You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Axl Rose Speaks to Billboard

Stop trying to stir shit just for the sake of it.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

slash fans on the defensive here -

a little bashing is ok - we bash axl, finck, etc. and they are in gnr.
why can't we bash past members?

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

I wasn't talking about everyone, obviously. But some guys are in that cathegory, for sure.

Word of advice: when insulting someone's intelligence, use spell check.

vintage buzz

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
Axl wrote:

I could see doing a song or so on the side with Izzy [Stradlin] or having him out [on tour] again. I'm not so comfortable with doing anything having more than one of the alumni. Maybe something with Duff [McKagan], but that's it, and not something I'd have to really get down into, as I'd get left with sorting it out and then blamed on top of it. So, no, not me

I found it interesting that Axl is willing to work with both Izzy and Duff again, though his comment about being "left to sort it" confused me somewhat. Izzy and Duff have worked together on and off throughout the years (117, Ride On + tour, River, The Project, numerous guest appearances, and more recently Concrete). If Duff steps in for bass duties on one of Izzys future albums all it takes is a phone call to see if Axls available ~ doesn't have to be complicated at all in that regard.

As for Axl being "blamed on top of it" I'm not really sure what he's expecting to be blamed for? Providing he shows up they're good to go 9 Six weeks after recording Izzy could have the album up on iTunes so lets hope its recorded under his name and not "GNR", just to be safe 16

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I found it strange as well. Duff is more than capable of sorting things out for himself. Honestly of all the "alumini", I'd wager Axl is least capable of getting things done.

Even Steven, when clean, can throw together a band, record and tour in next to no time.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Don't say anything about someone you are not prepared to say to his/hers face.

If I met Slash, would I say "the only riff I've liked since GNR is Slither".
Yes I would. It's a matter of taste. Slash gets annoyed, cuss me out and leaves? Says more about him than me. Maybe he's ok with it? Afterall, it's only music.

Who here would have the guts to meet Axl, shake his hand and then saying that he's crazy? Even so, actually have the balls to say "everything indicates your a fruitcase Axl". That's not about musical taste anymore is it? It's about a whole different thing all of a sudden.

Get my drift and see the difference? A musical taste is one thing, diagnozing people as crazy is a whole different ballgame and I still find it hard to belive people can be as STUPID as talking about stuff like that in public.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

probably because Duff and Izzy would be done with it after a couple weeks and Axl would want to tweak it for 3 years until it was "ready" ... by then the other two would say C-Ya!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Ironically, I could see Axl & Duff working on material together, but I think Izzy's doing something quite different from Axl.

Maybe Axl will start churning albums out quicker with the weight of this one slowly getting off his back.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

"There are acts that, once committed between individuals, they are what they are. To add insult to injury almost day after day, lapsing into year after year, for more than a decade, is a nightmare. Anyone putting his own personal entertainment above everything else is sickening."

So what has Slash done that is so bad?
Sued Axl?
So did Duff and Gilby and Steven - Axl has said he'd work with Duff and he spoke for hours to Gilby at the Staffuckers gig. Stevn is just to far off Axl's radar now but he is not the recipient of such venom.

Trashed Axl's name?
I think that interview with Izzy said more harsh stuff about Axl than Slash has ever said in 15 years. Slash was more than fair to Axl in his book. Slash admitted being very bitter about it all for years. Let's not forget who brought in the 'other guy' to play guitar over Slash's rhythm parts in Sympathy.
Matt has said some pretty nasty stuff and yet Axl spoke to Matt at length in NY in 2006.

Slash gets all the venom.
The more I see this saga roll the more convinced I am that Axl believes that Slash has no right to be out there talking about his work on AFD etc because he is not in GNR and Axl owns the band now. And before anybody gets on their horse about Slash continually talking about GNR, he was always asked and as a former member, he had the right to answer. Without Axl ever been out there, journalists had no other opportunity to try to find out what was going on. Plus, its a great fuckin' story - why not ask!!

I think Slash's continued success and respected position in modern music and media galls Axl and has played havoc with his comfort zone as he tried to bring the nuGNR crew forward.
I often wonder if Slash went the way of Izzy and became very low key would he have been spared the undiluted and unrelenting venom that Axl has directed at him.

It all seems very out of perspective. As a believer that neither man will be better without the influence of the other I am saddened that Axl remains so bitter and paranoid despite years of therapy, new age healing and even a repaired relationship with Izzy, who I had hoped would build the bridge.

I am also saddened that Axl isn't comfortable with the idea of working with more than one of the guys at a time. To me that shows that despite the awfulness that is the state of GNR as a band today, Axl is happier because ultimately he is unchallenged in his role as leader of GNR. He has 'the power rewards of my vision' as he once called it.

What Axl probably doesn't even realise is that as a singer/songwriter he was probably better at his craft when those challengers were there.

I

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

after reading this 'interview' it just reeks of De Ja Vu. The same old whining and excuses.

I personally, love the album and it has more lived up to expectations for me. But Axls public persona is very unlikeable and he can rally against the press and blame, blame, blame. But at the end of the day there is no grand conspiracy. Just the sense of a man who has spent too long alone and out of stepo with the world around him.

Parts of this interview reminded me of the OMG press release

Disappointing to hear such bitterness toward Slash too

Board footer