.

There's zero point in this day and age releasing a single as a physical product if you aren't going to include B sides, whether its other album tracks, remixes, or unheard songs.

I'm not gonna buy it, although I'll buy the track on Itunes to help its chart position on that format.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

It looks fake. The chick looks like Bai Ling, too.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Whether it's fake or not, I fully expect it to be the next single. It ain't gonna do shit without a video and promo, though, so what's the point.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

I think its an interesting choice................... I think at this point, the 3rd single is THE MUST single and I am just not sure if SOD is that single.

I would've went "Sorry"

Von

Von wrote:

I do believe Street of Dreams will be the next single, yes. Like D-Machine, I also believe it's the wrong single. Maybe it'll be out in time for the Better video 16

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Whether it's fake or not, I fully expect it to be the next single. It ain't gonna do shit without a video and promo, though, so what's the point.

I agree. Better was released twice as a single, and didn't really do much. Fans are still waiting on a video for that, yet here comes the 3rd single. IF this is indeed true, that Better vid was scrapped.

I think its an interesting choice................... I think at this point, the 3rd single is THE MUST single and I am just not sure if SOD is that single.

The 3rd single is usually the cut off point for a lot of artists, and in cases of albums getting lukewarm receptions, they are written off after single number three fails to connect.

A lot is riding on this particular single if they have hopes for longevity. Going into this single half assed could create a disaster. I still think they should delay singles until a potential re-release.

If this gets the 'better' treatment, it will fall on deaf ears.

I would've went "Sorry"

Same here. I think that track deserves a shot before the album gets buried.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i think that packaging looks fake as hell

Von

Von wrote:

Does anyone else notice it's in a CD-R case? This thing is all sorts of fake.

Board footer