You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: Grammy Awards.

Bono wrote:

Whoa! What's with Thom Yorke being all rockstar and front manish tonight. Weird.  Didn't like their performance at all. They should've performed House of Cards

Radiohead has become so insanely overrated in my opinion. I was a huge Radiohead fan. Pablo Honey, The Bends, O.k. Computer were amazing albums.   Kid A got all this praise and it was decent but there were so many other bands in that genre doing that style of music at the time and doing it better. The albums that followed have all been very average in my opinion and In Rainbows was the cut off point for me. It's the first Radiohead album I never bought. They had strayed so far from what they were that when the album was offerd up for free I took it as a test and never felt compelled to buy it.  I don't knwo what to think of Radiohead anymore. Are they a creative influential band or are they just stuck up their own ass? I don't know but either way I don't like what they've become.

As for Katty Perry she's smokin' but looks WAY better when she's not all glamme up.

Bono

Bono wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Bono wrote:

Too bad she had to perform with those schmucks, Kanye, Little Wayne and T.I. Jay-Z is cool.

Well, she couldn't really be expected to perform at a high level. When she performs Paper Planes live, she usually climbs up the rafters. If she wasn't pregnant, she probably would have performed the song instead of that Swagga Like Us bullshit.

Oh it wasnt a shot against her I was just saying its too bad someone thought it was a good idea. She's good enough to perform on her own and not with hacks especially Little Wayne and T.I.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Did you guys ever hear Katy Perry's performance of "I Kissed A Girl" from her appearance on the Howard Stern Show?  I dug it.  Not a huge fan of her "music" but she's got a good voice and sounds real good on this version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ_o-T9cg2k

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

The Grammys suck tonight and only further the fact that the show has needed to get out of its own ass for a long time. Coldplay blows. U2's performance wasn't weak, Bono's vocals were. I think he just needs to get himself warmed up and back out there. Still a good tune and the Edge really picked up the slack. Kid Rock rocked live, as usual. I also don't get all the hate towards this guy. Kanye West's two performances were another highlight. I don't mind being his only fan on these boards, I just find it perplexing. Much kudos to M.I.A. for pulling it off on her due date like that. She's a cutie. Macca with Dave Grohl was cool, too. Overall, too many shit performances and too few awards. Metal gets relegated to a before the show handout so we can lick Coldplay's asshole all night long. That's classy. Oh yeah, and Katy Perry was hot.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I think people just don't know enough about Kid Rock, that's why they hate him.  They think he's some thug rap/rocker and fail to notice that his music is about as diverse as it gets.  If you listen to Rock N Roll Jesus you've got your rap/rock, ballads, country rock, straight up hard rock.  It's quite diverse, plus the guy can play all sorts of instruments.  He's really talented, I've tried telling some of my friends who think he's worthless but they just laugh at me.

The grammy's do suck, not that I expected them not to.  Who won the metal award anyway?  Does Joe Satriani get to share that grammy with Coldplay since they ripped Vida la Vida off him?  They could've at least thanked him in their acceptance speech.

And Katy Perry's hot in a not TOO hot kind of way.  I mean she doesn't look like she'd be famous simply for her looks like a Britney Spears.  She's actually got some talent.  And it almost looks like you could have a shot at her if you saw her in a bar or something, although let's be honest, no chance!  Maybe a year ago, but not now.

Bono

Bono wrote:

Just watching the replay now and I'm not a country fan and maybe I'm blinded by her hotness but I thought Carrie Underwood rocked pretty good.  And god she's hot. Nice legs 11

Also holy crap Coldplay sucked. Well I should say Chris Martin sucked. I've never heard that guy have a  good live vocal performance yet and he was totally gassed after one song.  I do not see Coldplay opening the Grammys ala U2 18 years from now. Unless they get a  new singer  14

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Von, I like Kanye and I've taken my licks here because of it.

Bono

Bono wrote:

Musically I don't dislike Kanye. I just think the guy is a douchebag.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer